ESPN: Signs Point to Rex Ryan Returning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Dec 28, 2013.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Just STFU. If we did sign Cutler you'd be sucking his dick and insulting anyone who didn't like the move.

2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

You do realize you are a fucking moron.

You can lose a game and be prepared and show up. We lost by 40 fucking points and were down 28-6 at halftime giving up 4 drives over 60 yards in the first half including an 80 yard one to start the game. The Bengals up until that point scored more than 30 only once and were in all 1 score games late.

We had just beat NE, if this is not considered not showing up or being unprepared, then there is no such thing.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm a moron? A fucking moron doesn't realize a thing called parity in today's league.

A Colts team that off a bye barely beats a Texans team then gets BLOWN out by a Rams team (that btw doesn't make the playoffs).

Colts didn't have a chance in hell against that Rams team, a team that they played at home?

Yeah I am a fucking moron - look at the entire league today before you call someone out

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this. rex marty and geno need to be together next year. stability and continuity will pay dividends moving forward

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Hopefully this team gets blown out tomorrow so Rex gets canned. This team losing over 7 games by 10+ or more points would be hard for Rex to survive. Regardless of this opinionated report....

6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I think it's undeniable it has an affect, and I am not the social networking type. I have no twitter, facebook, etc but no denying how huge it has become.

7. Mitch_Dumstein

Nice classy language

Me while back on topic 2006 just may have been the absolute worst QB bust draft in the history of the NFL

Here are the first six quarterbacks selected

1 Vince Young

2 Matt Leinart

3 Kellen Clemons

4 Tarvaris Jackson

5 Charlie Whitehurst

6 Brodie Croyle

8. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Is this actual news? It's basically saying that, at this point in time, Rex is more likely to be retained than he is to be let go. Ignoring how Week 17 and the final decision-making process could impact whether Rex stays or goes, I have to chalk this up to ESPN taking a random quote or two and running with it. They could probably take quotes from executives throughout the league on whether they believe it's more likely that coaches on particular teams will be retained or canned but they wouldn't be as newsworthy because they're not about the Jets.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

so if we loose 24-20 to presumably a better team would that be considered a no show?

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Knowing the Jets track record on road games this year, they will lose in typical blowout fashion or pull out a tight win.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No, if the Jets come out and look like they don't even care to be on the field and get shredded all day it will be considered a no show. If they lose 24-20 that's obviously a close game.

12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Good news. Hoefully we don't draft defense in the first though unless its BPA and a position of need.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

And with the 12th pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Jets select Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame.

ESPN Reporter: So Rex, what do you think about your newest addition, Louis Nix?
    Rex: Well I'll tell you what, obviously he's a very talented kid and all that stuff that's obviously why we picked him with our first pick. Louis was #1 on our draft board so to be able to get him at #12 obviously we felt like we got tremendous value and all that stuff at that position, obviously. I'll tell you what though, you can say what you want about our defense and all that but I'll tell you what though, we're going to stop the run.

#53 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

There were never any indications that Rex was getting fired actually. The only thing that sparked it was the fact that Rex told his team what he said. Other than that, everything we had heard was nothing more than speculation and opinions from the media.

This is clearly what Woody wanted, a good healthy relationship between Rex and Idzik. As long as Rex knows whos in charge and hes not influencing the personal like he did with Tannenbaum, it could work out.

15. Mangold Goldman

Glad about this decision, but if we lose 35-6 tomorrow, curious to see if that changes at all. I really want to see a spirited effort, to show that management is making the right Decision here

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

ESPN, home of the douchebags that had this team ranked dead last in the NFL (below the Jaguars and Raiders) and whose beady-eyed draft hack Mel Kuntper described as a glorified expansion team.

..... those backpedaling ESPN prognosticators ..... eff 'em

17. Mitch_Dumstein

Cool stpry

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Cool duplicate account ... and all that stuff, obviously.

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

What up sg3

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

It also insures that our offense wont be better than average (at best).