Expect these NFL teams to miss the playoffs again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Kinda like #1 Pats Fan. :drunk:

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Very good. I just love it when the national media puts the Jets down. Rather, the Jets always find a way to destroy themselves when the national media give them favorable review...

3. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

The desperate part isn't even the problem I have with it. To an extent, the Jets should be desperate. Any team that isn't desperate after a 4-12 season is just run by a bunch of morons.

The part that bothers me is that he is already downplaying both quarterbacks before they've played behind a revamped offensive line. Don't get me wrong, I'm really not a fan of either quarterback's in-game abilities that I've seen, but I'm at least willing to give them a pass on last season after watching the revolving door at left guard, and awful right tackle.

4. It's absolutely comical to me how much the national media and mainstream football fan, overrate the QB position. Unbelieveable.

5. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Yea and if his opinion was Jets were going to be a playoff teams. You would be listed this article as some kind of prove , that Jets are going to be special next year.

The truth is your FO did its best to try and fill all there holes , and took alot of gambles.
    Who knows if those gambles will pay off, or blow up in Jets faces.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

our FO took a bunch of gambles??

I think if you put all the players the Raiders FO signed in the offseason together...you might find one pair of HEALTHY knees.

7. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Dudes, relax!

It's the NFL!

The league run by the parity system.

If your team sucks one year, it might be in the playoffs the next. And vice versa. Damn, you guys are arguing as if there's stability in the league and great teams from year-to-year. Don't you remember?

The Giants beat the 16-0 Patriots last year.

There are no teams anymore that canbeat their chest and say:

WE'RE NUMBER ONE

Every NFL team is like, number 13 or whatever.

8. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Isn't medical science wonderfiul today.

1.D Woody couldn't win a starting job in Detriot, and played a totally of five games in his life at RT. (suddely he improves your Oline tremendously) 2. Kris Jenkins- candidate to be on the series Biggest Loser. Guy was a stud DT a couple years ago and hasn't even sniffed that level in years. (been on downside) Even though Jenkins obviously not the player he was, he still should help stop the run. 3. Calvin Pace- to me it seems Jets fans are making him out to be Adaluis Thomas, i see him more as Jets B Thomas.
    4. T Richardson FB- Lets just say the Ronnie Lott of FBs. Once a great FB that has seen better days. 5 . Hard to fault this one to much, but Alan Faneca. Paying a player on wrong side of 30, left tackle money , is very risky. (clearly didn't play as well last year as in years past)

9. JetsLookingforDWare

True...shoulda went Kwame Harris instead of Woody...Should have went Williams Joseph over Kris Jenkins...maybe gotten Drew Carter instead of wasting a pick on Keller...not touched Pace because he's not Adalius Thomas and thats who we signed him to be..and def. shouldn't have handed an old FB who just blocked for one of the leagues better running games such a monster one year contract.

And on a serious note...why do people keep talking about the money we've spent without even bothering to analyze other contracts, the way the league is spending, and what direction the cap is heading in?

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

i have to take a shit. no really. i'm desperate. but i'm out of tp so i printed out his analysis and used that instead.

11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Maybe it can keep Al Davis in charge for another 20 years. :breakdance::lol:

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Buddy is probably right. We've all drank a ton of green koolaid this offseason.

13. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Maybe the solutions the Jets have gone for aren't the perfect answers. Maybe we miss the playoffs. But can somebody point out to me the better options that we ignored or struck out on? I don't see what or who we could have gone out and obtained that would have guaranteed any better a result?

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I know a lot of money was involved, but I don't see the logic of dissing the Faneca move, which was not specifically mentioned but was a huge part of the off season. Upgrading the single worst starter with a proven quality player with Pro Bowl cred, also in the worst performing group of the team but now solidifying the left side with Mangold and Ferguson, alone made the off season a postive, imo.

15. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I like how Jeaux talks about Faneca being on the "wrong" side of 30 even though he made Pro Bowl last year. Meanwhile, Javon Walker hasn't been to the Pro Bowl since 2004, his only really breakout year. Yet, he will swear by how smart that signing was and that (when/if ever) Javon can be healthy again, he can be a #1 WR. So, someone please break down that logic for me.

16. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Exactly what did this guy say that was wrong. We Hope Clemens is the answer but he might not be. Chad is done and that is a fact. Im cautiously optomistic that Calvin Pace is not Brian Thomas part 2 but he could be. If one player says the F/O lied to them it's like ok but if three say it then I would tend to believe that it's not the players anymore. Faneca and Jenkins are huge upgrades over what we had and I think those signings are very good but there are a whole lot of question Marks to be addressed. Who plays Cb opposite Revis? Who is our Third Receiver? Who will put pressure on the Qb on our D-Line? Can Kellen step up and become an NFL Qb? What happens if one player on our O-Line goes down? The fact remains that our team could be 9-7 or 6-10 next year. We are still not taking out the Pats and there are 4 teams that are definitely better than us and of the five wild card worthy teams we fall anywhere from 3-5. The reality of this article is what people outside of Ny without Green colored glasses think about the NYJ. This was written from the perspective of a football fan and not a Jet fan.

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Here in Texas where I have lived for the past 2 years to date I have never/ever seen anybody in NYJ gear. That is nobody & I have been in Beaumont, Houston, Galveston, San Antonio, San Marcos, New Braunfels, Sierra Blanca, El Paso, Dallas just to name a few cities I have visited. Therefore I doubt that many NYJ fans reside outside the NY/NJ/PA/CT area. Most that do are most likely transplanted NY metro areas fans not fans who chose the NYJs as there team like sombody living in Wyoming all his life

18. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

These kinds of articles are funny, but are getting on my nerves. Despearate? Football games are won and lost in the trenches and that is where we spent our money. Desperate is when you give Asante Samuel or Nate Clements the kind of money they received from Philly and SF. Building from the inside out is exactly what they should have done.

19. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Do you think this article gives a pretty accurate opinion of the NYJ's as seen through the eyes of Non Jet fans?

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes because we have so many question marks like do we have a QB? Do we have a quality RB, Do we have a OL that can run & pass block? Do we have any game breaking player on O. On D we have still some 3rd tier starters so I can see why at this moment he sees where the NYJs are. Now to be fair the subject should be revisited after more pruning of the roster is done & we get to see how the UFAs play & how well the QB play is