Falcons making deal for Abe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Green Dude, Mar 14, 2006.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

It may seem childish, but you don't know me or that I am just messing around. I just began doing some reasearch on the kid and he sure had a nice college career. If the Jets think he is the one to become our franchise QB, so be it...

I don't remember reading he won the heisman though...all I read was that he was a candidate...

2. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

My opinion from what I have seen of Schaub he looks pretty damn good. I think if the Jets were to trade and get him, this could answer our QB situation for cheap

and possibly our next franchise qb..He is getting paid just over $600,000 this bing the last year of his contract.(I doubt this guys stays there after this year) So if we get

him, sit his ass on the bench maybe play a few games depending on Penny and at the end of the season sign his ass to a 3-4 year deal for cheap. If I am Schaub I

would see this trade possibility as a chance to be a starter. (There is no way in hell in Atlanta Schaub starts unless Vick is hurt). We can just go nuts this draft with

all the picks. We could go Mario,Hawk or D-Brick at 4 (any of these 3 I will be happy) and 2nd round there is tons of depth .Abe does not want to stay in NY.He

wants the Long Term deal and Atlanta is not to far from his home in SC. This is our chance I hope we don't screw it up..

#42 USAFJETSFAN, Mar 15, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  3. PennyandtheJets

You make good points. I wouldn't mind Schaub...I would just rather go after a guy like Leinart. But hey maybe keeping our picks and possibly adding more picks through a possible trade involving Matt will be just as good.

I doubt they give us Schaub and a second though. Some of the Falcons fans were saying that would be nutty...So I don't think the trade will happen.

4. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

One more thing I like about this guy he is a big son of a bitc% 6'5 245...

5. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Some of this is posturing by Atlanta, but I wonder if they don't believe Denver is willing to offer one of their #1's for Abe. Atlanta has to know that the only way they could conceivably get Abe without dealing #15 or Schaub is if Denver isn't offering a #1.

6. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

Atlanta has to know if they get Abe there D will be absolutely scarey. I will miss Abe the guy is a beast and Off Cord. (shit themselves) have to change there scheme when this guy is on the field. I will hurt us but with the 3-4 starting to come into place with FA acquisitions Abe doesn't actually fit in well with that role of a drop back coverage guy.

All I have to say "Abe is worth a 1st". I don't give a sh^t what anyone says but if we can get Schaub and a 2nd gotta take it..or get one of Denvers 1st

Come on Tannebaum and Mangini make us proud...Or I will fly back home to NY and burn your houses down..kidding

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

let me get this straight...

ATL:We'd like your pro bowl DE.
    NYJ: sure, we'll swap you him for a 2nd and your backup QB.
    ATL: trade our back up for a pro bowler, you must be out of your mind! you can keep your pro bowler, impact starting player. we ain't giving up our back up!

I understand the value of a backup QB, but if Atlanta is so concerned with Michael Vick's ability to stay healthy to the point that the value of their back up is more than the value of a pro bowl DE then they should be considering trading Vick.

sure, it's nice to have a good insurance policy of a back up QB, but having one at the expense of adding a player that will make your team better and see the field is ridiculous...unless your concerns about your starting QB staying healthy are that great, which at that point you should start thinking about getting rid of your starting QB, which you could get a lot for, and play that back up, who you believe is a comperable replacement or else you wouldn't be so determined to keep him at such a price of not getting aplayer in return who will make your team better.

but that's just my opinion, maybe I am the crazy one for thinking a starting pro bowl DE should be worth more than the back up to your franchise, pro bowl caliber QB.

8. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

If the Falgoons traded Schuab and their 2nd for Abe, the Jets would be getting away with high way robbery. OMG.

9. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

I guess you would not want Elway either because he had a goofy looking face.

10. PennyandtheJets

I guess you didn't know I was kidding?

Elway is alot easier to look at though.

11. NY_JETS69

NY_JETS69 New Member

How about the jets offer abe for thier 2nd. and duckett. The falcons are looking to trade him and we need a running back too

12. PennyandtheJets

Hopefully the Atlanta trade falls through, that way the Jets might be more interested in getting Matt Leinart. I have a hard time believing they wouldn't want Matt Leinart.

Maybe it is the right thing to say though? They can't say..."YES! We want him Saints! We will give everything to get him too!" Or else we would be driving up the price on our own...

13. vegaskarl

In his junior year he was the ACC Player of The Year. He had a completion rate of 69%, over 2900 yards, 28 TDs with 7 INT.

In his senior year he had a 70% completion rate, 2900 yards, 18 TDs, 10 int.

14. PennyandtheJets

Haha...I know...I researched him, but that's good for someone else who hasn't looked him up.

15. vegaskarl

Mel Kiper had the QBs rated:
    Eli manning 9.5
    Ben Roethlisberger 9.5
    Phillip Rivers 9.4
    J. P. Losman 8.8
    Matt Schaub 8.8

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Just for one more year.

17. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

How is Schaub's arm strength?

18. edal

edal New Member

I still think if they had the possibility to trade up in the draft to get Leinart with our #4 pick and Abraham or the pick we would get for Abraham, this is what they would and should do.

19. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

I would take the 15th pick and run with it. Forget shaub and build through this years draft. Shaub would still in all likelyhood backup chad this year. T picks in the top 15 would benefit us more.

20. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

No, we don't need Duckett. Let's ease Curtis' load and stick with Derrick, Cedric, and BJ and see what they can do.