Final Fantasy XIII

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Burnz, Mar 11, 2010.

?

Best FF all time

1. Final Fantasy(OTHER)

7.1%
  2. Final Fantasy VI

10.7%
  3. Final Fantasy VII

46.4%
  4. Final Fantasy VIII

17.9%
  5. Final Fantasy IV

3.6%
  6. Final Fantasy X

10.7%
  7. Final Fantasy XII

3.6%
  1. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

my problem with the story is that it never gets that explained in depth enough. they kind of just through you in the middle of a story and never really explain it exactly. i found myself getting lost a little bit. they have a log you can read but its so damn long who wants to waste time reading when you can be playing.

stopped playing a couple weeks ago bc i got busy but started again today. it is still a game that i enjoy playing

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

FF 7 is so many peoples favorite because it was the first many played. I think 6 is better than 7. 7 seems to graphics change of 6. I thought 8 was lacking. 9 is fun and definitely a little different than the previous games in that generation. 10 i couldn't into. I played 11 and it is captivating at all and its expensive. 12 was one of the best. Its different and exciting. I kinda wanna play the internation job version of 12. I like this one.

The characters seem more genuine than most previous characters. Im glad Lightning isn't an emo like Cloud. The battle system rocks. Although I'm not saying its the best, Its definitely worth the money. I think people get turned off because it the game babies you through the first part of it, but once the kid gloves come off, the difficulty picks up drastically and it becomes more challenging. The story is great. It starts slow then picks up. There are plenty of plot twists and turns. Every FF has a theme and this one definitely gets the theme through in a very clever way.

My take is give it a try. Stick with it and it won't disappoint you. The

3. lightning

lightning Active Member

It'll be my next rental and we should have an official opinion soon

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Ya I'm stuck on the Chap 11 boss in oerba fucking ridiculous... I keep dieing ... This game dissappoints me by its Linear game play(Go straight) and dont forget the Watch the battle battle system.... Game really LACKS gameplay

5. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i just into chapter 11 and according to walkthrough book i should be getting my ass kicked by everything but since i did some farming for cp im a little more advanced with my guys. maybe you should back track and do some farming yourself

6. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

Just dont fight the giant elephant things, by time you max out your crystarium everything shouldn't be a big issue, oh there is a cactus thing that runs around if he grows during your battle he is pretty much a huge pain in the fucking ass. There is an area on the map where a behemoth is fighting one of the giant tiger things, you get a preemptive strike on them everytime and take out the behemoth first and you'll be getting 6600 cp for each battle, they keep respawning so its good for grinding.

7. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Like I said the game isn't bad but if you go into it expecting anything near the level of a Bioware story you're really going to hate it.

Maybe I'm just a cynical bastard and the older games benefit from nostalgia but they just don't seem to be able to create likable characters anymore. Lightning is the only main character I didn't wish dead every time their voice acting started up. 4 and 6 had such great casts of characters, those little sprite animations conveyed more emotions than all the pretty cut scenes of the later games put together.

Lost Odyssey is the only newer RPG that's even been able to come close to the glory days of the great SNES RPGs.

8. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Comparing it to a bioware game is a tad over the top, because Bioware is probably one of THE best story telling game developers of all time. I mean honestly, it pretty much never gets better then Bioware.

I think the story in FF13 is great, as has been mentioned, they toss you right into the middle of the story, but as the game progresses, you get tons of character development as it gains steam toward the end.

If you're having trouble with the last boss in Oerba, what you want to do is go with Fang, Lightning, and Hope. At the Start, you'll want Lightning healing, Hope buffing with Synergist stuff, and Fang debuffing (He does infact take debuffs). Then Switch Fang to Commando, Lightning to Ravager, Hope to healing, As soon as he hits the chain limit, switch Lightning to Commando, keep the other two the same. The dual commando will deal the most damage for you, while Hope keeps healing the near constant damage.

When he goes to do that one move where he charges up, then hits you for a ton of damage, when he rears up and the move name appears on screen, immediately switch to Lightning-Heal Fang-Sentinel Hope-Heal. The group will take considerably less damage, and will be healed very quickly to full, and then switch back to the SYN-SAB-MED combo to reapply buffs. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

9. lightning

lightning Active Member

That's an FF game for ya. I'd be disappointed if it were any different.