Favres a jet!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mean Green, Aug 6, 2008.

1. MK1

MK1 Member

There will be an announcement tomorrow about a Chad trade

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The team wouldn't have been close to a superbowl without Favre. What did Tom Brady do against that defense 2 weeks later? Maybe if they were in the AFC they would have been in the superbowl ...

3. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Saints, Packers, Cowboys, Dolphins, and Giants fans in this thread of love. Kinda makes you misty a little, doesn't it.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The only one he'd be impeding is Clemens. Ainge was going to be 3rd string no matter what and he's not going to be ready for a couple years regardless.

5. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Serious as cancer, buddy. If you're against this deal, you've either lost all perspective or are against winning.

6. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

You can't blame the management for the team sucking with Favre and then credit only Favre when they stop sucking.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

We traded a FOURTH ROUND draft pick for a QB that has thrown for over 8000 yards and over 50 TD's in the past 2 years. How anyone can be against that is beyond me.

8. CPenn10

CPenn10 New Member

So this Favre guy, he's going to be Clemens' backup?

;)

9. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

I'll say it for the millionth time: Little downside. HUGE upside. Not close. No-fucking-brainer.

10. johnny_blood

johnny_blood New Member

I am a life-long Packers fan from Green Bay. You just got a hell of a competitor. I'll be rooting for Favre and the Jets this year!

Favre was superb last year, and for the first half of the season he went 7-1 with absolutely no running game.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

I never did. The team sucked in 2005 and Favre sucked - he was trying to do too much and threw up a lot of retarded passes. It was his only shitty season.

12. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Joe Willie White Shoes
    disagree with the Favre trade and you are labeled an idiot and your loyalty to the team is questioned.

Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean the thought is dumb. He layed out reasons why he was against the trade. They will well elaborated and logical assertions. You don't have to agree with, but that doesn't mean that those concerns should be pushed aside.

13. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

"Dangerous, But Worth The Risk..."

14. Pavlus53

Pavlus53 Member

I thought Mike T said there would be an announcement about a transaction involving Chad. That sounds more like a cut than a trade.

15. Tee_

Tee_ New Member

Learn: So then the Packers should be Super Bowl locks this year with Rodgers? I mean now that the sole reason for the Packers losing is gone right? Give me a break...

16. bulldogfan307

bulldogfan307 New Member

I've always found the Jets fans to be some of the nicest people you'd want to meet

17. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

I'm certainly not calling you dumb. I know you've been on this board a long time and are a valuable contributor and a big fan. This isn't my kind of deal, either, but when I actually started to think this could happen a couple weeks ago, I thought, "why the hell not?"

The one glaring question mark on the team was QB, the rest of the team is solid. If we could answer the one and only question mark, why not do it? Wouldn't that bring us closer to a Super Bowl?

18. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

It's a reasoned position, I'll admit; not well-reasoned, but reasoned nonetheless. I'm just really struggling to imagine how you could feasibly be against this deal, and I have a pretty active imagination.

I don't think any of the points outlined are particularly relevant or compelling.

19. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

My comments are included above in bold.

20. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

To clarify an important nuance: I am not trying to insult anyone here or label anyone as "dumb." What I am saying is that, to me, it would appear that positions against this trade are less than rational. Einstein probably took some poor positions, too, so don't take it personally.