ESPN radio just reported that.......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by freshjuicyj, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Rcky_Mtn_Falcon

Rcky_Mtn_Falcon New Member

Thanks for the props PhillyJet. I'm a diehard Falcons fan, but would like to see this trade go down in a fair and equitable manner.

Without the Seahawks 3rd as a known quantity, and I haven't seen that reported anywhere, so we have to assume it's only Seattle's #1 pick.

Assuming that trade value wise, our 1st is worth a lot more than Seattles.

I had even suggested yesterday our 1st for Abraham + the Jet's 3rd and 4th. I know it sounds like a lot for the Jets to give up, but looking at the trade value chart it's still 113 points better than Seattle's offer. That's how big a disparity there is between the 31st pick and the 15th. That's the reality.

This would give the Jets 3 picks in the top 35, and allow us to recoup some picks later in the draft.

I think the reason we're not willing to give up our 1st is we're targeting Jimmy Williams, or Broderick Bunkley, if they're gone maybe a trade down..

2. atlantafan1987

atlantafan1987 New Member

Well put......the Jets GM goes ahead and agrees to a deal with the seahawks that gives them what is essentially a 2nd round pick dressed up as a 1st and then turns around expecting us to pony up our 15th overall pick....unbelievable.
    15th>>>>>>>>>31st

3. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Ah shut your trap. Abraham is worth the 15th pick overall. Get over it or move on.

4. atlantafan1987

yea because we all know that the 15th overall pick is equal to the 31st overall pick....lol.

5. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

Who you hell you going to take at 15 Tamba Hali please ..you will be tossing a shit load of money at an unproven player. While you have a 3 time probowler who is an absolute freak on the pass rush..not to mention Hali might not even be there..

6. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

LoL?enjoy drafting an unproven prospect with your 15th overall pick.

Peace out.

7. atlantafan1987

thats perfectly fine by me

8. atlantafan1987

the money we toss out at the unproven player will only be a fraction of what we would have to give Abraham. When your front office comes to the conclusion that the 31st overall pick is equal value for Abraham its kind of hard to convince anyone to fork over a pick thats worth twice as much.

9. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

It?s also perfectly fine by me having the 4th and the 31st overall pick.:)

10. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

You keep saying that the 15th is better than the 31st, but the 31st is that much better than the 47th overall (in case you can't tell, the 31st falls right between the 15th and 47th).

And don't tell me that TJ Duckett is worth moving down from the 31st to the 47th.

11. atlantafan1987

hey I would be willing to give up schaub and a 2nd or a 2nd and 3rd or whatever but the 1st rounder better remain untouchable. To pay out double of what the seahawks are offering is flat out ridiculous.

12. phillyjet

phillyjet New Member

Hey boys, these falcon fans are engaging in very reasonable discussion. Lighten up. We are trying to beat the value of the 31st overall pick, and also trying to accomodate the concerns on the other side.

I still, however, think packaging Abe with both the 3rd and 4th round picks of the Jets is way too steep to meet the value of the 15th overall pick in the draft. Keep in mind that:

1) The jets' picks are at the top of the 3rd and 4th rounds, so to consider them the same as any 3rd or 4th round pick is not defensible.
    2) The Jets not only wish to have 3 picks in the top 35, but they need to retain flexibility to trade up with New Orleans if they desire Leinart. That will likely require multiple picks, and so I doubt they will move more than one pick with Abe.

However, I hear what you are saying, and I would counter with the deal-maker:
    Jets trade Abe and their third round pick to Atlanta for the 15th overall pick. This would still work for all involved. For the Jets, they can trade back in the first round, acquiring a late-first that exceeds Seattle's pick and reacquiring a late-second or a third round pick. For Atlanta, they would get Abe, a mid-second, high third, and mid-third round pick. That would give them enough ammo to get back into the late first round to grab a player they covet.

I think that is as far as the Jets would consider going. I don't see them giving up their 4th round picks. Keep in mind that the worst case scenario for the Jets is that they keep Abe; this is not a bluff by the Jets. Atlanta needs Abe more than we need their package of picks.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

f u juice boy

14. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

15. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

last time i checked, we have a lombardi trophy. how many have you got? :rofl: :wink:

16. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Wow. There's an uncharacteristic post.

18. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

It's with the 15th overall, or he goes to Seattle. That is the reality of the situation.

19. lightning

lightning Active Member

I just hope they can agree on a contract, no need for all that bullshit anymore. It seems like i've had a headache for the past week.

20. Rcky_Mtn_Falcon

Rcky_Mtn_Falcon New Member

Let's not forget you got that Lombardi three years after we became a franchise. What's it been 37 years ??? So it's not like you're winnning the SB every year like your AFC East brethren.

:pats_suck: But they sure have a lot of hardware. That's gotta hurt.