Fantasy Baseball Keeper League (NEW for 2010)

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by GreyhoundJet, Mar 7, 2010.

1. OneDay

OneDay Member

I'd be down with moving it to Friday at 8pm. Hopefully wildthing will see this and try to work something out.

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I won't be at a computer next Friday but with any luck I can draft on a mobile app if it gets switched to then...hope there aren't issues with iPhone if that's the case or I'll be on autodraft then too. I wouldn't be able to draft on my phone at all between like 7-9 on Thursday though.

3. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Might not be able to draft at 8 on Thursday but can on Friday.

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Anyone looking to add an extra keeper? Im looking to make a 2 for 1 deal if anyone is interested in Price, Gray, Arenado, etc

5. OneDay

OneDay Member

I purposed a trade to you involving Price and Stanton for Miguel Cabrera, Wainwright, Springer, and whoever else you wanted. The trade expired earlier today though. Take a look at my team and send me something before 7 if you want to make a deal. I'm open to anything and everything...

6. VanderbiltJets

Willing to package Yelich and Bryant together?

7. OneDay

OneDay Member

8. VanderbiltJets

Id be willing to do Brantley Gray and Price if I can move up one or two of my picks.

9. OneDay

OneDay Member

At this point, I'd rather hold on to Bryant because of his upside. Plus, since we can only have 7 keepers, there is the possibility that Gray will be available anyways in the draft. I would include Bryant plus others in a trade for Stanton though.

10. VanderbiltJets

I elected to keep Gray Brantley And Arenado. Can you fix this commish? Assuming that my draft applet isn't showing an error. Edit: appears to be an issue with multiple teams.

11. jwill182

jwill182 New Member

Guys, I've been trying to get on there on my phone for twenty minutes and it won't let me in...and apparently I couldn't keep Wacha since he wasn't on my team, even though I traded a keeper for him.

12. NYJFan10

I didn't have an issue with keepers but I did not intend to draft SP's with both my 8th and 9th rounders though, I specifically put different positions for each draft slot. Not that I want to throw Richards or Ross back though, on the whole my auto draft turned out pretty decent at first glance.

13. JohnnyThaJet

Wait was the draft at 8? I tried to have someone draft for me until I got home at 9 and apparently it was over at 8:30?

14. NYJFan10

Yeah that was the initial time, it was never changed. How many people were actually able to make the draft? If it only lasted a half hour there must have been a LOT of autodrafts.

How was Adrian Gonzalez not a keeper? I guess that was another system goof? Kind of a shame it happened to so many teams. I always go by the 'select keepers' button in the blue box to pick keepers. I probably would have kept Hamels over Kipnis if I was able to do a live draft but I was afraid I'd get stuck with an inferior 2B so I had to keep Kipnis, plus I figured I'd get a comparable pitcher with my first pick anyway.

At least most of the rounds it did stick to my position designation though, glad it picked Grandal for me as my '1B' pick cause I didn't have catcher slotted till the next to last round and would have had Derek Norris as my starting C :p

#654 NYJFan10, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  15. JohnnyThaJet

I'm assuming the draft can't be redone right? Looks to me like the majority of owners weren't there during the draft since it was completed so fast and everyone has hitting but no pitching (usually occurs during auto pick). I don't mind either way but I'm just trying to be fair to everyone else.

16. NYJFan10

I find that a bit hard to believe since the game's shifted towards pitching. Maybe you just meant people have extra hitters on their roster...which I generally fixed on my team by having position minimums (some max) and picking positions for each spot in the draft to autodraft. I did the same thing with the football draft though a baseball autodraft's a little harder to pinpoint with the multiple position players.

The autodraft aspect obviously wasn't a concern beforehand since the draft time didn't get changed despite multiple people wanting a change (I took the time to prerank and organize the draft position list cause I knew I wasn't going to be around though) but I'd really like to know more of what happened with the keeper screwups. Wacha was an obvious keeper cause he was just traded for in a 1-1 deal and yet he got thrown back in the draft.

#656 NYJFan10, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  17. jwill182

jwill182 New Member

Yeah, my team blows. It's my own fault for not editing my pre rankings, but I assumed I'd be on to draft my team, so I didn't think I would need to rank them. I only kept 3 guys, and Wacha went in round 10, so apparently my auto draft didn't think I'd want him 7 straight rounds. Wound up drafting Homer Bailey 7 picks after Wacha got picked...which is pretty freakin dumb. Whoever got Wacha, I want him back if you would be willing to trade me.

18. VanderbiltJets

I may have an extra P or two...

19. OneDay

OneDay Member

As do I (Lumber Jacks). I believe there was a total of four or five of us present for the draft. I'd be willing to trade a pitcher or two for position players.

20. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Just an FYI, I cannot remove Greyhound since he's the owner of the league despite that fact that I'm the commissioner so if he doesn't play then we're boned, heck I can't even kick myself out. Sorry about the draft stuff I tried to pick a day where people would most likely be home and not out and I ended up forgetting about it since I didn't get an alert until after the draft had occurred.

So in the event that Greyhound doesn't play this year, we might have to make a new league next year unless people want a 11 team league......