ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

We've all heard gregg shout about the place. I have full faith that he can shout and pump up a defense without someone else interjecting.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

One of the problems with Adams and this contract dispute (besides everything else that's been discussed) is that a lot of his game is based on high energy, compassion, and emotional leadership. Think Brian Dawkins, Ray Lewis, and those sort of players that literally raise the energy of everyone else on the unit.

Those types of guys NEVER had big vocal contract disputes likey this because they were locker room leaders and their message falls on deaf ears if they pulled shit like this.

He can't return for that reason, among many others.

jetstopgun and SOJAZ like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

He didn't really say he doesn't speak to the players at half time though, he said he doesn't address the team as a whole.

Gase isn't the first head coach in the league that isn't the high energy pump up half time speech guy. Some guys are the rah rah type, some aren't. Head coaches some times make sure they keep a dude like that on their staff (also Gregg Williams) because they're not good at it.

FJF, SOJAZ and chandler like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't know any Jets fan who wanted Adam Gase to be the next Head Coach of the Jets. I am probably not remembering correctly, as there is always somebody, but most Jets fans did not even understand why he was interviewed. However, once he was hired, you need to get on board and give him a chance. I did. I thought he handled the 2019 season pretty well for all the disasters he had to deal with. Hopefully (besides a pandemic) he can have a smooth 2020 and we can truly evaluate his coaching abilities.

I think Jamal Adams lacks common sense. He was used to Todd Bowles walking over and helping with the defense, making adjustments, etc at Halftime. Then in 2019, he is like Coach Gase barely talks to us! He is only talking to the offense!

I think it is basic knowledge that Gase was running the offense and Williams was running the defense. Maybe Gase should take on more of an overall leadership role as Head Coach, but this shocks no one.

FJF and Since1969 like this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Let's be honest here, I doubt very much that Williams wanted Gase talking to any of the defence lol

SOJAZ and The Dark Knight like this.
  6. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I'm not going to pretend that i know what works for the NFL, but i do know a lot of harvard business school types have seriously called into question the idea of rah-rah types for leadership, see, e.g., Leading Quietly; See also The Myth of the Strong Leader. In short it make a good show (see Rex) but they say the real issue is results. If you get results people will start listening following (and in fact the leader should be listening and learning too)

SOJAZ, MaximusD163 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is why Gase and Loggains are an absolutely horrendous combo. Gase has no idea how to be a head coach so he leans on Loggains who has made every team he’s gone to worse.

HomeoftheJets and SOJAZ like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

One more thing I will say: I have been outspoken at how poorly I feel Jamal Adams has handled himself and this situation for this last calendar year, but it is alarming if there is truly a lack of communication with this franchise. If I was Joe Douglas or Adam Gase, I would reach out to Adams all of the time to try to settle this down. We don't know if they truly have not, but it is fair to believe Jamal on that at least.

Communication is so important in everything in life, but definitely in team sports. I want the Jets to all be in this together, from the General Manager to the Head Coach, to Sam Darnold, to new punter Braden Mann, to the towel boy on the sideline. The team needs to be on the same page and, at least in this moment, it feels like they are not and that is a problem.

Aero likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

I was going to mention Rex. We've had Rex & Herm two guys who probably give some of the best half time speeches in the NFL (I'd run through a brick wall for Rex, let's be real). Unbalanced messaging and high energy like that fades and gives you seasons like 2013 where every win was the Super Bowl and every game that followed was a deflating balloon.

I don't know what works in the NFL considering a lot of these guys are just turning into me first mercenaries (don't blame them either to an extent), but high energy pump up speeches don't need to come from the head coach.

FJF likes this.
  10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Not for what he said about the owner, suspend him for what he said about the COACH. Like him of not, Adam Gase IS the jets coach and Gase AND Adams are under contract to the new york jets. When a player goes public and claims that the coach is weak/distant or won't get the team to the super bowl, etc. IMO suspend him from the team complex and make him sit on his ass. Who the hell does Adams think he is? Badmouthing the team's coach to force a trade--They should require him him sit for a year without salary and then move him next spring. No player should be allowed to do what Adams is doing to the jets! Don't trade him now--that is just what he wants and would set a terrible precedent.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

There's a thread for this, bub. And that's not really going to solve anything. It just adds more gasoline to a bonfire.

apjbfc likes this.
  12. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

Yep, im sure being the only person in the stadium would surely get the point across...lol

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I can’t say I really care since Adam Gase is objectively a bad coach yet our genius owners bought his BS in an interview and went with him. I am almost certain they will never even make the playoffs with Adam Gase.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

In hindsight, he should've been traded last October. Well, maybe not in hindsight....

15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Sorry, bub, but the posted thread deals with trading Adams. I'm urging a suspension for ANY player, not just Adams, who publicly downgrades his coach, bub. IMO , a suspension is markedly different from a trade, bub. And if you think that a team standing up for their coach v. an individual player running his mouth is adding "gasoline to a bonfire," then we have a difference of opinion. How long do you think Lombardi or Belicheck would stand for a player outing his coach, bub?.

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt Vince or Bill B would not address the team in the locker room at halftime.

Let’s face it - like him or not Mangini was the last coach we have had that even had a clue about both sides of the ball. The position is HEAD Coach, but the fucking Jets keep hiring guys that are glorified coordinators that don’t seem to even give a shit about the other units.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So far, the results suck.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Mangini got a raw deal. He knew talent and how to build a team. He had a mini-dictator attitude sometimes and was a bit of a weeble wobble in stature and attitude but he built the AFC championship teams and every person we drafted under him served a purpose.

Could never understand why he never floated around the league after the Browns + brief stint with the 49ers. Probably because Belichick blackballed him.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree about Mangini, he got a raw deal and Rex took his team to 2 AFC Championship Games

Acad23 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Oh, the irony of this whole thing. Jamal wants to be traded, the GM wants to comply with a good to great deal for both parties, but Jamal irresponsible big mouth/little brain behavior makes it difficult for other teams to want his baggage and pay him the big bucks. His last public comment, true or not, was absolutely irresponsible and idiotic. Send his ass to Carolina or Texas or to the team dumb enough to back up the truck with cash.
    Great talent on the field does not warrant the major headache, otherwise Antonio Brown and others would be happily employed by a top organization.

jetstopgun and FJF like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.