Falcons making deal for Abe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Green Dude, Mar 14, 2006.

1. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

This is a great deal for both teams. Everyone knows that Abe was eventually going anyway and getting a second rounder in addittion to Schaub sweetens the deal. The Jets need to bring in someone to compete for the starting job this season. I don't understand why people are saying that just because we get Schaub means we can't draft a QB. Last I checked A starter, a strong backup (whether it be Penny or Schaub), and a young padawan sitting on the learning tree was pretty standard in todays NFL. As far as Brooks Bollinger goes, why keep him?

2. icecreamtruck

icecreamtruck Member

When you guys are done analyzing how hot football players are, I'll return to this thread. Thanks.

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

nothing phenomonal but id say he can make all the throws you need. arm strength is certainly not a question, but its not something you wow over in his case

4. S+M=S Giants

S+M=S Giants New Member

Thank god it's them and not the Deadskins! I don't want to see Carter and Abe as a DE duo. But in a weird way our division would have a sick DE duo, from Carter-Abe, Strahan-Osi, and Howard-Kearse. Not to shabby for one division, but like I said, Falcons please take him!:deadskins:

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

im still trying to figure out how matt shaub got to be 33 years old already...time flies when you spend half your day on TGG......i do remember his heisman year though...(scratching head)

6. AlToon

AlToon Member

I remember hearing an interview with Ernie Arcorsi conducted by Jody MacDonald and Sid Rosenberg before the 2004 draft.Arcorsi said the draft was a 4 QB deep draft with Manning,Rivers,Rothlesberger and Schaub

7. S+M=S Giants

S+M=S Giants New Member

Are you sure he said Schaub and not Loseman? Because I remember EA mentioning him as well, unless it was a different interview...

8. Keeping It Real

Keeping It Real New Member

We all know why don't wont this trade to take place. However, I do agree with you.

9. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I think we know why you don't post often.

Please tell us what year Matt Schaub was a Heisman Trophy winner?

I think you are staying up past your bedtime.

10. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

This is the "uninformed poster" post. Schaub is now a 33 year old former Heisman trophy winner..........you couldn't make some of this stuff up, but you can on TGG.

11. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Ah yes..he's 33, Heisman trophy winner and apparently ugly.
    Very pertinent points.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Who knows Abe is gong anyway? Not you.Not Me. There isn't that big a market for Abraham, and it is shrinking rapidly.

In fact the market is getting to the point that 8 mil in cash for 1 year is going to start looking good to his agent.

For once the Jets are in the drivers seat.