Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

it's ok beach you can hide here you closet jets fan ;)

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Not really. There are 2 different versions of the n word. I explained it a few pages back. If he, Martin and others in the locker room routinely drop the word and the black dudes on the team are defending Incognito, how can you call him a racist? He obviously wasn't using it as a racial slur. The only people claiming racism are those that know dittly squat about hip hop culture and the origin of the word "nigga". Hell even Parcells said in an interview that you can't judge the word without seeing the context of the conversation and also their friendship. He's been around enough locker rooms to know that the word is used all the time.

#522 Barcs, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  3. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Dolphins fan in the off-season: LOL zomg! NO Revis! Rex is a joke! Jets are a clownshow roflmaoooooo!!! Mike Wallace yoo!

I think I'll take a gander over to finheaven right now just for a good laugh.

lol. fuck this faggotty ass pathetic excuse for a franchise.

4. Mitch_Dumstein

Its a filthy place requiring an immediate shower after logoff but not as filthy as patsfags.com or even some jet boards other than TGG that welcome enemy trolls while banning loyal jet fans

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Miami Dolphins had 2 rushing yards last night. 2 (two).

6. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

If we cant run in this guys throat i will be very disapointed

7. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

lol, for many reasons(all of them juvenile)

8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Yes really. This is an employment harassment case. Not an issue of bullying or whether Incognito is a racist. It involves an organization that allowed and encouraged it's employees to overstep the boundaries of workplace conduct set forth in federal law. All it takes to file a lawsuit is some evidence of race-based harassment that led to what Martin perceived as a hostile work environment.

"Hey, wassup, you half nigger piece of shit. I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) shit in your fucking mouth. (I'm going to) slap your fucking mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter). Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

In that text alone (there's apparently a lot evidence), you have a racial slur, and numerous threats to Martin and his family. That's good enough to get the ball rolling in Court, and scare the shit out of the NFL, the Dolphins, and most importantly, their insurance carriers. Workplace harassment results in big money judgments.

Many of the judges, attorneys, lawmakers, HR people, and front office personnel involved in this share my lack of understanding into the nuances of hip hop culture (not really seeing it in that text). You and Parcells can claim context, and the sanctity of the locker room culture all you want, but these are professionals in the workplace and their behavior is subject to federal labor laws. All you are doing is raising defenses that will be brought up by the NFL/Dolphins' attorneys in trial, but it will never get that far. This thing will be settled out of Court for a big chunk of change and there are major changes coming to the Neanderthal culture in NFL locker rooms. Deal with it.

Oh, and this, not a statement, just 'cuz ...

[​IMG]

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I disagree. the team has evidence of participation by Martin in that very behavior. whether it was to the same extent is irrelevant. it is hard to claim you are a victim when play along.

10. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

So he left the team, and his NFL career behind because ...

He claims that he tried to fit in, and that he tried to make it work, but that in the end, he walked away because of the harassment/hostile work environment. Maybe it's true, or maybe he doesn't like football and wants to get paid, or maybe he's just following his lawyer-momma's advice. His motivations don't matter.

It's not going to trial. He's gonna get paid. The Fish and the NFL are in damage control, trying to do whatever they can to lessen their liability. The hip hop locker room culture, Martin's acquiescence to and participation in this behavior, and the remedial steps being taken by the NFL and the Dolphins will be factored in to that final sum.

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Just funny that Ross doesn't want to clean house. It's going to have to happen eventually. The longer you wait, the worse it is.

He says he wants to know all the facts. I'd like to know which version of possible facts could lead to Philbin being in the clear here.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

If that text was so offensive, then why did Martin laugh at it? Why did he send one threatening to kill RI's family? Why are the team mates all defending RI? Why did Martin engage in similar behavior? I don't think they have jack squat as far as evidence to be honest, you can't tell intent apart from a joke in a text message. It's like how folks judged Revis's 4 word twitter message and used it to define him as a person. The bottom line is that a locker room is probably the most UN PC place you could ever be in. It's just how the real world is.

Honestly, the whole thing reeks of set up from the very beginning. I mean, look at it. Bullying has been a buzz word in the past 5 years or so, and it has only increased from then until now. This past year bullying stuff and suicides have been all over the news and each time the issue gets bigger. Goodell would absolutely love to publicly take a stand against bullying. Great for his image and the image of the NFL. The government also loves it because they want to show the public that bullying is wrong and NFL is the perfect medium for that. It's an international market now and one of the biggest sports companies in the world. Until I see otherwise, I'm rolling with that.

13. JetBlue

his motivations absolutely matter because if he willingly deceived the organization into believing he wasn't being harrassed and enjoyed the locker room banter by participating in it, it is hard to claim you are a victim of it and the organization was negligent in protecting you. leaving the team after creating that deception doesn't make him a victim. his accusation is dependent on him, the accuser, being able to prove that the organization endorsed and/or participated in hostile behavior that created a hostile work environment for him.

the problem is, by participating in the behavior himself, he either is admitting it wasn't hostile to him or that he deceived the organization into believing the behavior wasn't hostile to him, and thus there was nothing they needed to protect him from. claiming after the fact that his participation wasn't genuine and was merely an attempt to fit in doesn't absolve him of the deception that behavior created. he made a choice that fitting in was more important than his rights. he doesn't get a free pass for that.

now, if he informed the organization of harassment and they ignored it, then the clock is ticking on their negligence to prevent a hostile work place.

and I don't think the NFL is going to just roll over on this. they fought tooth and nail against something far more tangible -- physical injuries. You think they are going to just allow the Dolphins to settle any accusation that the typical locker room behavior is actually illegal. you know how many lawsuits that would open them up for from former players or even players that were given try outs but cut?

the league may change going forward, but they aren't going to just start handing out checks for behavior that is likely quite regular in the league.

14. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lmao this team is the worst. I gave up after the Bills loss. They gave me hope the first half against the Pats only to let me down again. Gave me hope against the Bengals, and now this.

I won't be fooled again unless we win the next 3 vs SD, Carolina and you guys. And the way your d-line is and our o-line is it looks like we're gonna get thrashed.

15. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

17. JetBlue

It isn't bullshit at all. It reflects the relationship the two had. What is Martin doing sending joke memes if they weren't friends and joking with one another?

And if they are friends by Martin's own actions how the hell can you attempt to claim incognito's messages were bullying and not just how he jokes? You can't apply a different intent to martin's actions and not incognito or you are being a hypocrite. Martin sending the meme validates incognitos claims of their relationship.

18. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

You still don't get it. http://books.google.com/books?hl=en...AA#v=onepage&q=psychology of bullying&f=false among other sources will help you understand that you're wrong and presenting an over-simplistic argument that ignores the psychology behind the incident/issue.

Someone doesn't understand psychology.

So then women who don't resist pressure to engage in sexual conduct that amounts to rape validate the act itself? Does that mean I can stick my genitalia in anyone that doesn't explicitly tell me "no"? Great point.

#538 VanderbiltJets, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  19. VanderbiltJets

If you explain why the hostages in the 1973 Norrmalmstorg robbery acted the way they did then I'll answer your question (tried to find a different source but Wikipedia was the only summary I could find):

That and you're ignoring that laughter is associated with different types of emotions (for example, nervousness).

So if the two "types" are "nigga" and "half-nigger", then what's the argument? One is blatantly racist whereas the other has racial overtones.

As for the "Parcells said... context of the conversation", isn't that why they posted the entire transcript of the voicemail?
    There you have it. Context. What happened before/after the voicemail is irrelevant here. Incognito used the n-word and, both in and out of context, it's racist as f***.

#539 VanderbiltJets, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  20. VanderbiltJets

For some reason no one has yet to mention that a meme is another clear sign of Martin's passive/passive aggressive personality that wasn't congruent with the lockerroom. Instead of directly texting Incognito he wrote a meme that was essentially purposed to do the same thing except it didn't require confrontation.