Fireman Ed quits

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Nov 25, 2012.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just like Frosty the Snowman,,,,,he' ll be back again someday.

2. no psls

no psls Banned

Why doesn't Fireman Jerk go back to his Bruce Harper jersey ? WAHHHHHH - WAHHHHH - WAHHHHHH

3. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

I've voiced my displeasure with Ed before (used to sit right by him in the old stadium. He's a douche), but he doesn't deserve to be treated in a way that he leaves at halftime. That's just wrong.

4. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Since I don't know you, I wasn't sure.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

the team is responcible for creating the atmosphere. If there is a shit product on the field,the crowd will get restless. If we are subjected to million dollar figures doing "butt slams",then this is what you'll get.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

He backed the wrong horse.

If he decided early on to wear a #15 jersey he'd be a cult hero right now.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I feel like I have to defend this guy using some logic.

Assuming he is being harassed and "contronted" all of the time and this is the primary reason for him relinquishing his persona, the best way to get the word out that he's waiving the white flag, is to go public.

I don't read his message as slamming the Jets. I read it like the guy is genuinely tired of being harassed at games and just wants to enjoy the games and cheer like the rest of us.

I loved going to games when the Jets were winners. I have not been to the stadium this year outside of the pre-season for the precise reason Ed cites.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

well, at least one good thing came out of this horrible season. Good riddance sell out. If you were a real man, you would have retired without your announcement and stop talking about yourself in the 1st person. The whole fireman ed thing has been dead for 2 years, 1/4 of the people have been standing for the guy. And most time, they don't even show him on the big screen. That's the real reason he's retiring, no one pays attention anymore.

9. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Im pretty amazed at the resentment the guy gets on here. Yes he gets publicity from it etc etc but he also has spend his time and energy getting the crowd going in game when there would have been no atmosphere. The year he had a bad injury everyone mentioned that the atmosphere in the stadium was way worse without him.

Obviously with the way he dresses in his Helmet and Shirt he makes himself a target for any drunken ass who feels like hitting out. The fact that he is receiving it from fellow Jets fans is awful. Im not a fan of his but im not against him either, he does what he feels to support the team and he does not deserve abuse from that.

I hope he gets left alone in the future, but im sure some morons will still have a go at him.

10. jetzfan

jetzfan Member

11. TampaJet

TampaJet Member

Like him or not, Fireman Ed was part of the Jets Identity. I enjoyed his enthusiasm and loved the chant. Anything that brings the crowd together is a good thing. Most franchises celebrate tradition. Our owner just gives a shit about money. Joe Namath was cast aside as well and thats why he loves taking shots at us now. Loyalty is not valued in this organization.

12. Greenforlife

Greenforlife New Member

I think the attitude in this forum is indicative of the attitude at the games. Nothing but a bunch of classless assholes. So our team hasn't seen a Superbowl is forever, so what! Grow the fuck up already. I'm no Sanchez fan, or Fireman Ed fan for that matter, but getting harassed at games for wearing a Jets jersey by fellow Jets fans is just plain bullshit.

Next time you want to get drunk and make a scene at a game, please remember there are women and children there as it is a family setting and think twice before you do something stupid.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is the whole point. What team, facing adversity, chooses to divide their fan base further?

The Tebow move was just bottled insanity with a clueless chaser.

14. keepin klecko

keepin klecko Member

I sat in those upper level seats with those guys. I remember the one guy would stand up on the railing and do the chant and spell out the letters with his body. It was a long time ago, before anybody wore jerseys.

15. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

16. MurrellMartin

Fine by me.

I've been a season ticket holder since 1995 and I really don't care that he's leaving. The chant lived on for years at Shea Stadium without him, lived on for a year when he was out with a "back injury" and will live on now more likely than not through the four gigantic video boards. If he hadn't sold out, this would not have been an issue and he'd probably be leading the chant for another 10 years or so before being loved by most of the fan base when he went out, but when you sell out you have to role with the punches and Ed did that this season.

So long. Not going to weep in my cereal over this.

17. jaybny

jaybny Banned

good riddance. we need wholesale changes, and that includes fireman ed. J E T S chant can go to.

18. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Surely some of you aren't seriously blaming Tebow for this lol.

It's a clear sign of the state of the Jets for the teams unofficial mascot to flat out quit on the team. Sad day.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Who gives a fuck? Dude was a DOLPHINS FAN

20. MurrellMartin

There's actually someone who keeps "@'ing" me on Twitter about how this is all Tebow's fault, and I know he's being dead serious because I've met the guy before.

You can't make this shit up.