Everything we do is "a Disgrace!"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Dec 10, 2012.

1. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

This team is making mental midgets like Stephen A Smith and Rich Cimini look smart. It's never good for the Jets when members of the sports media come off smarter than they actually are when talking about them.

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

How about the Week 17 in 2011, Tebow shitted the bed worse than Sanchez did. Though I think that week Skip kind of criticized Tebow for not having that competitive spirit and being life less (True). But then he put a lot of the blame on the coaching staff yet if you watched that game it was almost all Tebow's fault as they lost a game 7-3 to KC. They had to get help from the Charger to get in the playoffs.

Sanchez got killed that week and so did Santonio Holmes (rightfully so).

3. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

Tebow is the definition of a double standard in the NFL. It can turn into a religious argument, a race argument...etc. He is always praised for mediocrity. I like the guy, I just don't understand the cult. His win vs pittsburgh is valued by his fans 4x more than the average Jet fan values Sanchez's 4 road playoff wins. I don't understand it

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I don't either, all the Jets fans forget the Sanchez's 4 road playoffs games. Sanchez's performance in that road playoff game against the Patriots is a lot more impressive that Tebow's home playoff game against the Steelers. Though that 1st play TD in OT was a record setting (Quickest OT game) play that might never be broken.

5. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

But it was just a slant pass that I'd hope every NFL qb could make

6. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

ESPN was NEVER about journalism and yet it's managed to lower the standards of journalism like Fox Noize has never had anything to do with jornalism either-just appealing to the dumbass masses

7. Satire?

Satire? Guest

Everything you do is a balloon.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

They inactivated McElroy to get Sanchez confidence up. With Tebow as the backup he knew there was no way they would pull him in this game no matter what.

I'm guessing that Sanchez wouldn't have seen the 2nd half if McElroy was active.

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I agree with the offense being ignored in the offseason, but we had the toughest opening schedule of any team.

Go Jets!!!

10. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

They aren't a great team and they make some questionable personnel decisions, but they are a 6-7 team. The Cardinals are a joke. The Jags are a joke. The Chiefs are a joke.

The last 5 seasons:

9-7
    9-7
    11-5
    8-8
    6-7

That's respectable for the NFL.

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

That's funny too. Given his skillset and (lack of) ability, he should be happy to be a 2nd string QB in the NFL. If it weren't for his popularity he would have never been drafted.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will say this again,,,,,,,with the way last year ended, the collapse, losing to the giants on Xmas eve, the fiasco in Miami with Holmes quitting and Sanchez sitting by himself under a palm tree,,,,,that whole mess of an ending,,,,,when I thought I had seen it all and at least " things could not get any worse " ,,,,,,,drum roll please,,,now in the center ring ,,this year happens ! We have not beaten a good team / with a winning record in almost 2 years and we are supposed to get excited because we beat the Rams and then KC,,,,then last weeks honey of a game against the Jags ? To top it off I listen to wfan today and Carton is quoting Rex saying he dressed Tebow because he. Actually thought when we went up by 40 Tebow could come into the game and hand off in front of family and friends,,and McElroy is not even dressed ?,,,,paraphrasing but u get the point. Then we are now interested in Edwards a guy many thought should never have been let go in the first place,,,,or that could have been signed when Holmes went down months ago,,,,,ahhh I could go on by my dr says to limit my jet rants,,,,,,,,blow it up from top to bottom,,we are a joke

13. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

I just think it's kind if ironic we get embarassed at home on thanksgiving night 49-19, granted we were at home and literally gave the patriots 3 td's...yet the supposed 11-1 Houston texans and their vaunted defense and offensive weapons against the pats "soft" defense lose 42-14...the media will bash us and granted we deserve the criticism but they will downplay the fact Houston got blown out and outplayed by the pats calling it an "off day" for the texans. I'm hoping we somehow get the last wildcard spot and win just 1 playoff game lol

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I normally disregard comments from talking heads, because their business is controversy. Now in fairness the truth is not necessarily the opposite of controversy, but it is not the same thing, either.

But the truth today is not only that the Jets are controversial. They are also often laughable. Here's my list not even going back to Muck shitting the bed down the stretch last season:

The Tebow trade. One of the worst off season moves ever. A wasted pick, wasted money on his salary were only for starters. The trade led to a built in controversy that has overshadowed almost everything else that has gone on this season. It continued to effect even the coach's choices this past Sunday (although that deserves a separate entry). And Tebow has added nothing of any real substance. This has been a total disaster from beginning to end, and unloading him has to be an essential part of the coming off season.

Sanchez the Unchallenged Starter. Another total disaster was extending Sanchez's contract. All the stupid justifications offered for it can now be clearly seen as the ridiculous window dressings they were all along. The hopeless attempt to get Peyton Manning here apparently ruffled Muck's feathers so much that they had to throw another over $8mil guaranteed his way, and screwing the roster and cap for 2013. The FO was apparently fine with another effect of the Tebow trade, as it led directly to Stanton's departure. Given that there was never any intention of having Tebow challenge Mark, the FO was apparently fine with Stanton's leaving, and leaving the unchallenged "right" to Muck to be the starter. Did he really deserve such treatment? Seems like no one here should have doubted the word out of the locker room that many players see Muck as being coddled by the Jets. Does anyone have any doubt?

Roster moves on O. Well, perhaps a bit of doubt. After doubling down on the investment in Sanchez, the FO inexplicably as good as took the off season for an extended vacation for all the good they did to the roster on O. Inexplicable to literally go into pre-season before getting rid of Wayne Hunter. Not that Howard is all that great a plan B. And despite some improvement, relying on VD as the future at OG is at best highly questionable. The OL coach for one is clearly not a fan. They cut Slauson's salary, and he admittedly has been mediocre, but now out of sheer luck is playing better. And using a number 2 pick on a project wideout, expecting him to start on opening day? You can't make this up.

Tony Sparano. Really?

ANd that was all before Opening Day.

The season itself has been a constant succession of lowlights, including the awful turkey of a game in second NE. But I also hated the loss in second Miami. Their freaking backup Qb played much better than Muck. A "favorite" lowlight for me.

But it just keeps getting worse.

I know the Jets have won three of their last four, and are mathematically in the playoffs. But this past weekend brought another new low for me.

The Qb Depth Chart. The previous week after Muck has done all he could to ruin the Jets' season, and the Jets were behind at halftime, and another three series led by Muck produced nothing, Ryan finally gave into the crowd and benched him for McElroy. You know what? The fans were right, and Ryan should have not been so stubborn all along. But then in Jville, Ryan rewards McElroy by not even dressing him, instead dresses Tebow, who is injured, so much so that he is not used as he normally would have been, and this led to the obvious question how that makes sense to back up Muck with an injured Tebow. And of course why was Muck starting in the first place?

Then Ryan compounded the insult by saying he thought Muck played "good". WTF? He sucked.

Muck is so necessary to the team's chances to win, that when they put him in there, they take the ball out of his hands - yeah, that makes sense.

And while the OL finally took control in the second half, the net result was still not so great as to prevent Jville, one of the worst offenses in teh league, from driving for the tying score as the fourth quarter was winding down.

The Jets are a total clown show, and they have no one to blame but themselves for making a Tebow dick slobbering idiot like Bayless look smarter than them.

#34 Big Blocker, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I would think so also except then we have to play the Ravens in Baltimore or the Broncos in Denver and both of those would be ass-kickings on national TV (again.)

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Maybe the Broncos...but the Ravens?

Really?

That would actually be one of the division winners I'm sure we can at least be competitive with (the other being the Patriots, despite the blowout).

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

The only disgraceful thing about the Jets right now is that part of our fan base that would rather lose than keep fighting for a playoff spot. Support your team people. Life's too short.

18. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

preach! :beer:

19. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

in general, people are worrying way too much about what other people think. don't sweat other posters. don't sweat these pundits. they're not much more informed and definitely not smarter than many on these boards.

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

It might be too little too late... but I believe the dougie is the spark that this team is missing.

It will elevate perception above "disgrace" to "hey, maybe there's something happening here".