Fire Joe Douglas 2023-24 Edition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Nov 19, 2023.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

All about humor my man, I was trying to be funny. But I get it.

Borat and ouchy like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Of course I know. Just wanted to add some more color to this. It just seems like Johnsons are close to doing the right thing, but not quite there yet. Even the Gase hire, the idea was correct - to try to get a brilliant offensive mind to call plays as a HC, but execution was absolute piss poor to literally get the guy running the worst offense in NFL the previous year, who looks like a mental patient.

With JD idea also was correct to get someone as GM who worked with top executives (not an accountant like before), though execution had some flaws as described. It's getting warmer though, hence hoping for the best this offseason.

The_Darksider likes this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Worse than the Gase years... Joe Douglas gotta go.
    Aaron Rodgers ain't fixing this...

[​IMG]

4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

It might look different, but with Wilson at QB, the results would be close to the same.

5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

This is why this stiff needs to go...

Joe Douglas, on his first day with the Jets, said “This is a game of wills. And we’re going to try to build a team that can impose their will on other teams and to do that you have to be strong up front, not just on the offensive line but the defensive line.” No one put those words in Joe’s mouth. He said them at his opening news conference the day he was hired.

Joe got a six year guaranteed deal with complete control of the Jets operation. He stated that he had a “sense of urgency” to win right away and to build a team that dominates the line of scrimmage.

All that happened on June 7, 2019, which was 4 1⁄2 years ago.

This is his team and after 4.5 years it should have more wins... clen house pleae.

mezzavo, Borat, Since1969 and 4 others like this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think I already made my quota of shit related humor for the year. But the clock resets in 2 weeks bro!

stinkyB and Borat like this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Spring is just around the corner - the days are getting longer already!

Borat, Since1969 and abyzmul like this.
  8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Ian Rappaport reports "no indication Jets will fire either Robert Saleh or Joe Douglas."

9. abyzmul

They could lose out and both would be safe.

westiedog1 likes this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't believe it. Right now you would not have any indication they would be fired because I don't think even Woody knows what he is going to do yet. But if we lose at home to Washington, if we then get embarrassed on national TV again on Thursday, and then lose for 16th time in a row to Patriots, it will be so embarrassing, I think even Woody will not be dumb enough to keep these clowns. We just have to see how last 3 games play out, I don't think there will be indications until it is all over.

11. abyzmul

Aaron Rodgers is the golden goose, if you think Woody is going to affect that goose's egg laying ability by upsetting it, you are loony.

westiedog1 likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I may be younger than the average TGG poster, but I've been a fan long enough to know the Jets are going to win 2 of the last 3 games. Meaningless end of season wins that screw up draft position and convince Woody that everything's good are the Jets specialty.

Cman68 likes this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just wait for Saleh's pressers! He'll swear on a stack of holy books that the Jets are just a Rodgers full season away from a SB.

NY Jets68, HomeoftheJets and ouchy like this.
  14. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

I get the pessimism- but look at the roster objectively. The o-line is the weakest position - they should have there starters in the interior with AVT, Tippmann and Tomlinson (not crazy about him). Draft a LT with the 1st and sign a RT in FA. We have young depth as backups and returning guys for the interior. The other thing we need to do is sign another strong WR and a solid back up QB.

other than that - and I agree that’s a lot - we’re in really good shape. We’re not that far from being a good team - especially with AR.

I would move on from Salah and hire Monkin - but i know that’s not happening unless we lose to Wash like we did last week.

ouchy likes this.
  15. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

There’s what the Jets SHOULD do in the draft, and then there’s what they WILL do. T is what they desperately needed in the most recent draft and they went pass rusher. They were so desperate to shore up a position that was in no immediate need that they ignored the position they should have been looking at immediately.

As for them not being far from being a good team… even with AR, they still have Nathaniel Hackett. They’re light years away from being a good team

ouchy and Borat like this.
  16. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

I agree offensive coaching is a problem - it becomes less so with AR at QB. I don’t like it - but our success next year and the year after is all on AR - a 40 y/o QB. That said - a bet on a top 10 all time player, albeit past his prime. is a better one than the jets usually have.
    I’m usually looking at the jets with 5 rose colored glasses stacked to see a path forward to competing.

ouchy likes this.
  17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I think this year has proven that they are a long, long ways away from being a good team. Rodgers is a great QB, but he's not (nor is anybody) good enough to take this from a historically bad offense without him to playoff team with him.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That would be too easy. Yes, two wins likely means they stay - Woody would be too dumb to fire them if we end up with 7 wins, even though the season was effectively over in November again. But, what if we lose 2 (my guess) or even all 3 - with this incompetence don't count us out just yet... Is Woody so fully demented now (just dumb won't cover it) as too keep this shit show in spite of these embarrassments? That's the fascinating question, which I hope we will be in position to get an answer to in two weeks.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You are absolutely right. We don't know if Hack and AR can make this a great offense. Sure, it will be better, especially if they address OL and WR, but Hack never called plays for Rodgers - MLF did. Now, I do know that Gase, who sucks, was able to do great with Manning, but Gase is Shanahan or McVey compared to Hack. Hack already made one HOF QB - Russ - look like a scrub. And Rodgers, as much as I liked him a few years back, is on a decline. Now another year older, coming off serious injury. Plus even these 3 passing plays he did play - he looked as bad as other QBs we have. Yes, small sample size, but still ... I am not ready to confidently say that Hack and AR will be great based on the above. And here is one more wrinkle. What if AR get hurt again? I mean it happened before - it can happen again. We will have historically bad play caller for two years in a row call plays for a back-up QB again? It's just so fucking obvious we need to move on, it's not even funny.

ouchy and JetFanInNE like this.
  20. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

As I’m sure you’re aware I was one of the few who didn’t want Rodgers at all, so I emphatically agree with your last sentence. Think about how a “downgrade” at the quarterback position to Carr would have improved the entire team: we wouldn’t have had to hire a terrible offensive coordinator, two wide receivers one of whom is washed up and the other whom the coach dropped hints a month ago that they’re getting rid of first chance they get, and also that damn pick swap! Not to mention the fact that we’d have our second round pick in a draft when we’re likely picking top 5, 7 at worst. This guy is the worst thing to happen to this team