Final 3 Round Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WoodyHarrelson, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

Douglas better be on the phones seeing how far Bector may slide! If we can trade back a few picks and get more draft capital wow, dream.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Just google it. The info came out this past weekend. He was top 5 a month ago and now he might be available to the Jets. But they should pass. They never said what he failed just something dirty in his piss. But he also won't be suspended.

K'OB likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He tested for marijuana.

K'OB likes this.
  5. K'OB

What a fucking shocker.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly. That's why I don't think it will cause him to drop much, if any.

7. K'OB

Without wanting another 20-page argument on the merits or not of pot-smoking, people know how I feel about pro sports guys doing it and he is out for me.

Linebacker712 likes this.
  8. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't care about anybody smoking weed. But the fact of the matter is, if he smokes it and he's trying to become a pro athlete where they are going to test him for it, he is a dumb shit. He clearly lacks good judgement.

Plus, I think he's just too damn big. It's going to be a health problem at some point, and his knees are already suspect. If he's all that's left at 11, I'd pass and go with Lamb or Jeudy.

themorey and K'OB like this.
  9. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

1 for 1 so bumping this!

really hope Tee slides to us. All depends on what WR the colts take. If he’s gone, I’d go Pittman next or hold off for a guy like Van Jefferson or Lynn Bowden type guys later in the draft.

10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Nice job! I'm with you, I really hope one of Higgins, Pittman, Mims, or Claypool falls to us. Getting our future LT and WR1 out of the first 2 rounds would be amazing.

11. WoodyHarrelson

Higgins is no WR1. He’s a good player, nice player, but will be limited by lack of Top end speed. Still, he’s a nice compliment to Crowder and our other weapons. If we can pair a true 1 across from him next year (Jamarr Chase) he should flourish. Fingers crossed, he’s a player.

12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Michael Thomas ran a 4.57 at the combine, A.J. Green ran a 4.5, DeAndre Hopkins ran a 4.57, Mike Evans ran a 4.53, Keenan Allen ran a 4.75, Davante Adams ran a 4.56.

Tee Higgins ran a 4.54.

Now, I'm obviously not saying Higgins will be as good as any of the guys I just listed but to say his speed is what is holding him back from being a WR1 in the NFL is incorrect IMO. There are things he'll have to improve upon in order to reach that upper tier of WR's though, mainly his route tree and route running but I think he has the potential to be a WR1.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Something tells me we're not gonna pick high enough to get Chase. He's a top 5 pick next year IMO and we'll be in the 10-15 range.

14. WoodyHarrelson

I agree with you but Nuke is a freak. Quick twitch and best route runner I’ve seen. Same with Thomas.

All I was saying was if we get Higgins, don’t expect him to be Julio Jones. I do hope we get him though as his ceiling is much higher than Pittman, Claypool and that Colorado kid. He’s proven it agains the best competition too. He was the main target for Trevor Lawrence for two years.

15. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I agree, that's why I wanted to make it clear I'm not saying Higgins will be at the level of any of those guys I listed.

I do think he has plenty of speed to become a true WR1 though. It will just depend on how well he develops the other areas of his game that need some work on whether or not he reaches that ceiling.

16. WoodyHarrelson

But with all of that being said. I will have that let down moment and shame if I hear Tee Higgins-Bears or Tee Higgins-Colts. Really hope we get him. A proven WR on a national title team. I am not high on that Colorado kid whatsoever.

My WR big board for round 2 is:
    -Higgins
    -Mims
    -Pittman if we're desperate for WR.

mrjet80 likes this.
  17. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'm with you. I really hope at 48 we get one of Mims, Higgins, Pittman, or Claypool. I like all of them to be really solid WR's in the NFL.

18. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Cushenberry is great, but I prefer Robert Hunt, OT/OG, Louisiana-Lafayette. He's a punisher. I'd love to see him as a Guard on the same line as Becton for a long time.