#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

This team is ready to take off in 2019 and this is a huge building block year in 2018. You really cannot have a confused middling uninspiring coach holding us back. He's getting 1 more chance but if we're still same ol' Jetsing it around 3-4 games into the season I sincerely hope they start looking for a new coach super early just like we started searching for our QB of the future super early which eventually led to Sam. I don't care if it's a veteran guy or someone who has only coached in college, we desperately need somebody who gameplans, inspires, and runs a more disciplined ship than Bowles.

And not for lack of effort. I think Bowles tries. I just think this job is too much for him

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Speaking of Petty, talk about an infuriating player. Guy looked like an absolute hall of famer in pre season (or at least like a competent NFL QB) put him in real regular season game situations and he can't hit the broadside of a barn. We've seen it all before, lots of summer teases (David Clowney etc) but when it's a QB that gives you hope it's especially stinging

3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I like him too- he’s a nice guy

Great story

But he’s not a reason why the team would win

He is literally just s guy

We need a coach who makes a difference

Someone who can overcome talent deficiencies

Someone who can make in game adjustments

Someone who can manage the clock

Someone who can do the math when to go for 2 vs 1

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

A good Fire Bowles thread needs to be more creative than this. I'm rating this one 4.31/10. Actually you know what, I'm rating it 4.16/10.

5. Longsuffering88

Show your work or you get zero credit for your stupid answer.

6. Longsuffering88

Example

Bill Belichick teaches his players to not stretch the ball out - unless it’s 4th down.

This level of detail

This level of teaching

This is the type of coach I want

Bowles talking about “Sometimes you're late to work. It's life. It's not life threatening” is not for me... sorry

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Belichick .431 win % through first 3 years, Bowles .431%

basically 0 games apart

But these moronic Jet fans kneel at the altar of Bill Belichick because of .... why exactly?

Give me a reason please?

Bowles is a better coach FWIW. At least he had a winning season early on.

Belichick was a joke.

Never made a single player, or unit better.

Fire Belichick ASAP

8. Longsuffering88

What has Todd done to make you think he is a good coach?

Zero

9. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I don't think I have agreed with 80% of the critical game time decisions that Bowles has made. I still think he has the chance to be a good HC in the Sam Darnold era.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Kotite was (4-28) as Jets Head Coach or a .125 win %. Bowles' worst season was 2016 when he went (5-11). Still, he is (20-28), not great. No need to compare him to bad coaches. Just focus on what he has done, which is not much.

It's hard to fully assess Bowles, because in 2015 he went (10-6) with a veteran team. Then in 2016 the team fell a part with bad QB play and he went (5-11). Then in 2017 his roster was completely stripped down and he went (5-11). Now he is likely starting a rookie QB on a rebuilding team. It is possible that we will have to wait until 2019 for a true overall assessment of Bowles. It is an odd situation.

11. Longsuffering88

By your logic you also assume Kotite is on par with Belichick- so you want Rich?????

This is where your smug commentary falls short

Any normal football fan sees Bowles is playing checkers and Bill is a genius sniper killer.

Not even playing same sport. Not even on the same planet. Different solar system.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Longsuffering88

First 3 years Kotite was .600% winning (little more)

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

So what, what's your point?

Since when does your "first 3 years" determine your NFL head coaching potential and/or "write the book" on your head coaching career?

Although this won't fit your driven agenda against coach Todd Bowles, I can easily give you a quick 10 examples (which really isn't all that hard to do, once you do a little bit of historical NFL head coaching research).

Tom Landry: 9-28 after first 3 years (.243%).

Chuck Noll: 12-30 after first 3 years (.285%).

Weeb Ewbank: 13-22 after first 3 years (.371%)

Marv Levy: 19-29 after first 3 years (.395%).

Jimmy Johnson: 19-29 after first 3 years (.395%).

Dick Vermeil: 18-26 after first 3 years (.409%).

Bill Belichick: 20-28 after first 3 years (.416%). Same exact record as Todd Bowles.

Bill Walsh: 21-27 after first 3 years (.437%).

Mike Shanahan: 16-20 after first 3 years (.444%).

Bill Parcells: 22-25 after first 3 years (.468%).

As you can see all 10 of these coaches had career losing records of below .500 ball throughout (only) their first 3 years of NFL Head Coaching experience...

But yea, right; let's not let the statistical facts get in the way while you're at it.

And oh please. Get a grip of reality.

Stop acting and pretending as if any one of these head coaches would've been able to consistently win (during their first 3 years) with career jags as their QB's in Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, Geno Smith, Bryce Petty & Christian Hackenberg etc (that's actually on Mike Maccagnan lol, not "Todd Bowles") while (also) being backed by nothing but a complete rebuild consisting of nothing but roster turnover.

Yea. Right. O.k. Sure they would've (not under those shitty/less than ideal coaching circumstances and scenarios they wouldn't have).

Oh so funny it is to run a coach out of town before first allowing him the opportunity to lead a team behind a Franchise caliber signal caller in Sam Darnold along with being backed by a boat load of salary cap come 2019's offseason. And the same goes for Mike Maccagnan as G.M too.

#113 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

We went 10-6 during his 1st year (coming off a 4-12 season the year before under Rex) and would've made the postseason until Shitztragic struck week 17 (with 3 INT's and a QB Rating of only 42.7) all while without Bilal Powell...

and let's not forget that just last year we still won 5 games despite know it all critics predicting a young roster "only being capable of an 0-16/1-15" type of season and 4 of those loses came by a combined 20 points (N.E, MIA, ATL TB) behind a career jags of loser "QB" in McCown who was only a combined 8-27 daing back to 2007 (.228%) before being shoved and forced down Todd Bowles throat as Head Coach.

Simply unfathomable.

BudJet likes this.
  15. Longsuffering88

I agree

I was trying to shine a light on the fallacy of time

besides the obvious “eye test” of pathetic coaching .... Todd Gump has.....?

exhibited a lack of gameplan, poor scheming, lack of teaching, lack of adjusting, poor clock management, poor ability at concealing weaknesses, poor tactical strategy, weak strategic attack, and poor general football intelligence overall.

This genius’s record happens to coincide with a horrific (to the jets elite fans) coach of Rich Kotite.

some posters here think Kotite was a dog and Bowles is a prince -How?

Other morons think that Bowles must be belichick since they have the same record!!!!

What do your eyes say?

What does your gut say?

THAT is the question

Don’t listen to the jet ball lickers.

Clearly Todd is a nice guy who has ZERO Business coaching a billion Dollar franchise

Ralebird and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This thread is ass.

Listen, if you don't like the guy, cool, but trying to take the worst coach in Jets history and using him in an attempt to stretch it in a way that justifies your dislike for, Bowles. It's dumb.

It's lazy, makes no sense, and isn't even a good argument.

Based on this thread, I now think the OP Isnt in tune with the actual coaching abilities of, Bowles. You're just bitching, to bitch. You weren't around or have educated yourself on the Kotite era with the Jets, you clearly never bothered to research any other coaches, successful or not, in the same capacity.

You just used a name that many Jets fans dissassociate with, and tried to make it stick, thinking it was a great idea.

Clearly it wasn't.

....see ya'll when the season starts. Tired of reading this type of non-sense lately.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup. And the same (exact) types of horse shit drivel could've been said about all 10 of thess head coaches (after only their first 3 years) as well.

Tom Landry:
    9-28 after first 3 years (.243%).

Chuck Noll: 12-30 after first 3 years (.285%).

Weeb Ewbank: 13-22 after first 3 years (.371%)

Marv Levy: 19-29 after first 3 years (.395%).

Jimmy Johnson: 19-29 after first 3 years (.395%).

Dick Vermeil: 18-26 after first 3 years (.409%).

Bill Belichick: 20-28 after first 3 years (.416%). Same exact record as Todd Bowles.

Bill Walsh: 21-27 after first 3 years (.437%).

Mike Shanahan: 16-20 after first 3 years (.444%).

Bill Parcells: 22-25 after first 3 years (.468%).

Do you mind telling (us all) just how "great" Bill Belichick looked his first 3 years with Bernie Kosar, Mike, Tomczak, Todd Philcox and Vinny Testaverde as his QB's? lol.

Or how "awesome" Bill Parcells looked without Phil Simms early on? ;)

How about Bill Walsh and his "oh so famous" West Coast offense, lol how'd it look with Steve DeBerg his QB (before getting blessed with Joe Montana)? :eek:

You seem to be the NFL head coaching genius... So, I'll be waiting for your in-depth analysis and HC breakdowns :rolleyes:

Obviously there is a lot more to head coaching than just getting blessed and being super lucky with your GM landing you a Franchise QB but I'm sorry, and not to sound mean or stuck up on my sports knowledge; but you're absolutely clueless along with having a lack of any type of football insight if you truly feel/believe/think that any NFL head coach (ever) could (ever) consistently win with career losers and jag QB's in Ryan Shitztragic, Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg and/or Josh freaking McCown running their offense.

Reality check.

LF911SC, IIMeanDeanII and Cman68 like this.
  18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And Bill Bellicheck had a .417% his first 3 years in as a head coach.

What's your point? If your point is that a guy just starting out as a head coach needs some time to adapt and get better and grow with the franchise he's coaching for, then I get it. If it's your point that he was given a terrible roster at first and is now starting to play a much more talented core, I get your point.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

He is "growing " at the expense of fans who have not seen a playoff team in 8 years or a SB in about 50..andIve posted this many times..he will use his experience gained (at our expense ) to move on as a D.C... and continue to con Owners for more $

Landry Belichek Vermeil had some brains in their head..I would see that and give them a bit of a pass..over 3 years....it DOESNT MATTER the talent level if YOU PUSH PAMPERED PLAYERS to get their BEST..TB is a big loser in that department

Forget the Kotite comparison ..someone reply to this post with 4 or 5 reasons of evidence from past performance that Bowles is GREAT now and will be better 3 years from now???

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You honestly expected a coach to come in to this franchise and win with the roster he had when he started? Are you joking?

And who said Todd Bowles is "great"? I don't remember using that word. I was simply pointing out that a head coach is much more than a winning percentage in the first 3 years of his career as a head coach. There are many great head coaches that started similarly, which was my point.

At the expense of this franchise? If you are going to sit here today and blame Todd Bowles for the direction this franchise has been going for 8 years, then there's no use having this discussion.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Geno Smith
    Bryce Petty
    Josh McCown

Those were his starting QBs so far lmao

Please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.