Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

No one is going to honestly answer that.

2. legler82

I did not praise Jackson. I wasn’t a fan, not for the Jets at least. I rooted for him to prove the “he should be a WR” crowd wrong but preferred some other team do that heavy lifting. I didn’t think we were equipped nor wanted to do what was necessary for him to be successful.

patleahy, CotcheryFan and K'OB like this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

We didn't help him in the slightest, he didn't look like he sucked in training camp bombing passes down the side for Robby, it certainly highlighted Robby up in that camp.

When he stepped in for McCown they barely let him play to his strength of throwing it long, it was dink and dunk and then that game V the Phins when the OL folded and the pair of Phin cunts nearly killed him, that was when it was all over for him, Darnold would have been seeing ghosts for the rest of his life after that incident.

I never said he was an FQB either, just that we fucked him.

Gremlin, JohnnyJet1222 and legler82 like this.
  4. legler82

We fuck every QB. That’s why we have to draft the unfuckable ones. We keep passing on those unfortunately.

K'OB likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

https://www.reddit.com/r/nyjets/com.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

K'OB likes this.
  6. K'OB

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

it's funny how much people will say mahomes lost the SB due to his o-line but then call zach a bust when he had no blocking in the CC game and still had a good game overall. Mahomes in the SB looked like zach against CC. he played well but had no blocking and his receivers didn't help out with dropped balls either. rewatching the CC game this morning the 1st thing I thought of was mahomes in the SB

Rockinz and JohnnyJet1222 like this.
  8. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

Legler points for the honesty, but I was referring to the fact that you believed in his skillset as an NFL prospect when many others declared he would be a bust and that he should be converted to WR or another position, which, as you just admitted, you did not believe and openly disputed, even if you preferred that another team take him on. and for that, you do deserve credit. you were the only one of us who believed in all 3 QBs, and that includes me, bc I was not high on any of them and was only lukewarm toward Allen at best.

legler82 likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

In my alternate reality, we hire Matt LaFleur after the 2018 season, who convinces ownership that Maccagnan isn't doing a good job, and Joe Douglas is convinced to become our GM. Maybe Sam would've developed and we wouldn't be in this situation now. I bet the 2020 draft would've been drastically different.

K'OB and legler82 like this.
  10. K'OB

I haven't watched the game tbh but have read on here that his WR's did him no favours and I believe the refs were also poor.

11. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

You know this is interesting that you and I were just discussing this yesterday. Now that they did trade Teddy, I wonder what Carolina does? It looks like they don't really care about the mentor thing and will go with what you talked about. I'm thinking they may trade back & take one of the lesser QBs in this draft like Trask or Mond. I can see them taking Trask since he reminds me of Darnold, except with a weaker arm and can't run at all. I read today that the Patriots are doing their due diligence on Trask. I don't like him. As I said yesterday, I see his ceiling as the 25th best starting QB. Patriots also looking to trade with Carolina for the 8th pick should Fields be there. Lance could be there too since nobody knows what Atlanta and Detroit are going to do. I don't even think those teams know what they're going to do. Atlanta is a mess. Detroit too. Actually, I can see Lance going to Detroit if Atlanta remains at 4.

12. legler82

For those people that feel fans make too much about level of competition. I was watching this feature with Najee Harris. He said he doesn’t even feel like their recent National Title counts since so many of the teams they played throughout the season were less than 100% playing their 2nd and 3rd string. He said the team we played against in the Championship game [OSU] played on like 7 games. He said want to play the best. Interesting perspective from a player.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

You can watch all of zach's plays in under 14 mins

then you can decide for yourself. For me personally if people think that is a "bad game" then IDK what a good game looks like. zach still played really well. he threw the ball 30 times and had maybe at worst 2-3 bad passes while under pressure the whole game

14. GasedAndConfused

I have a pretty decent theory based on this and the report there is a trade in place with the pats and panthers for draft day.

I think that if a certain QB falls to the panthers, they will take him. let them sit behind sam a year then let sam walk in 2022. If that QB doesn't fall, they trade to NE and get more picks, then pick up sam's option and keep him for 2 seasons then decide if he is their QB or not

15. legler82

Wilson and his camp sound scared of NY. The shit is off putting. Yuck!

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Saw Ryan Clark shit-talked about Zach Wilson...Ryan Clark is just a mouthpiece...Don't take anything from him seriously. Here he is talking about Herbert not being a good QB before the 2020 NFL Draft

NCJetsfan and Borat like this.
  17. legler82

He wasn’t alone.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Still he is a mouth piece, and you know it exactly as well as I do.

19. legler82

Who on TV isn’t?

20. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Ok now, which QB is it? You have Fields and Lance unless SF takes Jones instead. I think 90% SF takes Jones. Can't see them taking a project at 3 with a team ready to win now. The Pats and Panthers might want the same QB at 8. Figure Lance is gone by then and only Fields is left. Does Carolina take him or trade with the Pats? The Patriots have to figure the only QB left at 8 will be Fields. So if the rumors are true and they are talking, you would have to think that the Panthers are looking to trade down unless Lance is there at 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.