Fireman Ed quits

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily disagree with this, however, in the present age of parity, I'm really not overcome with the Jets' relative recent success. They are always at least 3 to 4 games a season worse than their closest rival, and that's being generous. They continue to find new and excruciating and/or dumbfoundingly humiliating ways to lose, and make personnel and coaching moves that beggar description with an alarming frequency.

So, yeah, we're more competitive than we were before parity when you could fall really low. That doesn't mean we've been good.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

2 of the last 3 years we advanced further than our closest rival including whipping them on their home field in the div rd.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yeah but they not us went to the SB last year right? Also championship are all that matter since "going further" as U said gets U nowhere if U bow out B4 the SB right again? :sad:

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not sure that franchise is ever going to recover.

5. feldspar

feldspar Member

Look at the Philadelphia Eagles...they went to FOUR Championship games in a row, winning the 4th one and coming damn close to winning the Super Bowl. They've consistently made the playoffs except for a couple of years for something like the past 13 years.

Donovan Mcnabb brought that team to FIVE Championship games, and had a lot more to do with it than Sanchez in his two. Yet this was not enough to save his job, nor is Andy Reid's record as Head Coach.

BTW, the Eagles pretty much did what the Jets did these past two years: went 8-8, and now they are in pretty much the same boat as the Jets record-wise this year.

6. scarfnation

scarfnation New Member

The chant is like ONE THING the jets have over other teams, its famous, do you know other teams chants? maybe the eagles cause those assholes are all over NJ, but everyone knows ours and its better than everyone else's. The jets chant is equivalent to the terrible towel.

7. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

We've been a helluva alot better than most teams in the NFL have been over the same time span. Its fine and normal to be disappointed qt being 3-7, but there are many teams which havent been nearly as exciting or successful as the Jets have been since Rex took over.

8. Buschie

Buschie New Member

Too many Loud mouth, vulgar, drunks at the games now. Especially at the night games. There are fight galore every game. something has to be done. How do you take kids or your wife or girl friend to a game and feel safe?

9. nyjunc

they have the best QB of this generation so they have a HUGE edge over us going into any season but that doesn't change the fact that we were better 2 of the last 3 seasons.

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I have no New York experience other than going to the old Yankee Stadium back in the day....

But, anyone who thinks fans are worse now than the "good old days" is delusional. Way more drunkenness and violent outbreaks back in the 70's.

Been to many a Sox-Yankee game in the Fenway bleachers that had many brouhas. That old toilet bowl stadium in Foxboro called Shaeffer Stadium at the time, got so out of hand for a Monday night game, they didn't have another one there for more than ten years!

People who think things were better back in the day, probably weren't there back in the day.

11. nyjunc

I agree, I think fan behavior(while still bad) has gotten better. There's better security at stadiums now than there used to be.

I do think fan behavior overall still sucks and it has everything to do w/ alcohol. When they ban/limit alcogol the behavior will get even better but they never will b/c they make too much money off of it.

12. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

That's what I don't understand (and I'm NOT defending him) but how is he a douche? There are lots of people calling him a sell out and a douche, but why? I mean I don't know him personally, and I've only met him once at the 09 AFCCG rally in Florham Park, and he seemed like a nice guy.

Just share why you feel the way you do.

13. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

I love how you just selectively pick the only time frame that fits the agenda. Why didn't you use only last year or 10 out the past 11 years or 7 out of the past 8 years. You pick the only time frame that fits some point your trying to make. Lol.

Btw I'd still rather go to the Super Bowl and lose than lose in back to back afcc games.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's really pathetic to be hanging on that as the bright spot of the last 40+ years.

And I'll take Favre over Brady any day of the week..he never whimpered when somebody got within 5 feet of him.

#174 Don, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  15. nyjunc

was rex Ryan our HC the last 10 years? why would I discuss Hrem or mangini? I think it goes w/o saying they were much better than us and any other team in the league since 2001.

yeah I'd rather get to a SB and lose but things broke perfectly for them, they had a .500 team at home in the div rd and a team that dropped a GW TD then missed a chip shot tying FG in the title game. They should have won the SB, they blew it. We were underdogs in the title games so we didn't choke.

16. nyjunc

who was discussing 40 years? I don't tie in the struggles of the 80s/90s w/ today. They have nothing to do w/ each other. Whiny fans like to pretend 1989 is somehow connected to 2012.

17. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Really surprised how many negative posts there are towards Fireman Ed. He was just a fan who got some camera time while leading cheers. No major scandals involving the guy @ all but he's obviously despised by many. Based on this board, I'm wondering indeed what kind of harassment he endured personally.

18. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

just plain old jealousy and resentment. if this board is any indication a lot of fans feel that Ed has undeservedly attained fame and celebrityhood through his fandom while they themselves have achieved nothing close to that. they envy his closeness to the franchise and team so they regard him with this self righteous hatred.

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I don't despise him. But his schtick gets old and he didn't even invent the JETS cheer. He needs to give it a rest.

20. Gastin-oh

Gastin-oh New Member

Here's my story. Sitting in his section about 20 feet away after about the 3rd or 4th J E T S cheer in a few minutes (all of which me and my my friends who were nice enough to give me a ducket for participated in).. we're up by 3 TD's or so 10 minutes to go or so. I decide to sit out one chant and literally his feet didn't hit the ground and he's in my face telling me 'If I want to sit in HIS section you better show some pride MF'er . Shocked to say at least and the people around me kind of made apologies for him being 'so into it' or some nonsense.