Favorite Vacation Spots?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by HackettSuxTNG, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Biltmore should be a must do on anyone’s bucket list.

My daughter just moved to St. Augustine. I cannot believe in probably 50 trips to Florida that I had never been before.
    North America’s oldest city is a gem, loved it there.

barfolomew likes this.
  2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I miss my cabin...

[​IMG]

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Please tell me more about Aruba folks

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Never been there, but I know it can get over 300 cruise ship visits a year, up to five ships at a time. Pre-Covid that amounted to over 800,000 visitors a year; probably back over 700,000 this year. For someone spending a week or so there, a good tip almost everywhere in the region is to find out before you go what the cruise ship schedule looks like and set up your own schedule around that - you don't want to be doing island tours or other "must see" things the same day three or four boats are in port and spilling 5-6,000 passengers out onto the streets and beaches.

Brook! likes this.
  5. HackettSuxTNG

With the exception of St. Martin, it is my favorite island stop in the Caribbean

Brook! likes this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Sometimes I like to keep it straight up local (avid hiker here) or relatively "local": Vermont or Maine. Of course that only works if you couldn't care less about amenities and love the woods. I've stayed in some rough places but I'm almost always not there for the accommodations.

Going to VT next weekend, as a matter of fact, height of the foliage season. My old man's buddy from HS bought a campground a number of years ago near St. Albans. He's having some health issues, so we're going up there to help him and his son close the place down for the season. That's where we'll be staying, in his buddy's RV.

I'm extremely low frills and I've probably pissed more in the woods than in a toilet. I do have some reasonable conditions, though. I draw the line at bed bugs, mold, roaches, and vermin. :oops:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't wait.

7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

A friend of mine went years ago and said it was so windy you couldn't sit on the beach without being sandblasted. But that might have just been a one off thing.

If you want a sure fire great weather experience in the Caribbean then Turks and Caicos is the way to go. Barely rains and the difference between the high temp and the low temp is less than 10 degrees fahrenheit.

Brook! likes this.
  8. HackettSuxTNG

Brook! likes this.
  9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Looking for suggestions, from all you travelers, on spots in Nashville to watch the Rangers game Sunday.

Doesn't need to be right in Nashville as I'll be driving north from Florida late Saturday night and can stop anywhere in that general vicinity.

Any other suggestions on stops in Nebraska or Kansas for after my Nashville stop appreciated, or even Oklahoma. I don't have a set route, just looking to be in Hartsel, CO by the 31st and looking for worthwhile stops along the way. The stretch straight across Neb. and Kansas is generally boring as hell so need to break it up.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Stopping in Nebraska? Has anyone live faster, died younger or left a better looking corpse than Waterboy? Animal.

11. The Waterboy

It's a choice between Nebraska and Kansas, not like it's really a choice though. I guess in Kansas I can head towards the world's biggest ball of twine before hitting the geographic center of the Lower 48, of course in Nebraska I can visit the Sod House Museum.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

I lived in Nebraska for 3 years. It's like a giant corn-filled parking lot.

13. The Waterboy

Drove through Kansas last time, besides one huge thrift shop in the middle of nowhere I can't remember a thing about it. I just couldn't understand where this warehouse sized thrift store got all their shit though.

abyzmul likes this.
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think maybe they're more polite in Nebraska? That's all I got really. If you don't hit Omaha, you won't know you were in a state.

15. The Waterboy

Yeah, thinking I'll head to Omaha out of Nashville, and then just head up to Sturgis and then Yellowstone. I've got the time so no sense wasting it going through Neb. Or Kansas

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Lost luggage or Amazon returns gets my vote.