Fireman Ed is Back!!!! (2019 Edition)

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Falco21, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Don’t care about the guy on a personal level

Don’t know him

Not negative
    Not positive
    He’s a dude I never met

BUT

From a stadium standpoint he was awesome

He clearly helps make the crowd hype and loud

Loud crowds help the home team

I like the home team

Therefore I like Ed the mascot chanter

Fuck the rest of the crying babies.

2. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Great to hear!!

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Guy is a Dolphins fan that bailed when times got tough. Screw him. He’ll never be anything more than a guy playing a character to me.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Guess he paid the price by bailing to the Jets.

stinkyB and KWJetsFan like this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Thanks for clarifying for the masses. This has been discussed on here many times, and all of us who are older than dirt remember the guy in the green John Riggins wig. I never knew their names though because we sat on the 50 on Row Excellent in both Shea and The New Dump. Fukk you, Woody Johnson! I always look to throw that in.

The green Riggins wig guy would also paint his chest green and run around shirtless in the middle of December, hahaha. It was a blast, and even when the Jets were losing abysmally and throwing every projectile that wasn't nailed down onto the field he got the crowd going. The chant did carry over to The Old Dump for a while before Ed Anzalone picked up the torch and ran with it.

Everyone talks about when Fireman Ed "quit". He was also absent for a couple of years after 9/11 because insider information has it that he had a disability claim open. I have no desire to crap on the guy especially in light of that and I personally thought it was fun, but what I will crap on him for (but not too much) is something somewhat unrelated. He was formerly a MIAMI FAN, Miami, the true pukes of the AFCE, something he's only talked about vaguely and essentially avoids.

OK, so I'll explain it. Fans in our general age demographic in the tri-state area were generally Miami, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Oakland fans when we were all growing up. Well, they turned into fans of those teams and adopted those teams I should say because they were spineless humps who jumped the Jets ship. They latched on to teams that were winning and the Jets were constantly losing so . . .. Buncha faggots. Me, I like my pain and suffering just fine. So yep, that's why there were so many fans of those teams in my own backyard.

So I think what happened with Ed Anzalone if I recall was that he was somewhat of an unwitting victim of this phenomenon. I remember that goddamn Larry Csonka poster that every asshole my age had in their bedroom after the Dolphins had a perfect season. Ugggghhhh. So anyway, the reason that I won't crap on him too much for it is because he actually swung the opposite way. He defected from the Miami fold and became a Jets fan so I think there's something to be said for that. I know some people would still call it a dick move for switching loyalties but I'm willing to turn a blind eye on it. My apologies to Wesley Walker.

You cared enough to yawn.

AJW, westiedog1, JeTsInTexas and 2 others like this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly; it takes a bunch of miserable ppl when it comes to having any types of negative thoughts towards this man and former firefighter and Jet fan. I can never talk bad about a fan who pumps up literally the entire stadium, goes to every game that I dream I could but can't living in Florida and has a fun time every time how TF can you hate on a man like this? Lol buch of miserable pricks I MISS THE DAYS where his brother didn't have bad knees and would lift Ed on his SHOULDERS for our J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS chant!! Fireman Ed is a part of my Jets childhood as our face of the fan base I love our fan base and I love our mascot

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Aren't you also a Dolphins fan?

8. jetophile

Outed like Tim Tebow.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't remember Modell's or EJ Korvettes selling Cowboy or Steeler swag... :confused:

10. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

My oldest son was born in '76. When the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial came out a few years later, all he wanted was Steeler gear and it was everywhere. Jackets, pajamas, hats - he had it all. Thankfully, he outgrew that phase.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We're gonna need a fireman all right...

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Punishment fits the crime.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fireman Ed looks fat to me

jetophile and Acad23 like this.
  14. jetophile

Jerseys weren't nearly as super huge like they are now. It was mostly T-shirts, knit hats, sweaters, posters, pjs, homeade gear, bobbleheads, and big mouths. Korvettes, lol.

15. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Real fans don't write a story I quit as a fan in the paper