ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I cant stand the guy..

Came to that realization this morning.Hes been a constant headache since yr 2.For all his hype,talent & perpetual “me me me” on social media his play hasnt translated to any wins. He wants to get paid like hes a difference maker. And you know what? He IS a difference maker..his negativity creates a dark cloud that makes all the difference.

Send him down toTampa w his soulmate Bowles,Brady & the rest of the assholes.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It isn't all that bad, agreed; it's just a window into the world of what's to come with this guy. Adams has too much pride to turn into a lazy slob after a pay day, no way; but IMO it would behoove him to shut his mouth about "the whole story", even after it's settled here or anywhere else. If he just said, "Time for the Jets to talk to me, wish me luck Jets fans!", but he has a habit of carrying on about it to anyone who will listen.

If the Jets were trying to shuffle some playing cards around by "moving him" to Dallas but mostly as a trade bait "move", then he should be flattered. If nothing happened in January, then maybe they're calling his bluff and maybe for once the Jets aren't as fucking stupid as they always are.

At this point all I keep thinking of every time Adams opens his mouth is that he thinks he's 'The Duke of New York':

We all know how the movie ends, though, lol.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

"I can't stand this guy", LMAO. And I heard the whole thing in Paul Harvey's voice, like when he was telling a story about the invention of the paperclip or something, "And now you know the rest of the story."

NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I haven't seen the Jets say anything on the situation other than "we think Jamal is a great player, we want him to be a Jet for life and we'll talk to him at some point after the draft about discussing a contract." There's been no "we're going to make him an offer" or "it's time to renegotiate his contract" or "we think he's underpaid and we're going to fix it."

Jamal Adams has his own agenda, which is to get paid as much as possible for the work he does. This agenda is not the Jets agenda and clearly it's not going to become the dominant agenda in a year in which Jamal Adams is under contract for two more seasons.

A player who spends a lot of time saying "PAY ME" is not a player that you are likely to win anything with one way or the other. My guess is the Jets are biding their time and waiting for the right opportunity to trade Adams. They've probably heard enough at this point to know that for all their protestations about wanting to make Adams a Jet for life that is just not going to happen.

Tail wagging dog.

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

How often do teams win the Super Bowl by paying one or two players massive amounts of money? Drastically dilutes the talent at every other position because you can't pay them and overall the team disappoints.

6. Br4d

If the player they are paying is a QB they have a shot if the QB is really good and everything goes just right.

If the team is already loaded for bear and they're just missing the one piece they have a better shot, albeit it is likely the team will break up rapidly thereafter as other players look to get paid and depart when the cap and the huge contract say no.

If you're in any other situation you're likely dealing with a sadsack franchise looking to make a splash and no, they will never win anything based on that signing.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I know a point of contention is that any draft picks we'd get back are a crapshoot and likely to not be as good as Adams has been. But, I'd almost rather take my chances on the lottery tickets yielding cheap players who won't throw a fit on social media when something doesn't go their way. Maybe we'll finally land that stud pass rusher we've lacked since Abraham was traded.

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Big Ben is good, but the absurd amount they are paying him has been costing the Steelers.
    Packers haven't won anything since paying out Aaron Rodgers. They've let quality receivers go so they could afford him. They've been lacking at RB and TE.
    Ravens paid Flacco ridiculus money and lost tons of talent because they could no longer afford quality receivers that made Flacco look better than he was.
    Lions and Matt Stafford?

History keeps showing that as teams pay ridiculous salaries to QBs, the rest of the team suffers.

Br4d and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

It will be interesting to see what happens at Chiefs after they give Mahomes the monster deal that he undoubtedly deserve. Will he be the kind of QB that other players want to play with that much that they settle for less money just to have a chance to do so.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Steelers have been perennial playoff contenders under Ben. Last year they struggled but because he was hurt, not because of his contract.

The Packers just made the NFC Championship Game. Yeah they haven't won a Super Bowl with an expensive Rodgers, but only 1 out of 32 teams gets to do that.

The problem with Flacco wasn't his contract, it was that he was never that good in the first place. As long as Jackson stays healthy and keeps his speed, the Ravens will win even while paying him Flacco money.

Stafford is better than Flacco but not that great. But the bigger problem in Detroit is Patricia is a terrible coach, and the whole organization is a disaster.

Will-I-Am-Not, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  11. Br4d

100%. The Steelers have been able to stay competitive because Ben Roethlisberger is a great QB. They haven't been dominant because they have paid him and one or two other guys at a time like they were a tenth of the team each and that catches up to you very quickly.

12. Br4d

Odds are against Mahomes winning another SB after he gets paid. Very few teams have managed to overcome the SB aftermath of paying a QB huge sums.

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Unless he does what Brady did. Tom still got paid but didn't really break the bank and that allowed the Pats to keep a strong team around him.

14. Br4d

The Steelers have had two great seasons since they started paying Roethlisberger 10%+ of the cap. They lost a wildcard game in one of them.

One of the reasons the Steelers look so good over the last decade is that they share a division with the Browns and the Bengals and the Ravens went into the wilderness years after they paid Flacco and before they drafted Jackson.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Br4d

The Pats cheat all over the cap, or at least they did under the old CBA. It will be interesting to see if their "loopholes" are allowed to make a mockery of the cap moving forward.

16. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

trade adams for ngakoue

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with you that if the Jets had told Adams a contract offer would be forthcoming in January, and then neither submitted the offer nor didn't contact him to let him know that they had changed their minds, and no offer would be forthcoming until after the upcoming season was over, that they are wrong. They should be true to their word. I"m not sure what to think. I wouldn't put it past Adams to lie and say he was told that when he wasn't or to have misunderstood/misconstrued something. I want to think that Douglas is better and smarter than to not be true to his word, but after the mess this past season with injured Jets, I'm not sure that he is. No GM is perfect. If he is great with the draft and FA, I can overlook some mistakes with handling contracts, but making mistakes there could undermine what he does in the draft and FA, and could cause outside FAs to not want to play for the Jets or even Jets draft picks to want to remain with the team after their rookie contract is done. It is concerning to me.

I love Adams on the field, and I love that he was making his voice heard in Dallas over justice and race issues. I don't like his whining in social media. Even if Douglas hasn't dealt with him fairly and honestly, that isn't an excuse for going on social media and whining. Just keep his yap shut and either determine to wait and see what they offer you next year, determine to play out his rookie contract and walk, or demand a trade through his agent. He's only hurting himself with other owners/teams by kvetching on social media.

18. NCJetsfan

I'd be down with this in a NY minute

19. NCJetsfan

The city may be nice, but the team sucks. I wouldn't want to trade him to a division rival where we'd have to face him twice a year. I agree with trading him to Detroit or Seattle or someplace like that. He'd love to go to the Cowboys. I HATE the Cowboys and wouldn't want to make them better, but they're already in a mess with Dak contract-wise. No way they'd be able to pay Dak, Cooper, Elliott, Lawrence and Adams. That would put them in cap hell for the next decade. They'd have to jettison half their team and use rookies and street FAs. LOL

20. Hes gonna be more expensive than Adams.If we can somehow extend him,figure out how to pay Darnold in 2 yrs while staying competitive im All for it.

Would love to ship that entitled punk down to the Jax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.