ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Hmmm question? ... do you really think he won’t do it again? ANY HC this would be wrong....if he Felt this strongly about Gase say this to His face! say this to the Organization privately !!....What you don’t do is say this to the press!! I don’t Know...I was always taught if you had a problem with an employee tell them to there face!...You don’t air dirty laundry in the press.. Or talk behind there back ..And again let me stay I’m not a big fan of Gase .. As far as I’m concerned he’s on the hot seat he has to get results this season or he should be fired...But have a little class don’t rip the guy in the Public

#1181 jetstopgun, Jul 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    SOJAZ likes this.
  2. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Hmmm question? ... do you really think he won’t do it again? ANY HC this would be wrong....if he Felt this strongly about Gase say this to His face!say this to the Organization privately !!....What you don’t do is say this to the press!! I don’t Know...I was always taught if you had a problem with an employee tell them to there face!...You don’t air dirty laundry in the press or talk behind somebody’s back. And again let me stay I’m not a big fan of Gase .. As far as I’m concerned he’s on the hot seat he has to get results this season or he should be fired...But have a little class don’t rip the guy in the Public

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

and

After thinking about it, you're both right. Thanks for calling me on it. I was really angry about his running his mouth again earlier, but I don't wish he'd get injured. I wish Douglas would try to trade him and not one team would offer anything for him, not even a 7th round draft pick. Then Adams would have to crawl back, make public apologies to all, keep his mouth shut and play. Maybe, just maybe, that would humble him and make him grow up.

4. i find wishing minor inconvieniences is a great substitute when letting off steam.

Hope Jamal stubs his toe half asleep on the way to bathroom in the middle of the night

Hope Jamal gets cut in line at the DMV right before they close

Hope it rains for the entire week’s vacation Jamal takes to Turks & Cacos

Hope when Jamal finally gets traded & has to fly in for a physical, that he has to take a commercial flight out of Newark,gets moved to coach & sits with a group of Jet fans he happened to block on twitter.

it’s the small things.And nobody’s well being is compromised

NCJetsfan and Cromartie's_kid like this.
  5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

A bit wild what this has come to.

1. Douglas told Jamal if he continues his antics no one will want him. That was one of the things I was thinking myself along the way. So Adams doubles down on his behavior. What team would want to trade for a guy who can’t keep anything in-house?

2. Adams calls out Gase nine months too late for it to be something he took genuine issue with. He is demanding a trade at this point. But again, who wants a player who openly badmouths the head coach?

3. Is Gase not addressing the whole team at halftime a big deal? Greg Williams completely runs the defense, is it so weird to leave defensive halftime adjustments to him? Honest question.

4. I think Adams is watching way too much House of Cards or Succession or something. Seems to think he’s winning some game of manipulation.

5. Where the hell is his agent? Who is encouraging him through all of this?

NCJetsfan, Vida, jetstopgun and 2 others like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A hundred or so posts since the articles came out and no one is asking the right question. If Gase was actually not in the locker room at halftime talking to his players where was he? Don't try to tell me making adjustments to the game plan.

Here's the article from Newsday:

Jamal Adams says Jets are open to trading him

By Bob Glauber @BobGlauber Updated July 24, 2020 10:26 AM

Jets safety Jamal Adams said general manager Joe Douglas has told him the team would be willing to trade him before the season if there is a good enough offer from another team, according to a published report Friday.

The disgruntled safety told the Daily News that he had “mixed feelings” about the latest development in his ongoing contract dispute with the team, but that “at the end of the day, my happiness is more important. I know my worth. I’m going to stand on my beliefs. I’m going to stand on who I am as a person, and I’m not ever going to change who I am for somebody who’s judging me. Either you accept me for who I am and you work with me and support me, or you don’t. It’s OK if you don’t.”

Adams, who had an All-Pro season in 2019 and is entering his fourth season, has expressed the desire for a new contract. Douglas said at the scouting combine in February that he wanted Adams to be “a Jet for life,” but the two sides have not engaged in serious negotiations for a new deal. Adams is under contract through the 2021 season, and the Jets have the right to designate him as their franchise player in 2022, meaning they control his contractual rights for the next three seasons.

Adams also criticized head coach Adam Gase and cited his relationship with Gase as a factor in wanting to leave the organization.

“I don’t feel like he’s the right leader for this organization to reach the Promised Land,” Adams said. “As a leader, what really bothers me is that he doesn’t have a relationship with everybody in the building. At the end of the day, he doesn’t address the team. If we’re playing [poorly] and we’re losing, he doesn’t address the entire team as a group at halftime. He’ll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it.”

Adams, who said he will report to the team when veterans are scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, told the paper that Douglas said earlier in the year he would begin contract negotiations during the offseason but that the GM backed off that plan as the weeks and months went by. Douglas eventually told Adams that the team preferred to wait until next offseason to engage in talks on a new deal and to “monitor him” to determine his loyalty to the franchise.

“It was very insulting,” Adams said. “I bust my [butt] for that organization every day. For them to say that to me, I was like, ‘OK … Whoa! That was a little bit too far.”

The Jets have not commented on the story.

While the Jets have not publicly questioned Adams’ loyalty, officials within the organization may be leery of the safety’s frequent complaints about his contract and some cryptic public comments about wanting to leave the team. Last month, a video surfaced showing Adams, driving in a parking lot near his offseason home near Dallas, responding to a fan who asked if he will end up playing for the Cowboys, Adams’ favorite team growing up. “I’m trying, bro,” Adams said.

Earlier this week, Adams expressed his thoughts about a story on Jets owner Woody Johnson, who is under investigation for allegedly making inappropriate remarks about women and minorities in his role as the U.S. Ambassador to the United Kingdom. Johnson has denied the allegations. Adams wrote on social media, “We need the right people at the top. Wrong is wrong.”

As for Jets fans, many of whom have expressed frustration that Adams wants out, he expressed appreciation for their passion.

“If they don’t like something, they speak about it, just like I speak about it,” Adams said. “I have nothing but love and respect for Jets fans. They’re some loyal fans as far as sticking with the team. Showing up to games, wearing jerseys. I respect it. But when an organization starts to disrespect you like this, it’s just time to move on, and it has nothing to do with the fans.”

It’s uncertain whether Douglas would be able to pull off a trade that would be acceptable in terms of draft-choice compensation or the acquisition of veteran players. While some teams, including the Ravens, Seahawks and Cowboys, have a need at safety, there has so far been nothing serious enough for Douglas to consider moving on from Adams.

In the meantime, the acrimonious relationship continues as training camp is just days away.

#1186 Ralebird, Jul 25, 2020
  7. twown

twown Well-Known Member

If that actually happened:

"Dude, I actually sat next to Jamal Adams on a recent flight! I couldn't believe it. I wasn't going to say shit to him, but then I finally told him wtf cause he blocked me on twitter just for calling out his attitude. He was actually pretty cool about it. He said how people just didn't understand the whole situation because of blah blah blah, and I could kind of see his point because when you really think about it, blah blah blah. Then I got a pic with him and he showed me how he had all the Cowboys in his contacts. It was hilarious. I asked if he wanted a blow job, but he said maybe later. Cool guy. I can't believe we let him go."

:rolleyes:

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm not giving away the whole year but you just won the month of July.

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

If this were the NBA, Gase would be gone.

Once football starts I truly do not think that Jamal is the type of guy that lets something like this carry on to the field or to his teammates. Will he tweet something stupid, probably but not bad enough to affect the players.
    The best way to stick it to him if you really want to is to NOT trade him, do not offer an extension and then franchise tag him.

10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The dude is a pro.

I read he'll report to camp which doesn't surprise me.

Stupid Jets break the bank for crummy players or guys that live on IR then play hardball with this guy. He's the second or third best player out of that draft class. Two other players have already received a long term extension out of that draft class no reason for the Jets to continue this nonsense.

Pay him already.

11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

This is the kind of self inflicted distraction, stupidity the Jets seem to bring upon themselves.

It sooooo doesn't have to be this way yet the Jets bring it upon themselves.

Top ten pick + turned out to be a superstud = re-sign him to a long term deal

It's 1 + 1 yet the Jets have to make it complicated.

The stinkin' Browns extended Garret coming off a suspension!!!!! The Jets let it get to this point with Jamal Adams. *shakes head*

Btw that top ten in that 2017 draft class is looking like one for the ages and the Jets got one of those players! Still a bit early sure is looking that way.

Aero and Noam like this.
  12. Vida

Vida Active Member

[​IMG]

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

So you truly think it would be smart for Joe Douglas to extend Adams and make him the highest paid safety in the league and one of the highest paid players in the league when he still has 2 years left on his contract, we are in the middle of a pandemic, and we still have Darnold hovering in the background?

Let's say this season goes on as normal and Darnold blows up. Let's say we signed Adams to the money he would likely command. We would now have to sign Darnold to a monster contract to match other franchise QBs and we have a ton of money tied up at safety.

I'm sorry, but spending that much money at the safety position is not a smart move, especially when you still are figuring out if you need to sign your QB long term. Jamal Adams is one of the best players in the league, but unfortunately for him, he plays a position that does not demand huge spending. I would much rather get rid of this fuckin asshat and role with Marcus Maye and Ashtyn Davis. Let another team waste millions upon millions on the safety position.

The hypocrisy is insane. Everyone knows damn well how miserable it was getting out of the cap hell we were in with Mac and Idzik. Spending aimlessly at positions and locking our hands when we really needed to spend. We now have a safety who has 2 years left on his deal. We have a young QB who will possibly make a HUGE leap and become the franchise guy. Yet people still think it's logical to tie up massive money into Adams.

And using the Browns as an example does not bode well for your argument

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Now I can't believe I have read through 4 or 5 pages of his latest antics and that guy hasn't been on to stick his tongue in Adams ringpiece as per usual.

Maybe he has finally found the taste, along with the attitude disgusting.

I doubt it though.

15. Vida

Vida Active Member

Regardless of what you think of Gase, Adams is completely in the wrong in airing his dirty laundry in public. It's ridiculously immature and he is doing himself no favours particularly when it is clear his problem is not Gase, Douglas or Johnson but his desire to get a long term big money deal.

I love Adams as a player, was considering buying his jersey last season - but as a professional athlete he is doing himself no favours. Professionalism extends off the field and the immaturity he has shown by whining on twitter/Instagram or whatever platform he is on and going and feeding quotes to Mehta shows that he has a long way to go to be considered a true professional.

16. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Team builidng 101

Who are you currently paying? - mosley 18mill a year, williamson -8 mill, both contracts that Joe D did not offer. We are still trying to get out of Macs contracts and have the ability for Joe to have his.

Whats ahead - Corona virus is going to mean league revenues are down, with a reduced cap likley to come next year. I fully believe that what Joe said at the combine was sincere, but with everything that has happened, you have to press pause where you can.

Who do ypu want to pay - its clear that Joe hasn'thad his chance to pay who he wants yet. However its coming and I fully beleive that Jamal and Sam were condsidered breadrock peices of the puzzle.

I feel that the jets want to get through this season across the org and see whats worked and what has not. Including player and coach evaluation.

The only person whos causing damage is Jamal and if his performance drops, he will be in no mans land.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Imagesrdecieving and Falco21 like this.
  17. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Where did all the fans who wanted Gase because he is a young innovative coach and the game has past Mike McCarthy by go?

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Just because Gase is the absolute wrong answer doesn’t mean McCarthy was the right answer.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm not supporting Gase. But I will call out Jamal's specific complaints against Gase:

1- "Gase is not friends with a single player on the team".

OK...so you want a player-friendly HC that parties with you during the bye week? Well, most HCs don't strike up personal relationships with his players. But I have seen vids of Gase laughing with and chatting it up with players working out on the field during TC. That's close enough, and I can't fault Gase for not being a 'buddy' off the field.

2- "Gase never addresses the team in the locker room during half time, even if we're losing. He defers to other coaches"

Since Jamal plays on D, I assume the 'other coach' Gase defers to is Gregg Williams, the team's DC. Again, not terrible. Gase is not a rah-rah fire brand Rex Ryan type. I can't see Gase climbing up on a trainers table and rallying the team. Not his style. Deferring to his OC/DC at halftime to go over the remaining game plan doesn't seem like a 'fireable offense'.

edit: to me, hearing about Gase's very complex offense that's difficult to learn reminds me a bit of Shottenheimer's game plans. Lots of shifts, looks, pre-snap attempts to figure out what the D is up to, etc. The opposite of a '3 yards and a cloud of dust offense'. Every player has a specific assignment that has to interlock with the other 10 players, that kind of thing.

If this is true, than we should see a lot more out of our offense gong into year 2. The players that were here last year won't be 'figuring it out' as much while on the field, and can help explain it to the new players as they go. They can all play faster. I guess we'll see!

#1199 Footballgod214, Jul 25, 2020
    Falco21 likes this.
  20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

The one thing that makes me think Adams is full of shit is the fact that ZERO other players have come out stating that Gase does not speak to his players at halftime. That is a crushing statement, if true.

I think you are spot on with your view on Gregg Williams likely speaking with them. And if that is true, I couldn't care less. Greg Williams has proven he's a great defensive mind. Let Williams handle the adjustments and let Gase handle his offense. In fact, the more I think about it, I hope that is the case.

Footballgod214 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.