Fireman Ed gone, but he still roots for J-E-T-S

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hwismer, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

The 09 game against the pats was epic. The best was watching Brady have a hissy fit at all of the false start, and delay of game penalties. I couldn't wait to get home and watch it on tv from the dvr. I'd never trade the experience you get going to a game vs watching it on tv, but you do get to choose what you want to focus on watching when you have it on tv.

The Saints game was good and loud last year, probably the loudest I've heard the new stadium get, but my God the stadium was packed with Saints fans! They were decent though, I usually get into it with fans from the opposing teams that talk shit, but I didn't have any problems that game.

That's the biggest problem with the psls, it forced out so many real Jet fans and now fans from the opposing teams can easily get tickets. And a lot of fan bases travel well, our last home game against Pittsburgh was pathetic, if I didn't know better I'd have thought I was watching from Heinz Field with all the fucking towels!

So a lot of Jet fans watching games at the new stadium are totally new to the experience. You have to actually train them in proper game etiquette, for example you don't cross in front of somebody to go to the bathroom for the 100th time during a play. You do that shit when the teams in the huddle. And they have no clue when it comes to our chant. And that fucking band/drumline bullshit leading it is less than useless!

I don't care if it's Ed or not that comes back to lead it or somebody new, but with all the new "fans" at the stadium we really need somebody leading the Jets chant in order to get it right, and hopefully loud.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

They need to find a way to get everyone ready for the Jets chant. I had no issues with Fireman Ed. Hard to believe he quit, but if people are going to throw things at him and do all of that, he has the right to quit. I don't mind the Jets reaching out, but if he doesn't want to, let's move on. It sucks that the chant isn't what it used to be though.

BacktoQueens and Jets Esq. like this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So? You got nothin"? Your generalities are just empty talk. Give us something solid to work with.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Us? Are you more than one person? Or just trying to gain support from other people?

5. Ralebird

Us, the readers of this forum. There might be more than one person here who would like to hear what, specifically, Anzalone did to
    1) Embarrass anyone.
    2) Be a douche.
    3) Indicate he didn't know how to do his job

6. abyzmul

I'm sure I didn't stutter in my previous posts, but as far as not knowing how to do his job, it's archived in every game where he was leading a JETS chant while the offense was getting set for their first snap of a drive.

As far as "us", apparently you think you are speaking for the entire forum, which is absolutely false when you actually read through this thread.

7. Ralebird

Now I get it! You guys didn't get your participation awards! Have your mommy call the principal.

8. abyzmul

Somebody has a personal stake in this thread. Did he rescue your cat from a tree?

9. Ralebird

I have no problem whatsoever in sending a message to the offense on the first snap that the fans want something accomplished, why do you? Would you prefer the chant while replays are being examined or when the QB's taking a knee?

And at least one other guy wants to know "How u know he a douche?"

10. abyzmul

Doing a stadium-wide chant while the quarterback is communicating to the offense is the pinnacle of not knowing how to do his job.

And hey, you now are speaking for yourself and a poster that can barely communicate in the English language, if that's what you mean by "us", I'll let you run with it.

11. Ralebird

OK, the timing needed a little work at times.

Somebody's got to help him out.

I really don't think we're the only one's who don't understand the venom.

12. abyzmul

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I don't hate the guy, but over the past 15 years of posting on this forum, I have read a LOT of personal anecdotes about how this guy was completely full of himself. I didn't cotton to the hate he was getting in the middle of the last decade, mainly because I didn't give a shit, but the more I read about him, combined with his "retirement", the more I was annoyed by him. Add to this that the J-E-T-S chant seemed to materialize at some of the most ill-timed moments, and I have no choice but to want the guy to fuck off. He sucked at his superfan job, and was still able to cash in on perks from the team.

Am I really supposed to want this guy to come back and suck some more? I'd almost rather the J-E-T-S chant go away completely.

joe and Endlessly Counting like this.
  13. Ralebird

Call it what you want, but I thought he did a good job and I know the guy who started it. Anzalone went out of his way to acknowledge it wasn't his cheer the one time I met him and I was also there when he got dragged out of a Bourbon Street bar by the bouncers just for leading the cheer after a Jets win in 2001. This was the same bar that was asking him in to do the cheer for two days before that to pump up their business, so yeah, I think he got a raw deal. Sue me.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The Jets need to have Fireman Eds fake funeral on the field then bring in the new mascot and have him jump from a helicopter onto the field.Forget Ed ,the fact that the Jets reached out to him bothers me.We don't need a guy in a firemans cap leading the Jets chant.If the Jets won the Superbowl he would want to be in the picture and get a ring

15. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it too.

I was sitting not too far from him when the fight with the Giant fan went down, and I don't blame him for getting sick of going through that type of thing every week. But he didn't need to publicize his meeting with the Jets, unless he misses the limelight too much.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

what are the cap ramifications?

The Uniform Bomber likes this.
  17. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Chant will not be the same. It used to get me so fired up when you felt that passion and unity from 65k+ fans behind it.

The drum line is a pathetic attempt at it and honestly don't know where they can go with it now without turning it into more of a joke. I don't think folks are gonna respond to bringin in some average Joe.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"The Magnificent Abyzmulson(s)" - nice! Bye Fireman Ed: 'Booth/Parking gone'

[​IMG]

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Or, instead of a helicopter how about a pair of remote control flying lawnmowers suddenly reeling "out-of-control" (er, sort of) :rolleyes: and turning Ed's fake funeral into the real deal.

As for the Super Bowl, yeah I could see him going the faux fraternal Mike "I gawt rings!" Fatcessa route.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

too high
    we don't want to mess with next years rollover