ESPN Blast: Tebow to sign with Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Don, Jun 10, 2013.

1. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The Pats are distracted ecause there is one stupid thread on a Pats fan board? Not sure that has anything to do with the Pats at all. In fact the Pats have had good solid practices and focus from all accounts.

BTW, I think it's nice that Jets fans have found something they can grab onto as Tebow madness taking over NE. But the truth is about 10 guys are actually posting in that one thread.

This board had it's own Tebow section! Hardly a comparison really.

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

^ It's wayy more than just 10 guys. I think the shifty BB will cut Tebow to avoid further "distractions". If not, hold on tight and enjoy the mutiny :up:

Didn't a starting, 5 star caliber patriot, spend a year murdering people? "Distracted."

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This board had it's own Tebow section the day he was signed, it wasn't because of the number of threads that were popping up.

And I counted more than 10 posters on the final 3 pages. Pages 94, 95, and 96 of a thread started 4 days ago. About the Pats' THIRD STRING QB.

Certainly nothing to see here! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

4. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

LOL. Exactly.

Not to mention brady was lights out in the scrimmage with the Eagles and in the first pre-season game, playing with rookie WRs and Zach Stubfield at TE.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

If Brady were to get injured, then the hyenas would be out in full force.
    I don't like rooting for injury, but the aftermath would certainly be delicious.

6. JetsVilma28

"Lights out" in a scrimmage where the QB is in a red jersey? Brady's kryptonite is contact. A few times getting touched and his game starts to fall apart.

7. JetsVilma28

Exactly. God forbid....God forbid. Implosion in New England, all out mutiny and if Mallet throws a pick forgettaboutit :breakdance:

Brady, can be touched. With a cast of newbies around him it's certainly a dangerous situation for him. With even 1% chance of something happening to Brady how can you have Tebow there, waiting in the ranks? :breakdance:

8. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

That’s part of the reason why Patriots quarterback Tom Brady smiled when he was asked about the joint practices between New England and the Eagles at the NovaCare Complex.

“We’ve run some plays against our own defense, at this point, 30 or 40 times,” Brady said earlier in the week. “It’s nice to see a fresh look at it.”

A fresh look. He could have just said fresh meat. Not surprisingly, Brady feasted on the Eagles’ suspect secondary over the last two days during 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills. On Tuesday, he threw several touchdowns during red-zone sessions and went long stretches without an incompletion.

Patriots wide receiver Kenbrell Thompkins and tight end Zach Sudfeld both made big plays Tuesday, but it was the connection between Brady and wide receiver Danny Amendola that people talked about after practice. Early in the afternoon, Amendola dropped what would have been an easy touchdown as he crossed the goal line. Amendola made amends for that mistake later when he and Brady switched a call at the line of scrimmage using hand signals. That play resulted in a touchdown.

On Wednesday, Brady once again dissected the Eagles’ defensive backfield with surgical passes. Many of those completions came at the expense of cornerback Curtis Marsh, who was sliced up by various Patriots wideouts.

“He’s one of the best to ever play the game,” Marsh said about Brady following Wednesday’s public bludgeoning. “When you get benchmarks like that, plays like that where everything’s not in sync, then you watch the film, you work on your technique, and the next day you’re better for it.”

Brady is working with an almost entirely new set of offensive options this year. Wideouts Brandon Lloyd and Wes Welker are gone. So is pass-catching running back Danny Woodhead. Tight end Rob Gronkowski -- as dominant at his position as anyone in the league -- is recovering from back and forearm injuries. And tight end Aaron Hernandez, who was released during the offseason, is in jail after being charged with murder.

The Patriots brought in several new faces to fill those voids, including Amendola (a free agent formerly with the St. Louis Rams) and a host of rookies: Receivers Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce and Thompkins, and tight end Sudfeld (an undrafted rookie free agent). Almost all of them -- particularly Amendola, Thompkins and Dobson -- caught long passes from Brady on Tuesday and/or Wednesday.

“[Brady] makes all of your mistakes show, basically,” cornerback Brandon Boykin admitted. “There’s no room for error. He’s putting the ball on the money each and every time.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/csn-tom-brady-preys-eagles-secondary-practice-143805421--ocid.yahoo.html

I'm just going off exactly what his opponents said. This doesn't sound like a "distracted circus" to me. Sounds like a well-oiled machine, coached by adults who are once again getting ready to win the division with rookies and castoffs at the skill positions.

And if 4800 yards, 34 TDs and and 90+ rating is "kryptonite" then we need to get a boulder of it for Sanchez.

P.S. Notice the article didn't even mention you know who.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

11. JetsVilma28

It's not full speed if he has the red jersey on. I don't think Brady makes it through this season, just my opinion. The cast they have over there is suspect, solid Oline, HoF QB and character cast of playmakers (many of the stars are prone to injury).

At the end of the day I'm a fan of the NY Jets; I could give a fuck about Tom Brady and his passer rating.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Tim Tebow Rises

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

From 3rd string/Cut to 2nd string (temporarily)

14. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports an MRI of Tom Brady's left knee came back negative, and that he's considered day to day.
    That deescalated quickly. USA Today reports Brady is dealing with a "minor sprain." Brady will almost certainly sit out Friday's game against the Bucs, but will likely be good to go for New England's regular season dress rehearsal against the Lions next Thursday. Nothing should be considered official until the Patriots make an announcement, but all appears to be well in Foxboro.

I guess the legions of tebow fans coming to training camp every day (all 5 of them) will have to keep waiting.

15. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Brady's fine, apparently. May even practice today.

My guess is that if they did lose him, you would see Mallet starting with Tebow taking some snaps here and there. Sure there would be Tebow fans calling for him to get the ball... they're never going to stop doing that completely.