ESPN: Curtis Martin's Career Likely Over

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by EcKo151, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Yeah... you can take it off. :rofl:

You suffered long enough. Though I know you secretly liked it. They looked good good last night, no?

2. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Jets' Mangini denies report that Martin is finished

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2644760

3. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Coles has such a bitchy attitude, it's disturbing sometimes...

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

paging the irony police.

5. Dirtywater

Meaning what?

First off, Martin did it first. Check.

Second, never did I say that you don't have the right to still harbor the same feelings towards Belichick.

Checkmate.

Save your use of the term irony for your Alanis Morisette songs commander.

:breakdance:

6. jetsfaninnc

jetsfaninnc New Member

Even though it was inevitable, this rots. Retire 28 ASAP.

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Whether or not his career is over yet, Curtis will be missed. He was a great RB for us the last 8 years. It's a shame he never got a SuperBowl ring though. It would be really classy for the Jets to retire his #. It'd be very weird seeing another #28 running around on the field, who isn't Curtis Martin.

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

It's ironic that the things in that song aren't actually ironic.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Don't worry. It will be retired.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Lighten up, Mary. What do you have to be so sensitive about? Its not like your team hasn't beat ours since the Reagan administration.

I guess you just don't see the difference between a coach under contract wriggling off the hook and a free agent running back (avg. prof'l life 3.4 seasons or something) maximizing his short income window. Totally equivalent. I can see why you are bitter about it. What else do you put in your water?

I bet you know just loads about chess.

11. Dirtywater

Zing! :rofl:

12. highlife15

highlife15 New Member

Being happy Curtis never got a ring and comparing him to a weasel like Belicheck makes alot of sense. What a classy thing to say...

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

What the hell is wrong with you people? I highlighted the most significant things DW wrote. One tiny fraction of it was expressing joy that CMart goes out without a ring.

How many of you are ecstatic that Dan Marino does not own a ring? How about Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas? Who here can honestly say that if Tom Brady caught multiple STDs and could not be medically cleared to play football again, that they would not be dancing in the streets?

Come on, it's just natural hatred for the enemy. I can't stand Brady. But that is because he doesn't wear green on cold Sundays. However, I damn sure respect him and he will deserve his trip to Canton.

Relax guys, besides, who knows if he is really done. I'll bet Mangini is circling like a buzzard trying to figure out who leaked that story.

As for Coles, WTF is this nonsense that he is bitchy? Because he basically said, "I'm not telling you anything. Curtis Martin is either going to play because he can, or won't because he can't and there is nothing I can say or do to change that." It's pretty amazing that for all the supposed bad comments he's made, he has been one of our best players all year, and has not once landed in Mangini's doghouse.

14. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

Curtis is a great player and a great human being. his number should be retired.
    Here's to you Mr. Martinv:beer:

15. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Dude. I remember that too well. It still brings my piss to a boil. I love Tim Brown but I fucking hated that. What BS.

P.S. DirtyWater sucks in this thread.

16. Dirtywater

Exactly, and thanks for actually reading the post in its entirety.

17. highlife15

highlife15 New Member

What the hell is wrong with you? You think we should be dancing in the streets if Brady caught STDs? This is the mentality of the average Red Sox fan, who root for something bad to happen to opposing players. This is sports, it's not life or death. I understand not wanting a player to win that you don't like, but if you have nothing against them can't you just root against the team? I root for the Pats to lose, not Brady or Bruschi. Now if you said T.O. or Randy Moss, that would be different. I hope they never win.

18. highlife15

highlife15 New Member

I did. I still don't understand rooting against Curtis personally. If Bruschi was unable to play again and he never got a chance to win a ring, why would I be happy about that. I don't know him but he seems like a nice guy and I may root against the Pats, but not personally against the individual players.

19. Dirtywater

Well, I think you are taking the discussion in a different direction.

By using Bruschi as an example, you are taking my point out of the discussion. Martin was a vital part of the Pats at that point. By signing the poison pill contract (which I previously accepted the Pats part fault in), he left us high and dry, to a division rival no less. Bruschi, having never played for the Jets, did nothing to your organization from that standpoint.

So, by leaving us, and going to you via the poison pill contract, that is why I was/am happy he never found ultimate success.

No hard feeling towards him personally, and even through the much he is still a class act and good person.

20. wexy

wexy Member

How many of our Jets have rings? Its all moot. Curtis was a great player.