Fire John Idzik

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GoldenShowers, Oct 5, 2014.

1. N0samples

N0samples Guest

And he should use his own judgement in deciding who to hire for this position?

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

He's an NFL owner. If he doesn't have close advisors and contacts who can help assist him in the process and tell him who the top available guys are then this franchise is doomed.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

We were never gonna spend our issues away, that approach was bemoaned the world over until we saw the alternative. we have the space to be flexible in the future, our GM isn't chickenehead or shortsighted, thats a good thing believe it or not. And yes, he knows football, he's been around the game for years, stop that ignorant BS.

My personal belief is that our fan base will damn him if he does or does not do something matter what it is, so JI is gonna have to play adult and let us stew like little kids

fire the GM after two years? bullshit. overreactive bullshit from an insecure fan base looking for an easy answer to their woes.

stay the course, lets see how he handles this next offseason, he's the one who's set himself up to be based off of building and maintaining a core of talent, lets see him do it. i just... can't respect the opinion of those who want to fire a person for a singular season when their job is CLEARLY based on long term impact.

nothing more to say, if you're the type that wants to see him fired NOW, well, lets just say I'd hope you NEVER became GM for the jets yourself based on your knowledge of how things work.

NJJ_Jersey_Jets likes this.
  4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I thought of Idzik, I thought of Seattle, and how he could "build" our team like Seattle, when he got here.. Not in a season, obviously. But I've got to tell you, this guy basically added flowers and glitter to the shit we had here with Tanny in his last year in 2012. We got Decker, we got CJ2k (pending on being a bust), whooptie fucking do. We haven't upgraded anywhere... Front 7 D, maybe with the draft picks and Pace... This team sucks... The OL blows. The QB's blow, we don't have any threat at WR. Our DBs fucking suck. Our secondary is suspect, and after today, we can stop and cut the bullshit about this being an "elite defense" or "best run stopping defense" because it's total bullshit. Brandon Oliver? Who the fuck is that? He laughed in our D's face after the day he had..

We're soft. All around. The Cowboys, who yeah have had questions about Romo and their team, won a game today because they have a top receiver who ALWAYS has a chance with coming up with the ball.. A good throw or not. Us? We have a "star" who is hurt. We have a best receiver who is a slot guy. We have Greg Salas (who I like, btw). We have a tough schedule. We won't even go 8-8 this year, guys. We don't have a franchise QB. We don't even have a compitant QB on the roster. We don't have a coherent OC. We have a head coach who was set up to fail.

We're in shambles and John Idzik will once again hide from the media and leave his coaches and team with answers to answer and let them out to dry.

FlaJet, NYJetsO12 and BigDandyCool like this.
  5. N0samples

N0samples Guest

For a second there it sounds like he should consult with experts to make the correct decision. But that's impossible because you just said this:

Instead Woody will hire some dipshit consulting firm and some guy named Jed will tell him to hire another bean counter just like they did with Idzik. It's really pathetic.

6. JetsNation06

And how well did that "expert" advice go last time? You don't need a consulting firm to know who the top available guys are in the pros and college. All Woody would have to do is pick up the phone and call a guy like Polian or any NFL insider and he could get a list of top guys.

Professor, FlaJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

actually wait, one more thing, I'd like to se this thread bumped if they get a prolific FA signing next year. You can sure as hell thank his approach for us getting any high caliber player in a spot of need next year.

We may get the spending we want, just at a sustainable level. Remember that.

8. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Ok but why would you or anyone have thought he was going to "build it like Seattle"? B/c he worked in an administrative position there? He didn't build shit there. One google search on the Seahawks front office revealed who the architects of that team are, and Idzik is not one of the cogs in that wheel. He just wasn't. I've shouted this on this board since the day he was hired. His responsibilities there were more on the business side, the organization side. Pete Carroll made all personnel decisions, and John Schneider made the deals and made it work.

Like the guy or hate him, it's frustrating that SO many people thought he was some major architect of that Seattle team. He wasn't.

FlaJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Well then, that's my fault. So, Fuck this guy...

10. N0samples

N0samples Guest

What difference does it make if Woody asks Bill Polian or hires a specialty firm with a history of good hires? Why is this such a bad thing and how are these things fundamentally different? (Hint: they are not)

11. JetsNation06

So you're saying Idzik was a good hire? Based on what specifically?

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

The overlooked fact is that we ended up with Idzik because nobody better wanted to come here.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. N0samples

N0samples Guest

I said the firm chosen had a history of good hires, what does that have to do with Idzik?

14. JetsNation06

You do realize this thread is about Idzik?

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Lol at this overreaction.

Axel3419 likes this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Darmok meets The Walking Dead: Rick in the Tank. The zombies all around him.

17. N0samples

N0samples Guest

But not this conversation. It's ok though, I've made my point.

18. JetsNation06

Sure you have Barcs, sure you have.

19. bandwagon

bandwagon Active Member

I like that Idzik is building through the draft. But the drafts have been lackluster. The biggest mistake of the Idzik tenure was drafting Geno Smith for "value." You don't pick a QB because he falls to you.

But I'm more down on the coaching. Clock management, game planning, schemes (except on defense), preparation, adjustments have all been miserable.

20. BigDandyCool

BigDandyCool New Member

John Idzik sucks...team was 8-8 not what i call a "rebuilding" team just missing playmakers on offense and became very weak at cornerback after letting cromartie walk which made no sense to me..instead sign Patterson who was injury prone never proved anything in the nfl..could of resigned cro at the same price...couldnt sign rodgers-cromartie or revis which he cud of offered a year wud have no affect on cap for next year...no desean jackson who is a game changer..i do like decker but how do u not go after jackson when ur sitting on 20 mill..cud of had decker jackson revis back u dont think we cud of did something this year?...esp when the pats now not looking the same such a shamee..typical jets

NYJetsO12 likes this.