Fireman Ed quits

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Nov 25, 2012.

1. mrmahon

mrmahon New Member

I think the big question is, DOES he give up his 1st row seats? You know he only got them because of his act. He is a media whore who craves attention but not when it is bad attention. Take the good with the bad ed stop your crying.
    Go ahead make your comments on how is is so great or he does not seek attention. . . . you will be as deluted as he is. Good day.

#61 mrmahon, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  2. JohnnyS2

JohnnyS2 Member

Those Jet fans confronting him for wearing a Sanchez jersey need to grow the hell up.

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

You know things are rough when our unofficial mascot calls it quits. So you're telling me next week the cameras will not pan to him, at all?

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Oh Well change is coming, might as well start in the crowd from the bottom up

5. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

What happened to the two guys at Shea who would start the chant? I remember one guy had a Klecko jersey and the other one wore Abdul Salaam. Bring those fat fun loving drunks back and the rest of that rowdy pot smoking section. Never was a fan of Fireman Ed. Also, what did he expect wearing a Sanchez jersey? The bum lost his confidence last season and hasn't been the same since.

6. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

This fanbase has really fallen off. Sitting in the stands is a pretty pathetic experience. Look at a large proportion of the posts in this forum. They parallel each other.

7. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Belichick will trade a 4th rounder for him and turn him into a Hall of Famer.

8. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Bye Bye Eddie! (I really can't stand this fucker)

Like I say to everyone when the waters aren't so rough, and things clear up don't look to get back on the boat.

If you get off the bandwagon you stay off!

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

how many times after a game like the other night,and a season like this have you said "ive had it,im not watching",or "im not buying a jersey " or whatever? No one ever hears you or cares. Well,your voice and frustration was just heard. Like him or not,he just spoke for our frustration.

10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

He probably should have known better than to wear a Sanchez jersey to begin with lol.

But really, it's too bad. Whatever you may think of Fireman Ed personally, it's always nice to have passioniate fans involved. This is just another example of a declining fan atmosphere in one of the new stadiums, as well as the idiocy that's surrounded this year's Jets team.

11. typeOnegative13NY

yeah,hes produced so many. maybe if he can hold a camera and tape signals from the stands or something

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Oh please. I went to a home game with my Dad in the mid 80's (I think it was against the Bears) and I vividly remember a good looking girl was walking in. She got surrounded by about 20 "Jets fans" who started chanting "show your tits". They made a circle around her where she couldn't just push her way through. I remember the girl was bawling crying.

About 3 fights broke out after the game trying to get to the parking lot after the Jets got smoked. That's just one of a thousand stories of asshats I have from being at Jets games. My Dad had tix when they were the Titans, all the way up to the Meadowlands. You should hear some of that shit. Clearly, not all fans are bad, and I'm proud to be a Jets fan, but let's not act like we are a historically classy fanbase.

13. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that Mark has done wrong is play like he has. He can't bench himself, he hasn't been a douche to the fans or the media, he has handled the QB drama very well. If someone wants to wear a jersey of a player of the Jets team - big frickin' deal. He was, in his own way showing support of a badly struggling player that this team NEEDS to perform. Good for him for having the balls to do so.

14. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

we are turning into the philadelphia fan base. Bashing fans for wearing players that 2 years ago we loved?? Ive been a season ticket holder for 17 years and in the last 2 years the experience at the stadium has degraded majorly.
    I ride with this team til the end. and I very much respect Ed for voicing his frustration. I wear a USC Sanchez on occasion, and the things I've heard this year would make you think I was in Miami or New England. It's a shame, and it's embarrassing.

15. typeOnegative13NY

im sure every stadium has their stories. its what happens whenever there is a large gathering and alchohol.

16. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

To be fair, (1) He switched teams at age 10; can't we cut kids some slack? and (2) he didn't exactly switch to a team that it is easy to root for

17. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

the whole dolphins thing is a myth. He wasn't a big football fan and there was a picture of him in a dolphins sweater when he was a kid. It's only been magnified recently with Jenkins tweeting the dolphins fan joke.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the chant has been around alot longer than fireboy ed.... it used to be an upper deck thing and they would go back and forth section vs section doing it.

this guy just decided to get on his buddies shoulders and it caught on.

i always found that fans were waiting for him to start the chant before they would cheer. i also hated how he regularly would do it at the worst possible times. ed we dont want to do it when we are on offense or just after tds, we need the noise when were on defense. k thanks.

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

They can always get that captain Jet guy to do the chant, right?

20. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

The guys in those jerseys were Ed and his brother. Ed word the Salaam jersey.