Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

Once again, BicketyBam delivers in the clutch. Game. Set. Match. Bickety. :):):););)

2. get lost

The Waterboy likes this.
  3. All the more reason to keep bitching then.Just to spite you & your buddies.

round & round we go.Game on

legler82 likes this.
  4. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

you are not only being petty, Kurt, but immature to boot. Come on man, you are better than that. Bickety has already won this round. Just move on, dude. Just move on.

matt robinson 17 and Noam like this.
  5. Just admit Zach Wilson isnt an elite Quarterback prospect & is pureky boom or bust

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah that's literally the point, this whole thing was in response to:
    My point is Wilson seeing what he can get away with at the next level is what Mahomes was doing while he was on the Chiefs but before he became the starter.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Unless Wilson is a Peyton level prospect he won't get away with throwing a lot of int's in games with the Jets early. That's why he basically has to be on the bench his first season. Setting a new record for rookie int's the way Peyton did would sour the fan base so much Wilson and the Jets would be in damage control immediately and in this back page environment that's a bad place to be.

RochesterJet likes this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So after paying Sam his 5th-year option you think they are then going to select a QB this year and not some talent to help him actually succeed?

That would be strange move imo

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

For a guy bitching about gif's that is quite the inflammatory comment tbh.

[​IMG]

When in reality both camps have been doing exactly the same thing for weeks and weeks.

If we do select Wilson and he crashes there are going to be some quiet posters in the future, just to clarify I won't be getting my choice as that option has already sailed on by, I was a trade back for more picks and grab Lance late as possible but his stock rose and then 49ers did that trade and it was all over.

#1730 K'OB, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    RochesterJet and legler82 like this.
  11. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Wilson is a good QB prospect and if the Jets believe he is the answer then they are 100% making the right call staying at #2 and drafting him.If they liked Lance I would also advocate drafting him 2nd overall. No need to get cute.

What I did learn from the Darnold era is that it’s fine to remain skeptical. The odds of any QB the Jets drafting becoming the 15 year franchise QB fans envision is extremely low. Even guys like Wentz and Goff who actually turned in some great seasons early in their career couldn’t make it past 5 years with the team that drafted them.

ColoradoContrails, Noam and K'OB like this.
  12. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Are you 5 years old?

matt robinson 17 and Noam like this.
  13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I wanted Wilson to sit just like Mahomes, Rodgers and Favre did.. but we’re going to go the way of Peyton and Aikman so prepare yourself for some ugly games. He needs to get up to speed in practice I must of said this dozens of times. The talent and skills are there it’s the speed he will need time to adjust too.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If I have learned anything in watching football media it is listen to whatever Colin Cowherd said and then do the opposite. So, I am very happy to say that Cowherd is already calling Wilson a bust. This must mean many pro bowls and possible HoF.

Nice podcast here with a BYU Insider how Zach Wilson's work ethic lifted the level of play of the entire BYU team, talk about ZW's shoulder injury, level of compettition and more.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/04/21/why-zach-wilson-is-ready-for-the-new-york-jets-spotlight-podcast/

#1734 Noam, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Internet self proclaimed victories are the best aren’t they?

[​IMG]

16. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

This draft doesn't have a Mahomes. It also doesn't have a Haskins or Rosen in the top QBs.

I personally like Wilson and Lance the best but Fields and Lawrence can play too.

Even Mac Jones could have success in the right situation.

Boring QB draft in that sense. Lots of good at the top.

Losmeister, NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You've also added pretty much nothing to the football discussion in between your trolling for the past twenty pages. So it's hard to take posts like this seriously when you're literally just acting as a troll in this thread and that's about it.

bicketybam likes this.
  18. No im gone.

I seriously hate this fan base.Hate. Absolute fucking hate.

i hate where the team is going,i hate the idiotic opinions,i hate the sheep mentality..theres seriously nothing here for me.Nothing.

So you guys go ahead & mock me,pile on call me 5 etc. i dont give a fuck. You have your little celebration for your artifical hero. I refuse to be apart of it.

Cause i wont root for the same team as anyone of you anymore. At least not publicly.Its hatred. Please understand that.Hatred.

Ashamed to have rooted for the same team as most of you. Assholes can have their little victory..cause the sad ass wilson crowd is gonna need a victory where this thing is going. You guys Enjoy!

Good fucking riddance

#1738 KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2021
  19. legler82

20. legler82

The article is from AFTER he sat for a whole year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.