ESPN Blast: Tebow to sign with Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Don, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The ball washing with ESPN is so funny too... all Colin Blowhard Cowherd did last year was rip on the Jets and Tebow. I turn on the radio this morning just to hear him say "I'm not anti Tebow, in fact I've got some really positive things to say about him". Put your Patriots hat away Colin, you do a national show, not a New England show.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Isn't there a Patriots board that you Tebow freaks can invade???

Truly hilarious was your line about this being the last time he will field Tebow questions until August.. thanks for the laugh but there's a freak show gathering waiting for you. Run along now.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mike McCoy is unproven as a HC numb nuts. This is due to the NY Media, it barely has anything to do with a HC.

Te'o was also a need for a SD Chargers, where-as Tebow was not a need for the NYJs

4. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Obviously you didn't pay attention last year. They came back week after week to hear Rex say "Sanchez gives us the best chance to win". I find i laughable that Patriots fans think they can shrug off this guy Tebow because of great their franchise is. You already have your coach complaining to the media that he doesn't want to answer any more questions on the guy, He's been on the team for a couple of hours.

5. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

That's the problem, and Rex shares this problem with many fans, thinking you can only use a player in a "conventional offense."

The goal is not to fit a circle into a square peg. The goal is to utilize your player's stregths to score points.

If a guy cant help you in a conventional offense, but has a history of making plays, you give him chances through unconventional approaches. It's why guys like Kapernick, RGIII, Cam Newton, etc.. are succeeding.

And you dont need to even design an offense around Tebow, you just give him the ball, have a wr or two run short and simple routes, and have the line simply block for him. He will do the rest. You give him three or four series in the 2nd half, when the defense is tired, and he will move the chains. But Rex is a moron when it comes to offense, and could not do that. Why? Probably because it did not fit into a "conventional offense," which to Rex is ironically "ground and pound."

Tim Tebow on the Pats will score 6-8 TD's next year when the Pats line him up at HB in the 2nd half, and have him plow over defenders. Thats what happens when you dont run a "conventional offense."

6. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

tebow is only gonna do one of two things, jack and shit.

if this doesnt scream attention grab i dont know what does. pats are legit losing media prominence as they continue to fail in the post season and brady is getting older. tebow is another way of securing their brand, if they can contain the mess that is.

waiting for the first 'tebow topless in foxborogh' pics to come about,as if players dont take their shirts off after practice all the fucking time, but we have to see that shit on the newspapers? give me a break

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Of course the Pats signed him to "only" play QB! We're talking about Belichick here not blabber mouth Rex. Rex built up all the awesome things they had planned for Tebow, which made it even worse when they did nothing with him.

BB wants nothing more than for everyone to assume Tebow is just gonna be the 3rd QB on the team, most likely simulating the read and react QBs they'll face on the scout team... which he will.

But he will have something else up his sleeve for him, and nobody will know what it is until it actually happens on the field.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The guy signed a minimum contract because he wants to continue his football career and this is the only team offering a chance.

Not sure how that makes him a pawn.

9. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

With respect, all the QB's you used in your example are all capable of running a conventional offense. There throwing motions are all well within the parameters NFL teams look for in there QB's.
    I would also like to point out what very few people outside the Jets saw each and every day at practice. The clear example of how bad this must have been was the the choice to start GMac over him for those two games. Worst still was the decision to go back to Sanchez when GMac got hurt.
    I will be curious to see just what the the Pats plan to do so differently that will suddenly make Tim this weapon many of you think he can be.

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I's called media access after practice... not exactly a press conference just like the Jets did. BTW, all players are available to the media today.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

seriously dillusional if you think tebow is going to score 6-8 tds this year

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm happy for Tebow. it's time he fully embrace a much different way to land a roster spot.
    Unfortunately, i now have to root for him to fail as its the Patriots.

The right way for both Tebow and the Patriots to handle the media frenzy, is to just shut it down. Severely limit his press availability, and let Bill do his passive aggressive mumbling about nothing. It's the only way Tebow will ever land or keep a job again in this league, as no team wants that level of distraction for an experiment player.

The press are going to hate getting nothing to report on, and just go back to making stories up. They will fall back on knocking the Jets for 'mishandling' Tebow, and praise Belichick for resurrecting his career despite having no facts.

On the field, i don't expect Tebow to get a lot of action.
    Might be effective on some short yardage scenarios, and cause teams to prepare for it.
    And absolutely if he gets any shot, it will be against the Jets so Belichick can try to stick it to us. Tebow having success against the Jets will set the story line for the press, and will distract the press from the Pats. It would also elevate Bill's 'genious', and i do believe he has a massive ego.
    and if the experiment doesn't work, they let him go in season or at the end. it's low risk.
    At least that is what i'd think the plan would be..

#152 BacktoQueens, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

....then Belli cuts him during the post game presser!

14. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Because he has zero chance at making the 53-man roster barring injury and divine intervention.

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

No doubt this will end up being the ultimate slap in the jets face.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Mike Freeman of CBS Sports already reported the Pats are interested in having him play TE and learn other things non QB related when the initial news broke.

It's will be a good war of patience with the media vs the Pats. The media is going to badger everyone with Tebow questions, the Pats have to remain tight lipped. Disappointed Welker isn't a Pat anymore. He would have had something clever/funny to say.

17. Footballgod214

/thread...right here.

Woody: "Can never have too much Tebow"

Tanny: Traded 3 draft pics and $M's for him.

Rex: With Sanchez playing himself out of the league and Tebow chomping at the bit, Rex leap frogs Tebow for the 3rd string QB. Not once, but twice at the end of a meaningless season.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

hysterical posts like this crack me up. The Patriots had the #1 scoring offense and #1 yardage offense in the NFL last year. The Pats scored 78 total points in 2 games against us last year. But Tebow is somehow going to make a huge difference - enough to be an "ultimate slap in the face" to the Jets.

Get a grip.

19. Footballgod214

Can't speak for Mallett or Brady or Tebow, but butt sex (haha 'but butt') in the shower saves a ton of 'clean up on isle 5'...especially if she's menstruating at the same time.

If someone could tweet this to Tebow that'd be awesome!

:beer:

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

why? seriously. all of a sudden this guy is a great football player and we are going to rue the day we cut him?he is an average runner below average passer with alot of heart who had a great college career and a cult following. we didnt cut the cross breed of jonny u and jim brown here people. he had a fluke run 2 years ago where everything broke just right to build the myth and nothing else. beli isnt going to make him dynamic. they are not going to take brady off the field for him.he is a 3rd string qb and probably too high on the depth chart at that.
    period