ESPN Blast: Tebow to sign with Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Don, Jun 10, 2013.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

If he's a TE at most he's probably going to be a hybrid goalline guy like Mike Vrabel or Dan Klecko were for them.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

How do u know it was RRs call on those things? You got a source?

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You are right. The Pats signed Ocho and Haynesworth and we never heard from either of them, both off and ON the field. Really, how did those signings work out for the Pats from a football standpoint. The Pats have not exactly burned up the free agent wire the past few years. Not everything they touch turns to gold. A lot of it has turned to crap lately.

I think this is a terrible move by the Pats and I am thrilled by it. No matter what the Pats say or try to do, there is no way to stop the Tebowmania that will descend on them and their training camp. There will be millions of Tebow that now become Pats fans and all these people care about is Timmy and how he is destined for greatness. They will not settle for a limited role for the player they think is put on this planet by God to play and win football games. Like it or not, ESPN and NFL Network will set up shop every day for Pats TC and we will get daily reports on how Tebow did and what he did and where he played etc.

So let's think about this. Do the Pats take Brady off the field in ANY situation and replace him with Tebow??? I don't see it. Brady's conversion rate running the ball on 3rd and 4th and short is amazing. Brady is not coming off the field with the ball on the two yard line for Tebow. TE? On the team with the deepest and most talented TEs in the league? Are the Pats going to sit Gronk or Hernandez for Tebow? Umm NO. Are they going to go with a 3 TE set. Doubtful. Is Tebow fast enough to play TE? Not sure. Can he catch?

Running back? Again, he is not fast enough or elusive enough.

Back up QB? Are the Pats really going to take all that time to put in a Tebow-friendly offense. Because we all know that he cannot play traditional QB in the NFL. Nothing would make me happier than to see Tebow come to replace Brady if Brady is injured. Tebow needs an offense like Denver ran in 2011, which can't be any more different than what the Pats run now. The Pats run a face paced offense based on a QB who is incredibly accurate and use the pass to set up the run. Tebow is the most inaccurate passer in the NFL.

And what good is having all this distraction for a third string QB? Are they really going to put up with all the nonsense so that Tebow can hold a clipboard and not play? And the Tebots will go nuts .

I hope he does what he ( or I should say the media and his fans) always does - tears that team apart.

4. tzinc

tzinc New Member

Brady gets hurt. Tebow comes in and leads Pats to SB. Jets fans talk about what a distraction he was despite the fact the team never gave him a chance to start even in meaningless games. How sweet life it. Jets screwed Tebow it is only fitting he returns the favour. Now the rest of the NFL looks like a frigging joke. If you want to see what BB did with a locker room destroyer look up Randy Moss the Moss who played in a SB for BB and last year too.

Tebow has never ever destroyed a team that is just BS. No team is as tight as NE and they took Tebow do not believe everything the media says. The media also said Tebow would not be signed by any team. I guess Carolina knows more then BB and NE.

#84 tzinc, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  5. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

This makes me smile...until he scores a TD against us.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

7. varjao

varjao Member

It's a win win situation for NE

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Please stop feeding a troll.

9. GrifinMil

GrifinMil Member

I wish Tebow good luck but not against us.

10. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

New York Times 8/13/2012:

“It takes up a lot of preparation time,” Ryan said. He was talking about the extra time that opposing coaches may spend planning for the Jets, or Tebow specifically, which would result, perhaps, in less time planning for Sanchez.

As for Tebow, his reaction to Monday’s practice was simple: “Any time you get an opportunity to go out there and run around a little bit and play football, it’s always fun.”

Ryan remembered a loss in 2009 to Miami — whose coach, Tony Sparano, is now the Jets’ offensive coordinator — in which the Dolphins were so effective at using the Wildcat that it freed up Chad Henne, their quarterback, to throw for 241 yards and 2 touchdowns.

“We’ll have an offense, and the Wildcat will be part of our offense; we’ve said it from Day 1,” Ryan said. “The great thing is, you don’t know if we’re going to run it once. You don’t know if we’re going to run it 20 times, 50 times, whatever. That’s up to us. If you’re not prepared for it, why wouldn’t we run it?”

He stopped, then added: “Not necessarily prepared, but if you’re not defending it well, why wouldn’t we run it? You’re going to run something until they stop it.”

I think we can assume that Rex has control over whether a practice is open or closed to the press. That would seem to be a HC's prerogative.

Is it possible Woody arranged the Tebow press conference? Yes. But not probably. Owners don't normally get involved with mini-camp press-conferences.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty obvious the Tebow bullshit was a Tannenbaum/Woody thing. The coaching staff didnt even use Tebow, which leads me to believe they were not on board. RR went along with it to the press, like any HC they have to appear to agree with FO decisions.

12. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

You're missing my point completely. My point is that for all the supposed "circus" Chad Ocho Cinco brings with him, he never registered a blip on the "media circus" radar in New England. Same for Haynseworth. Their production or lack thereof is irrelevant. They caused no problems, made no waves and did not bring a "circus" because Bellicheck didn't allow it.

And the same will happen with Tebow. As for his performance, he's the 3rd string QB outisde of mop up in blowouts (except for week 2 this coming season(. He probably won't even touch the field. And his media availability will reflect it. And that all comes back to the head coach.

Rex made the tebow situation what it was and made it worse by never playing him.

13. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

So in other words, Rex was lying the whole pre-season. Why would he do that? What would be the point? Either way, he's still a clown.

14. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

I know facts and truth have no place in a message board, so please excuse me.

I love the Jets and will be rooting for them hard this year. I'm amped that we got Geno in Rd 2 and defended him for weeks around draft day. So no, this is not trolling. But the facts are the facts. As I have said before, I was AGAINST the Tebow signing. but the bottom line is, we signed him. And Rex then botched the whole situation by lying to Tebow, overhyping him to the world and then not putting him in even though we had the worst QB in the NFL the past 2 years and McElroy got his brain scrambled. It's just the facts. Sorry if they hurt, but it is what it is.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Why would he do that? Uh, to keep the focus on football. They went to fuckin McElroy before Tebow. It was a media stunt by Woodrow and co. We're in the media business, remember?

We can only hope it somehow negatively impacts the Pasts, but they'll likely cut ties before that can happen.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

typically there is a designated open practice time and than the closed part where they install plays.
    it is the p.r. dept that arranges interviews and they fall under the supervision of the g.m. not the h.c.
    please stop. He is gone. there is no reasonto rehash all the shit from last season. the beat writers will be doing it all for you over the next few weeks as they describe why the jets were stupid for getting timmy and the patriots are geniuses for getting timmy

17. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Nothing beats "Da Butt Fumble" sorry

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

it proves my point, that NFL teams do value him somewhat. He may not make the team, but they wanted to sign him.

The Jets failed with Tebow. Maybe the Patriots will succeed and do a better job of utilizing his skillset.

19. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

#99 fltflo, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  20. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Bill Belichick IS the GM with the Pats