FIRE ROBERT SALEH NOW!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 9, 2024.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I'm laughing. I was about to trash you, then saw who it was and realized the absolute truth and sarcasm behind the post. You almost got me.

2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Solid D performance? They had a solid first half. Then the Broncos started shredding them, and the touchdown was to their top receiver who was standing all alone at the back of the end zone. No one within 10 yd or even in the end zone with him. Solid D performance?

Fuck this team.

mezzavo likes this.
  3. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

I just don’t understand why we’re not shadowing with Sauce. They had the blueprint with Surtain across the way. Maybe a reporter can ask Bob about it and they can think about going forward. It’s unbelievable the lack of any effort this coaching staff shows

mezzavo likes this.
  4. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Incorrect. Woody Johnson picked the coach. He ALLOWED JD to hire him. At least, that is what I've heard. I could be wrong but I don't think I am. JD has amassed a pretty damn good roster, if you ask my opinion and anyone else in the NFL Community. "Why" would he intentionally keep a H.C. around that has shit it up unless he was forced to?

cmcm750203 likes this.
  5. mezzavo

This is where I'm at too. I really don't get it. The whole fucking NFL world says we have a damn good roster. Fuck man, I played football...I can see that it's a damn good roster! I could name 10 coaches, right now, that could take what this team has and win the god damn Super Bowl!!!! Guess what? Bob Saleh isn't on that list.

Joe Douglas is not the fucking problem!!!!!!!!!!

So explain to me why o-lineman leave our team and go elsewhere and are, at least, GOOD! Explain that one away... I can. It's called COACHING!!!!!

IIMeanDeanII, jixxjr and AtlantaJet like this.
  6. mezzavo

Preach brother....PREACH!!!!

7. mezzavo

We'd probably get some bullshit answer about cadence and then a re-direct about how they'll have to practice Zone harder.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Nobody was calling Bowles a "tactical teacher" in 2018. They were calling him "Toilet Bowles" and saying he had no idea how to scheme like Rex did. All I know with Saleh is that his side of the ball has been good. Maybe that's Ulbrich, but Saleh hired Ulbrich. He also hired the best OC we had in a very long time. If not for the Zach Wilson debacle and scapegoating of LaFleur, Saleh would have done an acceptable job.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  9. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Saleh just doesnt have the killer instinct. I puked watching him laugh and joke with Zach Wilson after a misrable loss to Denver. Like, Wilson almost derailed his career, just shut up, go to locker room, say hi, and go. Cant stand this guy.

10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The problem with Saleh is his rigid and sometimes outdated philosophy.

He doesn't make adjustments. His scheme requires massive investment at DL and top DL+DB talent to work well. He thinks running game+defense is how you win. He doesn't expect a good offense or really even think we need one - he just thinks that if the defense is good enough then it doesn't matter if we score 16 PPG. That mindset does not consistently win games in the modern league.

Under Saleh, we've gotten blown out frequently, have been penalized frequently, and are never prepared to play after extended rest. Those things don't happen with good coaches.

Cman68, AtlantaJet and mezzavo like this.
  11. mezzavo

This is my problem. Leading the league, or close to it, is unacceptable and will absolutely ENSURE his firing no matter where he ends up.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That’s fine. I get the point, grass always seems greener in the moment.

Obviously it looks like Bowles is a decent to good coach and it appears as though the roster was a way bigger problem back then than the coaching.

I think it’s pretty obvious to be the opposite now.

HomeoftheJets and teamgreen like this.
  13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

10 pts
    a blown coverqge for TD shrug.
    We're one of the NFLs best through 4. (on D)

The offense on the other hand is in the 20's (of 32 teams)
    Were 3rd in yds/game
    5th pts per game.
    (on D)
    And i dont feel the need to defend Saleh. I dont care if we fire him. Hes gonna have a lonmhg career as a coach.

trying to win when your GM fields a team that cannnot rise above 29th out of 32 teams in scoring pts per game ???

ur fucked. THAT THE OFFENSE THAT JOE DOUGLAS HAS GIVEN MY JETS FANS abysmal.

14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

accepts an offense that cant rise above 29 out of 32 teams in scoring for 5 years....

jajajajajajaja!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ralebird likes this.
  15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I’m glad you stated this because I’ve heard Saleh being referred to as a defensive guru or even genius. He’s not. He’s defensive “minded”, which means he believes in a philosophy that preaches winning with Defense.

His actual Defense, on the other hand, is the most vanilla basic defensive philosophy you’ll find in the NFL. He plainly admits it, saying a monkey could call his D. Our D wins with players beating their man with physicality and dominance of talent. To that end we drafted Gardner and signed Reed, which gave us arguably a top 5 CB tandem (up to this season at least). We drafted passrushers in the 1st round in consecutive seasons and then traded for another to have 3 total first round picks at pass rusher. We had an elite DT on the roster already, and a former 1st rounder at LB. Of course Saleh’s D is good. Especially in SF with the studs he had there (SF’s D actually improved after Saleh left)

That said, to your point above, we’ve been blown out quite a bit. In fact there’s usually little in between. We either stuff a team or we get completely dominated. Why? Because when the talent of our D isn’t enough, our coach has no answers. His D philosophy isn’t intelligent enough to alter the design, nor is it intelligent enough to put avg players in position to maximize their skill and talents while minimizing their deficiencies. It just drives me nuts because people think his departure would spell doom for our D, when in fact it wouldn’t change at all. The players are here.

mattyd99 likes this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The general manager is responsible for the coaches - that roster is lousy! Woody Johnson couldn't find his ass with both hands so I don't have any idea how he could have found Saleh. and history shows he has used outside sources in past coaching searches. I would expect that Douglas used his contacts in the league to zero in on Saleh and Johnson just gave his approval. Why anyone connected to the Jets wants to keep a coach with Saleh's record of success is anyone's guess.

17. HomeoftheJets

Until this year, Saleh was right in thinking that run game and defense was the way to win because he had Zach at QB. It's different now obviously, but Hackett isn't capable of calling a modern offense. If Saleh wanted to replace LaFleur with Hackett, then I agree with everything you're saying about him. I just don't think that's what happened.

18. HomeoftheJets

Yes but also I was one of the only people on TGG back in 2018 who was saying the roster was a bigger problem than the coaching.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets got rooked by the campaign that the 49ers put together to help get Saleh a HC job and San Francisco was awarded two 3rd rounders when the Jets were stupid enough to hire him.

The Jets have won very few games and the 49ers actually seemed to get better.

IDFjet, teamgreen and REVISion like this.
  20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

He very likely will not be a HC again in the foreseeable future--He will probably get a DC somewhere that hasn't looked too closely at the tape.