Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There are a handful of others..But im just a hypocrite so keep that in mind

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Whose complaining? He’s not a fucking Jet yet. In any other year any potential prospect we were interested in wearing our arch rivals gear would at the very least make us as Jets fans laugh in unison at the irony. Even that is too much “criticism” for our precious Wilson. WTF

#1522 legler82, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    K'OB likes this.
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You've said a lot In the past. You've been wrong a lot too. It's not hard to read In the past when you weren't actually going to bat for Allen. You weren't screaming for a trade back to get Jackson.

You were all In on Darnold and Rosen.

Stop fluffing your ego.

There's a reason I'm not on this board bragging about my past predictions. It's not because I was mostly wrong. It's because I'm extremely sure In the film I watch and the studying I do leading up to draft day.

I don't need that false sense of security from others because I'm secure with how I feel.

I'm confident you haven't watched very much of Fields. I'm confident you've watched highlights on both players and concluded your opinion around that. If that.

That's just an opinion of course.

Anyway. Not attacking you but this kind of self hype Is annoying to me. Especially when it's not even entirely accurate.

abyzmul likes this.
  4. Since it was brought up i soncerely hope the Jets do solely focus on OL & ignore WR/skill yet again.Please by all means.He only made those supposed amazing throws w 4-5 seconds of clean pocket at a clip..so sure..makes sense to me

What better way to expose a non elite QB being thrust into shoes he cant fill than w lack of help around him forcing him to make plays on his own.And what more definitive instance of continued Jets rinse & repeat.

CANT WAIT

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Not when the same people are arguing Fields as the better pick versus Wilson because of Wilson many red flags then point to JD and shit on the leadership for going with the "safe pick" in Wilson. That makes zero sense. If Fields is better then Fields is the clear safer pick. In what world after all the vitriol on Wilson's shortcomings is now the safe pick. Utter nonsense.

#1525 LAJet, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Now that everybody I wanted to give a message to chimed in, I will soon merge this with the main Fields, Wilson thread :)

7. legler82

[​IMG]

8. Is it really that hard to grasp?Seriously.

Its a short vs long term thing all day everyday.

QBs w perceived refined skill are often thought of as safe bc they can start early & dont need quite as much primal coaching.

Wilson is the most ready to play early.Its doubtful his red flags rear their head year one.This is perceived as safe & quite frankly likely the root of this entire affinity.

Also his style of play at next level.Itll be a quick passing short to intermediate attack.Again safe.

Long term is where the risk drastically increases.This is where those red flags resurface.Simultaneously does he have the physical upside long term to be an elite QB where PERHAPS if he is injury prone or a me first guy it can be offset by his on field performance? For many of us the answer is no.

The draft is a long term business.

9. legler82

Your logic is nonsensical to me. Just because some may feel Wilson has many red flags that doesn’t mean JD does. In fact, if JD picks Wilson at 2, I t’s safe to assume he believes the contrary. JD may believe Wilson is as clean as they come or cleaner than the other options available, making him the safer pick. What am I missing?

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  10. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

good call

@GasedAndConfused, this you "supporting" allen?

IIMeanDeanII, Jonathan_Vilma and K'OB like this.
  11. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

12. legler82

Not for everyone. Hence why NFL FOs tend to lean more towards the more refined and perceived “pro ready” a.k.a. safer choice. Remember what Jerry Granville said the NFL stood for, Not For Long. Developmenting upside is generally left for those with cache and/or job security. I would have thought that would be us this year since our FO/CS have the benefit of being relatively new.

13. legler82

@GasedAndConfused, this you "supporting" allen?[/QUOTE]
    That’s ball placement.

14. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

im team fields, but this is def a red flag

15. legler82

This explains everything. Now all this makes sense. Thanks for posting.

Snatch Catch likes this.
  16. legler82

[​IMG]

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Add that as a red flag/medical issue for Fields. Yikes.

18. legler82

This is probably the real reason why insiders have been hearing that Fields slipping on draft boards. The internet talking heads just hear that he’s the 4th-5th QB on some boards, then start reverse engineering the justification based on the “tape” (air quotes). I’m sure sure teams would not allow such sensitive medical information to get out without Fields’ permission.

19. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

If they didn't clear this with Fields, that's pretty f*cked up.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ohio-state...confirmed-to-nfl-teams-he-s-managing-epilepsy

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The search bar is an incriminating tool at times :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.