Favorite play of the 2006 season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The U, Jan 2, 2007.

?

Which play was your favorite of 2006?

1. Jerricho Cotchery's catch and run vs. NE

55 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. Coles' catch and run vs. NE

17 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Leon Washington screen pass vs. Miami

73 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. Justin Miller kick return vs. Colts

10 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Mike Nugent's GW FG vs. Miami

4 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. "Schoolyard" play vs Colts

11 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Yeah i take back my vote for the cotch catch when i saw that i went crazy, even though we didnt score.

2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Leon making the playoffs for us. 2nd would be the play vs. Indy.

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I had to vote for j-co's catch for my favorite cause its everything I want in my #2 receiver...heads up, gutsy, never say die, however, the most exciting play i have ever seen in all of football was that crazy "schoolyard" play against the colts...i got up to get a beer and all of a sudden the entire bar in downtown st. petersburg is on their feet, i was glued to the tv, and afterwards my heart was beating so fast and i was on such a natural high...well mostly natural...i had to go sit down for a few minutes to calm down before i could go back and get my beer. WOW...would've been my favorite, but they didn't actually score on that one, j-co did.

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Hobson absolutely creaming Brady, and then Brady throwing a pick, before the horseshit Roughing the Passer penalty was called

for plays that stand...the J-Co catch and run

5. JetGreen

JetGreen New Member

Leon's screen pass; the pitch, catch, and run! I was there and I was screaming and jumping up and down. It was such a sweet play!

6. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Leon Washington's screen pass vs Miami. Was at the stadium and completely shitting myself before this kid saved us.

7. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Leon's screen, hands down.

8. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I went with Cotchery's play just because that was the play I like more. However, if you are going by importance its obviously Leon's screen. I just love watching Cotchery make that play. It was pretty unbelievable

9. definetly the 6 man pitch back at the end of the colts game. Ive never seen a more ridiculous play travel so far. Nor do i think mangold would have ever, ever thought hed intentionally be thrown the ball....
    Go Jets!

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

While all the plays listed were awesome, and the Ellis sack was great too, the Leon catch and run literally saved our season. Plus, it was against Miami, on Christmas night, and it set up the game winner.

The only play I would voted for instead would have been if Baker wasn't robbed in the Cleveland game.

11. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

The Cotchery catch was my favorite, because it was his true "break out" play. From then on I knew what I had predicted all along....Cotchery is the man.

In a very very close second is the Miller return against the Colts because my dad wanted to leave the game at that point because he was so pissed off and got up and started walking out the row. My brother and I of course just sat there in protest because we hate leaving games early. Next thing you know Miller is running it back, then breaks out of two tackles, and takes it to the house! The whole stadium went absouletly nuts, it was one of the craziest times I've ever been at a game.

12. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I voted for the Miller kick return. The Coles and cotch plays were nice but I knew we dug ourselves too big of a hole in that game and a comeback was unlikely. When Miller ran the kick back against the Colts I thought we had the game.

13. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

My first thought was the Cotch catch against NE, but I also remember thinking the Coles play was unfreakinbelievable, so I voted for that. What was amazing about Cotchery was that he didn't go down on the catch, but overall, the Coles play was more impressive I thought.

14. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Yeah...that one was awesome. Especially when Belichick and Brady started crying on eachother's shoulders.

15. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

My favorite play was Ellis' sack on Brady to end the 17-14 win for the Jets

The most clutch plays were Leon Washington's 3rd down reception where he juked 50 dolphins and the 64 yard screen to leon.

16. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

It would be even better if the Jets had a TD lead with 2 minutes left...Brady has a shot at tying it up with one last drive, but throws an interception to Kerry Rhodes!

oooooo boy would that be sweeeeet

17. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I went with Leon. That play made me jump out off the sofa and got me airborne.

18. McCareins 81

McCareins 81 New Member

J-Mac's catch vs Miami on Christmas. It was big gainer and seemed to open things up for the Jets a bit.

19. NIJet

NIJet Member

Has to be Leon's run after the screen pass... was worth sitting up half the night for!.. was sometime between 4 and 5 am in the UK and i still jumped up off the sofa :)

20. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Leon Washington screen pass vs. Miami.

That play broke the Finsmomentum. Had it not been for that who knows....