Final Fantasy XIII

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Burnz, Mar 11, 2010.

?

Best FF all time

1. Final Fantasy(OTHER)

7.1%
  2. Final Fantasy VI

10.7%
  3. Final Fantasy VII

46.4%
  4. Final Fantasy VIII

17.9%
  5. Final Fantasy IV

3.6%
  6. Final Fantasy X

10.7%
  7. Final Fantasy XII

3.6%
  1. Ten

Ten Active Member

Only played VIII and X.Both great fun.I prefered VIII though,it was more fun to explore the world of VIII.

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Can't argue with any FF after 7, they all have their merits and are good in their own way.

7 was ground breaking, but is kind of weird when going backwards to block graphics and the materia concept, but if the biggest negative is graphics how ahead of its time was this game?

8 was inventive, but the magic junctioning system made magic useless, probably my least favorite of the 'modern' final fantasy games

9 has a great story, and i can't really even argue much this one, I love 9 in its entirety, but I can see why people wouldnt enjoy it as much. Garnet/dagger is like the definition of useless and annoying

10 has a different battle system that could irk some people, but to me, its the best of the bunch to date, sphere grid was fantastic way to level up

10-2 was junk in comparison to 10, but I did enjoy the dress sphere concept, just piss poor story execution in my opinion, and the completion percentage thing is just a disgrace to FF fans

11 never played, stupid pc online MMORPG thing

12 not horrible, but nothing special definately needed improvements to the battle system, gambits made the battles feel like you didnt actually need to be there to fight, which of course you didnt if you had everything good to go. really enjoyed the license board, but needing a license to use a weapon is annoying

13 thus far its a great and addicting game, like the idea of the dress sphere role changing thing coming back into play with paradigm shift, and they improved on the license board, by going to something similar to the sphere grid, but still not as good. The fact that the crystarium expands at the exact moment you were about to max yourself out is incredibly useful and forces you to stay very well rounded. but the game is really linear for like 15-20 hours before you gain the ability to do some exploration.

can't really complain about any of the FF games, i love them all in their own way...

3. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

cant wait for final fantasy versus 13 to come for ps3. that looks good

4. lightning

lightning Active Member

FFVII is prob the best, but i voted for X. X was my favorite because the main character finally wasn't a total badass. I thought he was flawed, he was a crybaby and he was just different...which made the game great.

The worst part about FFX was that Yuna wasn't real....absolutely had a thing for that chick, every since she walked on water and danced around like that. :lol:

5. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

yeah titus was a big pussy. but like you said it was nice him not being a badass. you could feel for him a little more. not sure about yuna but riku was pretty hot for a video game girl :rofl:

6. lightning

lightning Active Member

I thought so too, but i think she was supposed to be like 15 in that game...not sure though :lol:

7. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

whats scary is that one chick in 13 is pretty hot but i think she is like 15

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Haha.

9. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

is it sad that we find video game chicks hot. jezzz im going to go have sex with a REAL woman right now lol

10. lightning

lightning Active Member

be careful, i lost the other one cuz i called her yuna during sex

11. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Is it wrong to think that you're a big FFXIII by having the same name as the lead character.

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

So what's the verdict on this game? I'm a big fan of FFII FFIII FFVII and FFX, so how would you compare it to the others?

13. lightning

lightning Active Member

same name as me?

14. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

15. lightning

lightning Active Member

16. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

It's not her real name, She changed it. Play the effin game :p

and Tommy, it's an excellent game with a solid story. Not the best FF, but worth the money for sure.

17. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I thought the story was nonsense but the gameplay is enjoyable especially once they stop holding your hand through the battles.

I don't know if it's just nostalgia that makes the old SNES games so awesome but I could play those games over and over and not hate the majority of the characters.

18. lightning

lightning Active Member

Considering i'm more about the stories than anything, i prob wouldnt enjoy this that much if what you say is true. I'm a huge story guy, love all the bioware games. Nothing really compared to the first KOTOR though imo.

19. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Imo, You have to play it, before you can make a real decision about whether you like the story or not.

20. Jam.

Jam. Banned

I'm 16 hours in...In the beginning the story was really strange and confusing, but once it starts picking up and you get a little bit more of the back story it gets MUCH better. Right now there is some really nice character development going on that you don't usually see in video games. The story is top-notch, imo.