Fire Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by milcus, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Its obvious that Oregon's offense wouldn't work in the NFL, but I would want Chip Kelly because he can coach an offense. Sure, he would have to change his scheme, but he knows talent and can coach it.

2. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I don't see how this changes this year. Sanchez was going to be the starter this year and it actually freed up cap room. Next year is a different deal

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Or, look at it as serious regression. 2 AFC title games followed by 8-5 to an 8-8 collapse which included players publicly shitting on the locker room. Rex, the HC himself, said he "lost the pulse of the team (WTF???).

Now, a year later, they are just a shitty team. Rex took credit for hiring Sparano, who is possibly the only living offensive coordinator regression from Shotty. Rex has now also showed he is willing to go down in flames with the 33rd (out of 32 teams...wow) QB in the league in Sanchez, w/o even trying to make a change.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

What? I know about the foot fetish thing but what are you talking about ?

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I agree with most everything but I'm gonna question your last paragraph. Sanchez has had some very good games with this team, unfortunately they all seemed to have come in his first two seasons. He outplayed Brady in that playoff game two years ago. He also outplayed Brady in the game Revis pulled his hammy chasing Randy Moss. He also has done something no other Jet QB has ever done, went into Pittsburgh and walked out with a win. Now football is a team game and I agree with you that it is impossible to win with horrid QB play but Sanchez has shown flashes, it's just that since the middle of last season he has regressed to the point that he is now single handily costing this team wins or at least a shot at winning.

Exactly, Rex doesn't really have much to work with. I don't know if he's going to ever win a SB but he gives us our best shot, people calling for Cowher or other name coaches seem to forget that guys like Cowher and Shannahan essentially laughed at us after we fired Mangini, we're a bigger clusterfuck now then we were then. Cowher isn't coming here, he is going to walk into the perfect situation for him which would be a team like the Saints, or Cowboys. A team with an established QB and playmakers, not some team with no talent like us. Firing Rex would be a mistake at least until he proves that he can't with better talent. We all saw what he can do if he has talent and average QB play, the problem is we have the worst QB play in the NFL right now. Even Gabbert seems to be playing better then Mark and I wouldn't want Gabbert anywhere near this team.

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

That's why it's never going to happen.

Not that I can imagine any coach who had won 4 playoff games in 4 years stepping aside for a college coach and staying as a coordinator. Rex still thinks he can be a head coach.

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan's style of football simply cannot win in this day and age.

This is a passing league now. The days of Ground and pound are long gone.

I love Rex, but he is nothing more than a defensive coordinator.

8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think we will finish 7-9, and Rex will be back, Sparano, he is as good as gone. I think we should look into hiring Mike Melarkey as OC.

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Someone should tell that to the 49ers, Texans, Bears, and Seahawks.
    They are all getting it done on Defense, running game, and turnover margin.
    Exactly the style Rex is driving at, except he has a turnover machine at QB which doesn't fit real well to that concept.

10. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I don't want to rebuild with someone who has never coached a day of his life in the NFL in any capacity.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

exactly my thought.

12. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

And no running game. And not much defense.

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

And we cant run, or stop the run. We can't pass and Mr. Kyle "I can't cover" Wilson makes Golden Shit look like Jerry Rice.

14. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

There were rumors that Rex and his wife solicited people online to gang bang his wife while he watched, some of which were Ravens players. Not sure they were ever substantiated.

15. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they can trade one circus for another. I would rather have chips and salsa.

McElroy in 2013!

16. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

This team needs to adapt a no huddle offense, because ground and pound isn't going anywhere. I don't think Rex is getting fired, but if he were to, I think Kelly is an excellent candidate.

The offense isn't about talent, the whole Kelly system is based on confusion and hesitation. The offense knows where the play is going to be, their whole job is to make the defense confused for just a split second more than they would be normally. I think Kelly will make an excellent coach in the right situation (a team that has a solid defense, which would be us when Revis is back, and the molasses immitating LB crew is off the team) and will revitalize the offense.

Unfortunately, it won't happen for two reasons.

One, Rex won't be fired after this season, and Kelly will most likely bolt after this season.

Two, Sanchez isn't the right QB for the system to work. We can't get rid of Sanchez thanks to his contract extension so he will be on the team. Although I do think Tebow is actually a better fit for his system than Sanchez.

But coaching talent wise, I think Kelly is an excellent choice.

17. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Niners lost to the Rams today, and have struggled on offense in many games. The Bears and Texans have elite offensive options at both RB and WR, along with QBs who can get them the ball. The defense certainly helps. And Seattle is 6-4, 5-0 of wihch is at home - that's 1-4 on the road.

Let's not get too crazy now.

18. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

To have an offense Sputter as bad as the Jets have and for as long as they have is a direct view into the level of coaching they are getting. This Team is a train wreck and we have had three really critical games ,that we have either been dismantled or we have blown amazing opportunities over and over again.

The coaching staff as well as the General manager are directly at fault . This is no different then watching them do nothing about the right Tackle position until it solved itself by attrition.

If Rex were to be fired the worst thing that could come from it is Tony Sparano As head coach.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

49ers lost their starting QB today, and were still in the game due to the defense. The Bears, Texans, and Seahawks have their strengths in defense and running the ball, there is absolutely no question to that.
    Not sure how far the Hawks will go, but the Texans, 49ers and Bears are true contenders this year. So yeah, i would say the philosophy still works.
    The Jets just have the WORST qb in the NFL, and shitty offense in general.

20. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Can we get Ratlif back?