Entirely Hypothetical: Darnold or Mayfield?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Apr 10, 2019.

?

Trade Darnold for Mayfield?

1. Yes

8.0%
  2. No

92.0%
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Ah yes, it's OUR fault we can't lower ourselves to the intelligence level of a 14 year old to grasp the rock solid points you're making.

FJF likes this.
  2. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

I'm a fan of all teams/leagues. It's entertainment, not a gang war. I collect cards and sports memorabilia. I'm fascinated by sports uniform history. I just bought a 2018 Decker, Jets jersey so I could have last year's design. It's just sports on tv. It's nothing serious or important to your personal life. It's frivolous icing , when your life is going normal/good. You asked, so I answered. Now someone will cry about derailing a thread. Have a decent Tuesday. :)

3. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

I've explained to you that you are watching a entertainment business. It's incredibly intelligent that I've given you the clues to represent. The future.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He could be an idiot savant.

Hackenberg likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yea this guy is useless. Boot'em.

FJF likes this.
  6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Sometimes the banhammer should be used just to make sure it still works. Especially after a server upgrade.

twown likes this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think your half right

stinkyB, Biggs and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Take off 17 from Darnold. That was the New England game we all looked like crap in.

His 3 game stretch post injury was Elite stuff.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You can't drop games.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He made some pretty nice throws in that game, team just couldn't score and the defense played crappy. You dont have to take off 17.

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not to mention those are just numbers. mayfield had njoku and landry to throw to. a top 5 o-line, and a hell of a run game with chubb. Darnold had a poor o-line, a center who couldn't snap the ball half the season, very little run game (powell seems done in the NFL and missed most the year with injury, crowell is a JAG who is now a back-up and not starting material) and Q, kearse, and robbie all missed time. I mean at 1 point we had maguire/cannon at RB, and tay (elevated from the PS), roberts, peake, and signed matthews (who was not on a team and isn't on a team now either) to throw to. Darnold was surrounded by garbage as a rookie. the fact he was still better then rosen and allen speaks volumes. This year hopefully the line is betetr but darnold should have a healthy Q, robbie, and now crowder, herndon in year 2, bell he'll be better off. on the flip side baker got richer as well with ODB to start opposite of landry. easily the best 1-2 WR combo in the NFL. plus calloway and higgins so good depth and njoku, and chubb, and even kareem hunt (when he comes back) they are stacked

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I disagree.

He's a harmless kook...nuthin' wrong with that.

It takes a village...and every village need that one "guy".;)

Might as well be him.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We already have like 20 of those guys.

FJF and stinkyB like this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah...but he's "special".

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

I love it. Damn near our entire fan base loves this kid. He's our greatest hope since Chad Pennington. This should be fun. The journey.

16. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Liked for laughs. But I'm firmly against banning Hackenberg.

I may need him to run and get me a soda.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

What if he really is Christian Hackenberg? I know if I were a drafted sports player I would go to my teams local fan base forum and break their balls for trash talking me. Food for thought I wonder how many ex Jets read these forms lol

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Welp there you have it. The ultimate conspiracy. You know, @Hackenberg started posting here right about when the AAF folded. Hmm...

19. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

Im responding to the above.. dont give me crap about going off thread because you have.
    Are you people adults or not? Another adult is simply giving you a perspective you arent' accustomed to. Calling it trolling is annoyingly childish. You've been taught to comply so much, that you're confused when your reality is questioned.
    You need to start looking at sports in a healthier realistic fashion. Whether pro tv sports is authentic competition or not. It's still the most unimportant thing in your life. It's frivolous icing, only when things are going good. If your health is bad, if you're trying to survive..bills, work, etc.. no one gives a fuck if said team might win the big game tomorrow. It won't change your life one godam bit. You don't have time for it because life ain't going good enough to waste time on it. Maybe you need tragedy in your life..just a small setback? There's been twice in my life now, where I thought, do I die today, or soon? Sometimes you need that..it's
    The only way you'll get off the rat race and see it from the outside for what it actually is. I still like sports. I just dont worship it anymore like a Santa believing, 5 year old.
    I'm your buddy at the bar stool next you with a different perspective. Not some enemy trying to harm you. My last year model, Jets jersey is a lousy 200 miles away and i supposedly won't get it till Monday :(

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Santa isn’t real?