Favre, Coles, Cotchery and Keller

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1969jets, Sep 29, 2008.

1. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I think the thread was about the Arizona game and as such left out people who didn't score TDs in the game.

I was very excited by what I saw of Clowney in the pre-season. But it is just that, pre-season. Plus, I hate rookie receivers. I'm not counting on Clowney to contribute in a big way this year.

I guess the OP left Stuckey out because he failed to score a TD this week. Kinda short sighted but what can ya do.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm just glad we've got good depth at WR. Coles is one concussion away from sitting on the bench and Cotchery can't keep on attracting so much attention without being smothered. That's where Stuckey comes in. I agree that Clowney probably won't see much time this year but you never know. If we get into the playoffs and injuries happen, we could be seeing more of him earlier than we thought.

I'm really happy with our pass-catching TE abilities too. Our passing game is fine.

3. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

We'll see. The presence of Favre allows them to do a lot of things they could not even dream of before. I have always considered the receiving corps pedestrian until Keller got drafted. Maybe it was a case of Penny dragging them down.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Take a real good look at some of those passes Sunday. They really had some heat on them. In fact, there was one pass toward the end of the game that I had trouble following... I think the camera had trouble following it too.

I love Pennington for all he brought to the Jets and all he gave, but man... there is absolutely NOOOOOO comparison. We've actually got a fucking passing game for a change!

5. uberchink

uberchink New Member

that first TD pass to Coles was one of the best passes I've ever seen. Most quarterbacks would have trouble getting it in there that fast on the goal line, much less from 15 or 20 yards out

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yeah that thing was a frikin lazer. It's no wonder he's broke fingers.