FAs the Jets Should Consider

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 13, 2013.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Pettigrew isn't great but he's a solid all around player. He could block and catch.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Cooper will resign with the Eagles.

McCluster would be a nice acquisition.

Verner would be too, but he will be very expensive.

The Jets should draft a RB on day 3. This team has too many holes to buy a RB in free agency. Take one late in the draft. They have to find the next Zac Stacy.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That is correct. He is a big, lumbering guy with bad hands- the black Kyle Brady.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This is a issue of potential FA's being over rated because of their draft slot and pre draft hype. I loved Tate going into his draft, but would not give him anywhere near 5 mill based on his NFL play. He is a good receiver, but not a big difference maker. There is a reason the Seahawks went out and paid a ton for Harvin and a big part of that reason is Tate not being the player they thought he would be.

Pettigrew was the best all around TE in his class according to the draft hype. The blocking is there but he is not an offensive weapon like he was supposed to be. In an offense that boasts the best outside threat in the game he is not a difference maker in the middle and would be a huge non factor in an offense of our talent base.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Not a FA, but we really should trade for Kirk Cousins. Instant upgrade for our team

6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

how?

seriously how? he's barely played 5 games, why would he be an upgrade?

7. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

I would have no problem giving up a second for him unless Geno shows us something these last few games

8. No way he has first round talent(Coming from an MSU fan),

Still he could be a functional starter & would offer a legit competition for Geno.

I'd give up a #3

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Corey Graham can play man-to-man, zone, press, off and tackle. He is relatively young (28) and can be had at a bargain.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Throw cash at Decker

11. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

would love to get vontae davis or verner and maclin or decker. really need lots of o line help. what happened to brick this year?? is it from playing next to winters?

12. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Tate isn't going anywhere.
    Decker might given they are throwing a lot of money around and might not be able to afford him, but he might not want to leave Manning.
    Maclin is th eone they can probably get but he isn't durable.

Talib at CB wouldn't upset me - physical, big, makes plays - right system the guy is an upgrade over anything we have.

The need to improve the safety position though -- Reed is a waste of space back there.

None of the QBs listed is overly impressive. I still like cutting Sanchez after June 1st, splitting his cap money, and bringing him back on the cheap.

They need to have a A draft and free agency - WR, WR, TE, OG and LB, S

13. Both Reed & Landry have been crappy.

That said I am not opposed to the Jets sitting on their hands next year w/ safety & let the tandem of Bush/Allen start w/ small doses of Jarret. (While they address more pressing needs)

Antonio Allen deserves to be starting.Sure he isn't perfect in pass coverage but he's always around the ball & lays the wood.

Rex said over summer Bush was being groomed to replace Landry as the back end's signal caller. He'll be going into his 3rd season in Rex's D. He's never been a bad player physically.

14. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I would be upset with that if they improve corner play . The secondary is so porous right now it puts a lot of added pressure on the front 7.

If a top tier safety shows interest in the jets and the feeling is mutual I would cry over it. Unless of course they improve the secondary and do nothing on offense.

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

With 40 million reported in cap room i'd like to add Pettigrew and either Nicks or Maclin.

16. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Landry hasnt been bad. He's not great but he's fine out there. It's our corner play thats been terrible.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Its amazing only on the Jets do you go from Landry,Bell,Revis to Landrys Brother,Bush,Washed Up Ed Reed in one year.Why does the orginization seem intent on letting talent walk.We had num 1 ranked pass defense last year .Theres just no long term plan with this team its a season to season thing its sad

18. dannymac910

dannymac910 Member

Would love to get Kirk Cousins.

19. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Landry signed a one year deal with the Jets to prove his health and get a big contract like he did.

The Jets were not in a position to pay him. Bell was an old man, who cares about him. He was very average as a Jet.

I don't get all the negativity towards Dawan Landry, he is not a bad player. We need another safety and help at the corner spot. Landry has played well. He's not as explosive as his brother but he is a quality safety.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

They had the number one ranked pass D last year because no one needed to pass against them. They usually had a lead on the Jets and could just run the ball and our run D couldn't stop anyone.

As for the year-to-year thing, I do tend to agree that that has been the case, and that goes on Woody (for hiring Tanny who had no clue how to put together a football roster or develop a plan for the future), Tanny AND Rex. That's why Idzik was hired. That should definitely change going forward.