Favres a jet!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mean Green, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Well, I'm just f'n amazed in the wee hours of Thursday morning. The Jets actually got it done. Pinch me, I'm dreaming. I though he would be a Buc for sure.

Thanks, Chad. It's been real...

2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Adam Shefter reports if Brett Favre plays 80% of the snaps and the Jets MAKE the Superbowl...It's a 1st round pick.

70% of the snaps and makes playoffs...2nd round pick.

3. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

What on God's earth are you blabbering about?

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

lol @ living in the past

Favre has played in 34 games in the last 2 years throwing for over 8000 yards and over 50 TD's in the process. The only other QB's in the league to do that are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees.

Open your eyes dude.

5. MK1

MK1 Member

Anyone know how much cap space the Jets have and who else will have to be cut besides Chad?

6. BSartist

BSartist New Member

so....you think Clemens still has a chance of winning the open competition in NY? Y'all do know Mangini always has an open competition every year no matter what the position :p

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i was kidding but seriously those two curses combined could mean favre will break his wrist and tear his rotator cuff tomorrow.

8. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I was kidding...

It just didn't translate well...

9. Graytness

Graytness Member

Not to mention that the other team was in the playoffs last year AND had a Pro Bowl QB.

10. casvdry

casvdry New Member

We were in need of a waterboy at one time but the position has since been filled.

11. Graytness

Graytness Member

Sorry...all good. You know, that last jersey was a Glen Foley jersey, I know, I know. I thought he was going to be good, don't ask. Maybe I just like the number 4 on a Jets jersey, ha ha.

12. ........

........ Trolls

Of course, if he does it in the first game of the season, we lose a 4th round pick and gain another thing to bitch about for years to come. Seems like a fair trade.

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Right. Thanks Cakes, I was trying to keep up with Schefter and trying not to mess it up. But yeah, that's also taken into account. :up:

14. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

More like

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

I guess the Chargers where washed up old QBs went in the 70's.

#254 davecrazy, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  15. Tommy22

Tommy22 New Member

I am absolutely beyond crazily happy right now.

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

the 3-4 people hating on this right now why are you jets fans? what exactly do you want this team to do? they try to draft players and build that way and you all complain that they are busts after a bad rookie year. they sign a bunch of free agents and we are acting desperate. they trade for an all time great qb and the management sucks.

i dont mind people being realists or anything but seriously you cant be negative about everything every day with this team.

17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

When the Jets went out and spent all that money in the off season, you had to know they were going for it.

So you have a chance to go for it. KC, Chad.......or Favre. Nothing is guaranteed. Everyone knows that. We had a choice of 3 qb's..who would you pick?

When the Knicks won the Patrick Ewing Lottery..my buddies and me high fived and said lets count the championships baby..well there were none.

He gives us the best shot this year. He stretches a field..something we havent seen in almost a decade. He is just flat out a better qb then the other two. Much. In my opinion..this roster is a better roster then the one he had last year in Green Bay.

You have to agree....it will be fun to watch this year...what else can you ask for.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Not even close - look at what Namaths 2 seasons prior to being traded to the Rams compared to Favre's 2 seasons prior to being traded to the Jets.

19. ober51

ober51 New Member

freaking pumped...

When do you think he will report?

20. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

LTJF, while I wasn't a big proponent of Favre, you have to admit that the Jets didn't give up all that much to pick up him up. So they didn't mortgage the future. However, like you feel, if they don't go deep into the playoffs then the year will have to be looked as a failure. However, the games haven't even started yet so you can't be angry yet. There will be time for that if the INT's pile up.