Falcons release Grady Jackson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYjets2335, Oct 23, 2007.

?

Should the Jets sign Grady Jackson?

1. Yes

84.7%
  2. No

15.3%
  1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

1-7 is exactly the time to bring him in for three reasons
    1) We need change asap. As it stands up to today, the Jets suck.
    2) We need change at NT asap. The whole defense has been bad to mediocre, and most of the problem here has been at NT. Robertson is NOT effective at this position. Even if Jackson wouldn't help our future, at the very least he gives you the flexibility to find out if Robertson is worth keeping around at 3-4 DE instead.
    3) Because Jackson became available now, and opportunities to get a guy who fits a position of need good this late in the seaosn is rare. You jump on opportunities like that.

Also, where do you get off saying this guy has a bad work ethic? Do you or have you ever worked with him personally? Do you have hard evidence to support this? There mere fact that he was one of the Falcons leaders in tackles leads me to believe otherwise, considering the fact that usually DTs don't make very many tackles. Seems to be awful good for a fat guy with a bad work ethic.

2. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

As recent as the day he got released there was a story by Chris Mortensen as to the reasons behind his release. now I don't always trust that kind of thing but its something I've seen before about Jackson so it wasn't the first time. If he was so great I'm sure the Falcons could have made a trade before the deadline and got something.

You can have him if you want, i just don't want him and it sounds like the staff agrees with that thinking.

3. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Amen ouchy. Why do we have to pick up others old garbage?

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Sticking an elastoplast on the problem is how the previous regime would have reacted. Hopefully we're past that and are building rather than repairing.