Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

I feel like I'm conversating with the counsel of Dewey Cheatem & Howe lol.

2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

There's a popular misconception ('reported' by the Dolphins team reporter on WFAN on Sunday, and I just saw it on a messageboard) that Martin's parents are both Harvard-educated lawyers.

They both attended Harvard, but his father is a professor in California.

3. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Dolphins coach fined for tripping an official while on the field during game against Steelers

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...teelers-dolphins-coach-on-field-fined-week-14

Hmm...

4. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

5. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Or not.

:lol:

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lmao these text messages are awesome. Martin looks like such a liar now

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Or maybe not

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lmao burn baby burn

9. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

literally laughed out loud at this

said it in the thread about the texts; but they didnt prove anything one way or the other, and with everything else that has come out and incognitos reactions, it makes him look so much worse than just a guy that plays too mean.

10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I still feel the same way. The funny thing is that leave all the commentary between the two the same, and Incognito had quit the team, then the verdict would be reversed. Martin would be the villain simply because the other guy couldn't take it.

I still don't get how somebody is supposed to know where the line is if nobody ever steps up and says "hey, that isn't cool". It is called being assertive, and nobody gets by in this world without learning how to be assertive.

Couple that with the fact that the "player A" has come forward to refute that he was being bullied and I think this is still one of the most overblown sports stories in recent memory.

Call me a homer or whatever you like but I'm not somebody that defends everything related to my team.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Lol the Fins are a shit stained pair of undies for the NFL right now. I love this.

12. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

"Player A" is refuting it because he doesn't want it to destroy his future NFL prospects, which is exactly why Martin never came forward in the first place.

I admit, the texts made it seem like Martin was down with it, but clearly he wasn't. A shine-box? Give me a break Incognito. And with the offensive line coach not only condoning it but taking part in it, it makes the Dolphins organization look like a bunch of ignorant fools. Makes sense why they gave up the most sacks in the league and choked away the season after forming their dream team of free agents. Good luck re-signing Grimes or Clemons or anyone for that matter.

13. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Pretty much. The texts are the best evidence of the relationship between the two guys. The Wells report is a nice CYA piece for Goodell and the league- but Martin has zero chance of every seeing an NFL locker room again.

Incognito we knew was a jerk, but Martin reciprocated. And considering how much they partied together(drugs, hookers etc) the sobbing to his mom story seems a bit silly.