ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That's the same exact article that I THOUGHT I posted a couple of posts back, only it's a slightly different source. I got the quote right, but I was juggling oranges at the same time and posted a picture by mistake; so when people say that I make no sense, they're more right than usual. Damn it.

I think that's why no-one said anything. I waited it out a little to see if someone would drum up the guts to kick political correctness to the curb and call me an "offensive" name. No takers, so I fixed it. It makes sense now. I think. o_O

2. jetophile

I think you're cutting Jamal Adams a little too much slack. I have to be honest, the second that I heard he was running his mouth on social media ad nauseum I was already done.

I realize that comparing a job as a professional athlete to a Regular Joe job is like comparing apples to oranges - more like apples to lug nuts - but if you try to look at it as objectively as possible, Jamal Adams just isn't very smart. Why do some of these guys think that rattling cages in all the wrong ways helps them make a good case for themselves? Or better yet, garners sympathy from REGULAR JOES?

He's acting like he's Norma Rae or something. He isn't. Kick him in his ass.

The Dark Knight and K'OB like this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm not allowed to comment o_O

Brook! likes this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Lol. Love you :)

K'OB likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Nothing. The dumbass will lose a year of service and be fined $30k a day. It will hurt him and his reputation as a leader and team-first player. If the Jets traded him, they'd be moving on and playing without him anyway, and if they trade him for draft picks, that wouldn't help them this season anyway. He would be the only one to be hurt.

Brook! likes this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

we'll see folks. the last thing anyone wants these days is a disgruntled player.

if I'm GM.....i trade his ass for a 1 and 3, conditional 5th. My strong safety is not going to lead me to and THRU the playoffs. But my QB better do it and its my responsibility to surround that QB with tools.

You just cannot pay the safety top dollar, just cannot do it. And he wants top dollar. See ya.

K'OB likes this.
  7. jetophile

[​IMG]

8. K'OB

You need a British passport my dear :D:D:D

9. jetophile

I'm adopted but my biological bloodline, I do have some English in there, haha.

Gallows, ludicrous, and the theatre of the absurd, that's me. You don't ever want to get me started laughing during something solemn. You'll regret it. I almost got thrown out of St. Peter's Basilica in Rome if that tells you anything. The Swiss Guard almost blinked. Almost.

It's a very funny story that is so worthy of telling, hahaha.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/ny-jets-jamal-adams-dallas-cowboys-longshot

^Anyway, why doesn't this in some respect fall under tampering? And did I miss something that Adams wants to go play for Dallas but threw a fit when it leaked that Joe Douglass talked to Dallas?

NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Njoku requested a trade. I'd love to ship Jamal's ass to Cleveland for Njoku and 2-3 more picks. Herndon and a healthy Njoku would be fantastic for Sam. Odds are we never even pick up the phone to call but I'd be a fan if we did.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We just gave Griffin a new deal no chance were trading for njoku

12. BroadwayAaron

It's more or less a one year deal, I wouldn't let that hold up a deal for Njoku. But that's also why I said we probably wouldn't even pick up the phone to make the call. Also until we have a coach that proves he can make literally any kind of offense work without Peyton Manning, it won't really make a difference.

13. K'OB

Why has he requested a trade?

If it is because he thinks he isn't going to see enough ball at Cleaveland due to them signing two new TE's and with Mayfield lobbing the ball at OBJ loads then yes he has always looked a promising player to me, broke a bone in his hand/wrist last season as well didn't he?

14. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Njoku has never done anything other than be athletic and get hurt.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

It would be nice to have a really creative OC. We could adjust lineups for game situations or opponents. Some games or situations, we could go with a traditional 3 WRs & one TE. In others, we could go 2 WRs and 2 TEs. In still others, we could go 3 TEs and 1 WR. I'd think that there would be some good possibilities with a 3 TE & 1 WR offense and Bell in the backfield. Mims/Perriman, Herndon and Njoku can all get downfield and would be hard for a CB to cover. Bell, Crowder, and Griffin could work underneath stuff. Plays could be mixed between quick hitters and plays that took a little longer to develop and keep opposing Ds off balance. If the OL is as good as I think it can be, Sam would have time to let the longer plays develop.

#915 NCJetsfan, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  16. Ryan Griffin is a decent player but by no means should he stand in the way of upgrading the offense and/or TE position. He’d be great as a 3rd string utility type but even so think Wesco could beat him out

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

I think you just blew Gase's mind.

HomeoftheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

He played all 16 his first two seasons and his second season was pretty solid. With the right team, he'd be a very good player. Not sure we could be considered "the right team" for as long as Gase is running the offense but I sure wouldn't mind trying.

19. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

I soured on him bc he was a high draft pick labeled as raw and athletic and has not broken out or been reliable to this point.

56 catches 639 yards is fine but I don’t think TE is an especially weak position for us and I guess I don’t want him to be the main return if we moved Jamal.

20. NCJetsfan

LOL I certainly hope not, but maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.