Exploring the options of the #2 pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by ouchy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You have to think Wilson is now in play big time with LaFleur.

I am not sold on Wilson, but he does fit his scheme. Wilson has even stated in the past that he would thrive in Shanahan's offense.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

Not knowing anything at all of course, and who could know much as they just hired the coach, I had the opposite take. Connecting a lot of dots, we kept reading that "if SF-KS could only get their hands on Darnold, he'd thrive" narrative. Did that come from informed information that SF-KS like Darnold and could install him into that offense and be successful...If so, you'd think that KS and Saleh have had a multitude of discussions on Saleh's potential job opportunities, with KS helping him to make good decisions...If all of those things are true you'd have to think KS would have said that Darnold can be fixed w/ the right coaching/offense. Again, lots of dot connecting here...but I stick with my original take of the Jets keeping Darnold and trading off the #2 pick (maybe trading down twice) as there will no doubt be people slathering over one or two of the QB's once it's time for the draft. Just my two cents as a guy who knows nothing about the situation...

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

TLaw is definitely going 1 overall. So IMO there's no other QB I would take at 2. If they trade the pick, they'll get a lot of draft capitol back. If they stay at 2, they can take Sewell or a receiver like Chase or Smith to give Darnold a great weapon or to keep building that monster OL.

westiedog1 likes this.
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Probably Sewell and move Becton to RT.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I want them to take the QB at 2 but if they decide to ride with Sam they sure as hell better not be picking at 2. Literally the only thing I am against is taking a non QB player at 2. That pick needs to be traded down for a boatload of picks.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good choice for HC and OC!!

The discussion on Sam D with JD must have preceded hire/part of interview
    This will get very tricky and risky if they try to reclaim a QB who throws more interceptions than TDS

I have my doubts whether this happens..that’s a hefty price to pay keeping Darnold around tbh

7. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

This is going to be very interesting on Sam.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I really like the logic tree in the OP.

That said there is one flaw in the logic and that is that Atlanta can come up cheaply to the #2 from the #4. If Atlanta wants a QB on the #2 it is going to cost them at least the #4 and their 1st next year. Likely it should cost them the #4 plus the #35 plus their 1st next year.

QB trade ups are expensive.