Eric Smith Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Sep 18, 2011.

1. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I have to admit last year after Leonhard went down and Eric Smith got the start, I was a little nervous about him. This year, he's playing like Eric Smith 2.0.

2. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

took the words out of my mouth... in rex we trust... he said hes improved and its hard not to agree... of course witten burned him but that doesnt say much... there are not many safeties in the league that could lock down witten... he presents match up problem week in and week out

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Witten has schooled many in this league, had another 100+ yard game yesterday and that was with Dez not playing. Over a thousand yards receiving last year and 9 TD, and that was with Kitna throwing to him for half the season.

If everyone on our defense was perfect at everything they did what would be the point in watching. Eric Smtih is a Rex type of player, physical and has now been in this D long enough to start taking risks.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's hard to tell where Eric Smith is in terms of coverage, because he wasn't very effective against Dallas, even when he wasn't covering Witten, and the Jaguars are simply a shit team. If he plays well within the division, I'll start to appreciate him.

5. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Nuff Said.

6. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I like Eric Smith!