ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There is zero chance I'd move Adams in any deal that includes OBJ. He's not that far away from the receiver cliff and complains even more than Adams.

The Jets would be smart to try to restore the franchise to respectability and then try to deal Adams for a 1 and a 2 after the season.

LAJet, NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Shaddup already. There are rare times that I mildly regret not belonging to social media of any kind and there's one reason for that and one reason only: so I could troll people who deserve it. "The best tackle of your career was against Pat Patriot." Someone go do it for me. Thanks.

Adams has done some really nice things with fans, and for that I really commend him. Unfortunately, he's not learning through osmosis from other social media addicts/idiots of what NOT to do.

Granted he hasn't done anything egregious online, he conducts and comports himself with dignity, he doesn't get into trouble of any kind, he plays with passion, so it's not even a matter of him taking the high road here. He just can't resist the temptation to run his mouth against himself.

Anyone remember how he 'unliked' the Jets, or 'unfriended' or 'disconnected' from the Jets or whatever it is you retards do over Dallas? It's just a harbinger of things to come. And I LIKE Adams, don't get me wrong.

Final analysis just like my initial analysis earlier in the thread: kick him in his ass but not to a rival.

K'OB and Brook! like this.
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Imagine the posts on this board if they dished Adams for OBJ and OBJ inevitably started whining.

They’d be better off dishing him for two draft picks; it’s becoming pretty clear Adams really doesn’t want to be here unless we pay him an exorbitant amount of money.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Jets would love to, but with the way Adams keeps running his mouth on social media, he's making it harder and harder for them to justify paying him big money. That may be his aim anyway. I'd love to see him stay a Jets if he stops making inflammatory posts on social media about the Jets and how he is being mistreated and disrespected. Boo hoo. What a whiny ass pussy. He needs to shut up and grow up. He should be spending his time and energy on social media trying to make a difference in the lives of other black people.

I loved Adams when the Jets drafted him, but I'm starting to despise him.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The more he talks, the more he reminds me that we could've had a FQB/HOF-potential QB instead of him.:mad: The shit gift that keeps on giving.

K'OB, Will-I-Am-Not and HomeoftheJets like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You are allowed to change your vote folks. :)

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m just totally disenchanted with Adams, great player, but a much greater headache to the organization.
    Did i miss the time, any time when either D Prescott or R Wilson or P Mahomes, three outstanding QBs and leaders in the most important position in football, two already SB winners to boot under their rookie contracts, bitch constantly in social media like immature spoiled little bitches that they are so fucking valuable, blah blah blah etc etc etc and the team is disrespecting them by not renegotiating. No we haven’t. Because they are true leaders first and foremost.

IMO a true leader is the guy you want to rally around, because he leads by example both on and off the field. A leader does his bitching in private and his praising in public. An immature me first guy does the opposite.
    That is why I don’t consider Adam a true leader. He will never be the guy that puts the team ahead of himself. He is not even In one of the three or four most important positions in football, yet he acts more mighty than a QB.

He is great talent not worth the headache, and might quickly become more of a distraction to the team that the very ones we so strongly refuse to bring to our team, like OBJ, AB and the like.
    As I see it, a first and second rounder with JD picking is looking better and better.
    Enjoy Texas, Adams, where you and social media will struggle to coexist.

Brook!, SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i love how fans hate players that are willing to speak their mind and want more money.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Fans don't hate those players as much on teams that win a lot.

However teams that win a lot don't have those kinds of players speaking out very often.

It's a vicious circle.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I dont think it's that at all, really. Well, I can only speak for myself, but it's not a matter of willing or not willing to talk about it for me; it's more why do I have to hear about it in the first place? Isn't that what your agent is for? How does him pushing how valuable he is and how much he deserves to be (over)paid on social media supposed to motivate another team to give him ridiculous amounts of money? Don't other teams know who's on whose roster?

Social media is a cancer IMO. What does he expect? Legions of people the world over who don't even have clean water to drink to say oh, yes, that New York Jet, Jamal Adams, I have dysentery, but what an injustice, he must be paid or I'll have shat myself to death for nothing. These guys make me laugh.

K'OB and Brook! like this.
  11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

For a minute put yourself in his shoes.

If what he is saying is true and was told a contract offer was coming in January and it is now June without a peep, then I do not really blame him, I am not a social media fan but I really do not think what he posted was all that bad.

We really do not know the whole story, but at this point it is pretty clear he thinks a contract negotiation was coming, if it is not the least that the Jets could do is tell him directly we expect you to play next season on your current contract.

TonyFtLaud and Aero like this.
  12. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams' agent wants you to care about this. Don't take the bait.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't see the Jets having a responsibility to reinforce the fact that Jamal Adams should expect to play on the 4th year of his deal. His contract is what it is. If he wants to make a stink and holdout, well that's on him and then the Jets should find a good way out of the situation.

We're all kind of stuck on this because of the Revis situation that evolved not once, but twice over the course of his early stay at the Jets. The Jets got it right the second time when they traded him for what they could get. The first time was a major mistake and really the Jets should have dealt him then.

Holdouts serve the player's interest not the teams interest. In many cases it is worthwhile to deal with the disruption until the player eventually reports, in most cases the team really should be prepared to find a suitable trade if they can't work something out. It is the rare case where a team benefits from extending a player at a high price to resolve a holdout.

The Jets were on an ascending path when Revis held out. They capitulated, had one peak season and then descended again - eventually trading Revis when he began making noises about wanting his contract renegotiated again after 2012.

The Buccaneers traded two draft picks for him and heard enough about his wallet to cut him after one season.

The Patriots picked him up for one season using typical Patsie shenanigans to not take a major cap hit and then let him go the second season when the cap hit would have been bad.

Then to the Jets everlasting shame they let Revis talk them into a final windfall deal that he apparently had no intention to fulfill.

Now, none of this had a lot to do with Adams, except for the tail wagging the dog aspect. No player is worth the kind of deal that Adams is likely looking for. That the Jets (again) did the wildly stupid thing of signing C.J. Mosley to a huge deal that he could not fulfill is no excuse to sign Adams to a deal that he will not be able to fulfill, being unworthy of a cap number approaching 10% of the Jets cap.

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

So if the Jets had indicated that they would at least negotiate a possibility of an extension and then changed their minds, you don’t think that good faith would warrant letting the other party know??
    If that is truly your attitude you are not going to get far making deals in life.

Once again nobody knows the whole story, but that seems to be the case in Adams mind.

I am not taking up sides on this issue just saying that they know what Adams believes and could squash it quickly with just being honest with him.
    Then if Adams holds out, you know what you are dealing with.

TonyFtLaud and donkey like this.
  15. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

They are not trading him and he knows that. That's why he's acting out on social media. If he was seriously then he'll sit out. Never understand why people get so worked by social media posts. I can understand news leaks from reporters with actual connections around the league. They deal with this stuff daily. (except Mehta the Click Bait troll.) But GM's know every point of the CBA and players can ponticidate on social media all you want. Nothing changes. There is a PR department to counter every stupid move you think will better your bargaining stance. So. Stay out half of training camp and make a nuisance of yourself. Then we'll talk.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Trade his ass but for picks, not OBJ.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Given how much time Adams spends around the LOS/in the box + the major depth we have at ILB behind the starters (Hewitt, Burgess, Onwuasor, Cashman) that could do similar things + drafting Ashtyn Davis and having Marcus Maye already... one could easily make the argument trading Adams for a package of assets is the logical thing to do. Maybe we should have tried to get D-Hop in a trade for Adams?

I dont know the splits but Adams is basically a linebacker half the time, and we have a bunch of decent linebackers on this roster. If Ashtyn Davis turns out to be a serviceable starter, then why deal with this shit and pay a Safety $15m/per?

18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

The minute he uses the phrase "I need to put food on the table", I'm trading him to the Dolphins for a sixth-round pick.

19. mrmajix

mrmajix Member

Miami is too nice of a city. Trade him to the worst, coldest, most miserable team that will give a pick for him...maybe Cleveland or Detroit.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.