Final Mock Draft from Pan-Am Football

Discussion in 'Draft' started by MaximusD163, Apr 29, 2021.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

This is the 2 Round Mock Draft Special from my channel for anyone who wants to blast through one more mock before we kick off the real draft!

If anyone checks it out let me know what you think

Brook! likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but as you might suspect, I HATE your pick for the Jets at #23, especially with Vera-Tucker still on the board. DE is not a need, he's one concussion away from retiring, and I heard that there are some off-field concerns. The latter might be smoke, but I think it would be insane to take a DE there. You don't draft a rookie QB and then your next pick be DL. That's the same crap that Mac did. Have you learned nothing from his mistakes? The pick HAS to be offense, either OL, WR or even RB. The only exception should be CB if all the top OL and WRs are gone there. I wouldn't take as RB there, but that would be a better choice than DE. Aside from S or DT, DE is the worst possible pick you could make.

I like you and think you're a knowledgeable, smart guy, but don't understand this pick at all. IMO it's simply awful.

3. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

If Phillips is there, you take him. He's an athletic freak, same with Rousseu, but I prefer Phillips. Absolutely a huge need in this defensive scheme.

MaximusD163 likes this.
  4. major33

I am taking either Phillips or Koramoah at 23. Since Koramoah is a hybrid LB, I prefer him but would be ecstatic with Phillips. Nobody is stopping him. Same with Rousseu. U. Miami D the past 2 seasons have been incredibly talented.

5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Absolutely need a pass rushed for Saleh scheme. Lots of them! Not a fan of Phillips though, I’d take Rousseau

LAJet likes this.
  6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Ha, yes I expected that

7. major33

There is no way you can say you're not a fan of Phillips. Ha? Have you ever watched him play? He's relentless. A terror who is always in pursuit. He will most likely go before Rousseau who is also a terror on defense.

8. Rockinz

It’s the injury history that scares me

9. major33

Well, you could say the same about Zach Wilson & I love him and it seems like you do too. It's football, nothing you can do about injuries. He may never get injured again, or he could tear his knee on day 1. Rousseau is the one with more injury concerns. He is a beast though, I'll give you that. I think both players will be great if they can stay healthy. The players are a bit different since Rousseau you could say is better at pass-rushing, but Phillips is relentless as he will not only go after the QB he will continue the play and chase down whoever has the ball. Both are athletic freaks so I wouldn't have a problem with your pick since both provide what we need.

10. Rockinz

Believe me I’m worried about Wilson too..

Good luck running out wide with Rousseau on the field the guy is so long and fast for his size. The best first step out of all the pass rushers. Phillips has a high motor and is strong as can be for a DE.

major33 likes this.
  11. major33

There is some kind of issue with Rousseau that I know poses some concerns for teams. I think it's off-the-field stuff because on the radio down here in south Florida they keep talking about it. The U. Miami fans LOVE Phillips. I think they are a bit different in skill set so it all depends on scheme fit if you're just evaluating them based on play. Off the field maybe there are some concerns we don't know about that will determine where they go in the draft. You never know since these teams test you on everything. It's crazy.