Final Fantasy XIII

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Burnz, Mar 11, 2010.

?

Best FF all time

1. Final Fantasy(OTHER)

7.1%
  2. Final Fantasy VI

10.7%
  3. Final Fantasy VII

46.4%
  4. Final Fantasy VIII

17.9%
  5. Final Fantasy IV

3.6%
  6. Final Fantasy X

10.7%
  7. Final Fantasy XII

3.6%
  1. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Anyone tried it yet? How did it fare? Let me just say i've been playing the series for years Since FF VII and this game is great. Simple Battle system with a detailed/long and very confusing story line. Great characters and the graphics are awesome ... Just saying FF VIII was the best:finssuck:

2. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

For me, It's really a toss up between the original #3, 7, and 8... Their all awesome, awesome games with awesome storylines..

13 is really good, from what I've played so far, they do an EXCELLENT job with storytelling (Character depth included in flashbacks)... The battle system, to me, seemed crap when i was reading about it, but it really impressed me once i got to play it (as mentioned in the other thread)

3. shaiydyjet

shaiydyjet New Member

I'm liking it so far. For me it's a tossup between IV (2 here in the states) and VII.

4. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I've never actually played any of them, but when I was a kid I used to watch my brother play and just follow the story. I always liked FF VI and VII the best of the group. I'm anxious to see any people jump on the XI bandwagon though.

5. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

not only is x my favorite final fantasy game but it is one of my all time favorites. the story i think was great and you bought into it(as far as final fantasy games go) and i am one of the few ppl who liked the battle system with the how it set it up in turns. and i think the sphere grid is one of the best systems for leveling up in a game iv ever played

6. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Voted FF VII but FFX is my favorite... VII is just better.

7. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

FF III (here in the states for SNES) is my favorite. It completely changed the way I thought video games were supposed to be.
    Ever since then I have been hooked on FF and RPG's.
    I didnt play XI but have loved the rest (VII, VIII, IX, X & XII)

8. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Just got FF13... its awesome so far.

9. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

My favorite is VIII. Great game, great story, great battle system.

Oh and XIII is great so far, i really love the battle system

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Voted for FFX. I played some of the others, but I didn't have the patience to see them thru. But FFX came out when the PS2 came out and it had all those amazing cinematic cut-scenes, so it grabbed me from the get-go and finished it. So, I dunno if it's was more the game itself or the fact that it was in a newer console, but for me, they both came together at just the perfect time.

11. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

FFVII is by far my favorite, ever since it came out I think I've played and beat it again every 2-3 year. FFIX comes in second for me, followed by FFVIII, FFX. I haven't beaten FFXIII yet but I'm pretty far in (Ch.11). FFXI and FFXII should be removed from the sequence and be given FF spin off names.

12. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

I just beat FFVII again like 2 months and started up FFVI through an emulator/rom. I just can't let these classics die I play them once every year or 2 lol. FFVII has the best lead character and villian but slightly overrated. The ending was a bit disappointing. Overall I think FFVI is the best. Kefka is da man he reminds me of the Joker from Batman, cracking jokes while being a psychopath who gets off on destruction. I mean the guy literally destroyed the entire planet lol The storyline in my opinion was the best. I'm hoping they remake FFVI and FFVII, it's well deserved and long overdue.

I think FFIX is very underrated and, in my opinion, better then FFVIII. Characters are very good and I like the storyline its a bit more traditional. I'm not a fan of the FFVIII battle system. Like the creativity but hate that magic is almost useless(especially the best ones) because you have to equip them to improve yourself. Every time you use magic it subtracts one from your stock and weakens your character stats. And since GFs don't use MP why use magic when you can summon for free? Could of been better.

#12 ShAuN JoHN 9294, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  13. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Because Ultimicea after phase 2 instant kills them if you want to try and summon for the most part lol

Loved FF8, one of my favorites. I wasn't impressed with FFIX's story, but I did enjoy the combat system.

14. Mr Potato Fro

Mr Potato Fro New Member

FF7 was obviously groundbreaking and needs to be #1. Plus i think it has great replayability. FF10 is a close second for me. If you want to die a slow and painful death from retardation, pick up FF10-2 or FF11. FF11 was the WORST FF game i have ever laid eyes on. I would rather play DR Mario for 12 hours straight than touch FF11 for 10 minutes.

Lead characters aside. Auron was like the coolest video game character ever. He basicially told death "fuck you, i got shit to do right now".

15. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Hahaha, pretty much.

I've played FFX 3 times and just as recent as last summer I went out and got FFX-2 from ExB. Played FFX one more time just so I could keep the storyline going, and when I went to play FFX-2, my console was unable to read the disc so I never really got a chance to play it. And maybe for good reason. Was it really that bad?

16. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ahh yess she was one tough bitch probably the hardest final boss of any FF. That fight is the only time I really use magic bc what am I gonna save them for? its the end lol

17. ShAuN JoHN 9294

it was a fuckin disgrace. Honestly I don't even include those games in the FF series. Those FF spin off games are even worse then the TV show "Joey", the failing spin off from Friends that lasted like 7 episodes. I mean they really are THAT bad lol

18. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Whoa, whoa. Are you talking about FFX AND FFX2 BOTH being a fucking disgrace? Or just FFX2? I'll accept FFX2 being shitty, but FFX? That game was pretty awesome.

19. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

FF7 is the only reason I bought another console after switching to PC games in the mid 90s. I was addicted to that game. Addicted. I did everything you could possibly do. Anyone remember that stupid roller coaster ride where you had to shoot a bunch of crap to get the one chic's special weapon, only to have her die like 1 act later. Easily the biggest pain in the ass weapon to get, pretty much for nothing.

The Weapon battles were simply epic.

[​IMG]

20. ShAuN JoHN 9294

Nah FFX was a deff awesome. I meant FFX-2, the one with the girls leading the charge, is unplayable.

[​IMG]

Just like this show is unwatchable. Same way you ask yourself where is Cloud, Auron and everybody else. You start to watch this show and say to yourself where is Rachel, Monica, Chandler and even that stalker bitch with her irritating laugh lol