Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

he does have a slight hitch in it though, legler, u have to admit that.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

He has a tendency to hitch unnecessarily after reaching the top of his drop with regards to his footwork. That combined with his already elongated throwing motion and slow drops can cause his passes to be late. The deliberateness of his throwing motion is almost like he has a natural tell of where the ball is going but I think he has the arm strength and accuracy to overcome it. The slow drops and over hitching are the easiest of easy fixes. Outside of the over hitching in his footwork, I don’t see a hitch in his throwing motion. It’s just long a la Russell Wilson.

patleahy likes this.
  3. patleahy

Solid analysis.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

And I your opinion. Yes, tonight should be fun.

5. legler82

Kerry Collins had an elongated throwing motion too. He was a middling QB who played in the league for a long time. His throwing motion is not what made him average or trash (depending on your perspective).

patleahy likes this.
  6. patleahy

You raise valid points, Legler....all things being equal, I am just more of a fan of a QB with a quicker release/shorter throwing motion. I was never a big Marino guy, bit I did love the way he got rid of the football.

7. legler82

That’s what it is IMO, a preference. All things being equal I too would prefer a quicker release versus the alternative. However, it’s just not a huge separator FOR ME. For example, I wouldn’t pick Jimmy Garoppolo over Russell Wilson because the former has a super quick compact release. The latter just brings more to the table for me.

CotcheryFan and patleahy like this.
  8. patleahy

I understand what you are saying, Legler.

9. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Maziel which i already provided scouting reports way back had similar reports of Wilson’s quick release, solid arm strength etc. I guess my point quick release is NOT ultimate requirement for a successful QB.

if Wilson s the guy so be it. I ll root for him to succeed.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

manziel is a bad example because 1 his arm was below average and 2 he was a drug addict asshole

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Big question: What are we going to talk about after tonight? This thread (3 Volumes of it actually) has been where all the action has been the past 5 months. It's been mostly fun discussing all of the QB's with you guys. I feel like I have learned a lot about the players and also how people view the position of QB in different ways.

12. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

did you read the reports on him I attached from some scouting reports? I already show it a while back. Accurate arm, quick release, can throw down field, cocky... what separates him is yeah he s an asshole but also he was shorter than Wilson.

legler82 likes this.
  13. patleahy

Well-said DarkKnight. I feel the same exact way. It has been a pleasure AND quite informative, listening to guys like NC, ColoradoContrails, REVISIon, Legler, MeanDean, GAC, et. al. break down the film and analyze these qb's, while providing all of us with their unique insight and perspective. :) Honestly, one of the reasons why I love TGG so much. High quality content from the posters, as opposed to other teams message boards, which are just full of trolls, alts and no nothing casual/fairweather fans. Lots of good, knowledgeable, old-school Jets fans on this board.

#3273 patleahy, Apr 29, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  14. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Hey dudes. Is there a thread anywhere where people are putting draft day rumors? Thanks.

15. legler82

We patiently wait for Wilson to transform into the Marino, Mahomes, Rodgers hybrid he’s been projected as.

16. patleahy

there's that cheeky sense of humour we have all come to appreciate over the course of the past few months, haha! ;):eek::D

legler82 likes this.
  17. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I really think it's tough to compare Wilson to Manziel. Manziel was a legitimate cocaine addict starting in college. He was always a guy who liked the fame/money aspects of being a QB more than the playing football aspect.

Both Manziel and Wilson are quick scramblers who excelled at throwing on the run. I think that's about where the similarities end, though.

Borat likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

he didn't have a big arm. that's why it says "can throw downfield" he can make some downfield plays but he didn't have a strong arm

19. legler82

Obviously they are not comparing the cocaine part just the similarities on the field. The Mormon Manziel moniker came from somewhere; I’d venture to guess that it has nothing to do with a mutual love for cocaine.

20. GasedAndConfused

we talk about the players we take :)

The Dark Knight and REVISion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.