Empty seat celebration

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Nov 21, 2010.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I didn't attack you. I specifically stated that its your choice where you choose to watch a game. You don't even know WTF you are talking about. You are the one that decided to start calling me names. But hey thats okay tough guy, if you want to try and call me a "faggot" and say "fuck you" to my face then feel free to send me an email and I will give you that opportunity to show how tough you really are.

2. 624

624 Banned

Just got home....after the Sanchez interception half the stadium just got up and left.

After the Holmes TD the place was louder half full than it was at any point the whole game..fuck fair weather fans..it was awesome to stay and celebrate with the true fans who don't give up with a 1-4 point deficit.

3. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

No, I wasn't at the game. I said in my first post that there can be lots of reasons to leave early. Today wasn't one of them.

4. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

I was able to get a front row seat for the holmes catch cause all the fakies left, damn fakies

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

A few years ago I got on jetophile for her leaving a game in the 3rd quarter to go pumpkin pickin'.

Also, I made fun of Steelers fans for leaving a playoff game early. That was the one when the Steelers beat the Browns 36-33. I'm so sick of hearing how Steelers fans are great. In boring western PA those clowns could not stay for the duration of a playoff game? Pathetic!

6. Carl Spacklers Grass

another die-hard checking in. I understand fans leaving when we were up 16 in the 2nd half but leaving when we're only down 1 score with a full minute left? unacceptable

So glad i stayed to watch the end. One of my favorite Jets games in recent memory even topping the past 2 years of Pats W's at home and the Cinci game last year

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If you were not in a rush to leave, then why leave early? A message to the team? The effort today was not acceptable. Look, Woody. I'm leaving early.

8. Double Zero

Double Zero Member

Stayed the whole time...Section 348, row 22. After the int, 1/2 the section left. Gave the rest of us plenty of room to celebrate!

9. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Omfg... I walked down to the concourse at the 2 minute warning. WTF is the big deal???

I have nothing to prove here and at this point, this is just getting silly.

Like I said before, I look forward to seeing all of you homebodies at the next 3 games but I won't.

As far as a message to Woody, shouldn't those complaining have been at the game?

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Its not a big deal. stop freaking out and calling people names and acting like a moron.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Normally, I do not begrudge people for leaving games early. I cited a couple examples in post 65. I'd cite more, but I don't really have any others.

You have now repeatedly taken shots at those Jets fans who do not or cannot attend games. Sometimes I think season ticket holders feel they are better fans than non-season ticket holders.

I have attended 14 Jets games dating back to 1986. I don't like them. I'd rather watch at home. I loved seeing all 22 players. We don't get that from watching on TV. However, it is not worth all the other bullshit- driving there, paying to park, crowded walkways, people constantly getting up in your row to buy concessions, the loud-mouthed spitting freak behind you, waiting on line to urinate, having to drive around broken bottles in the parking lot after the game, not being able to watch other NFL games because you are driving home, etc.

I had no message for the owner.

I asked a legit question. Maybe leaving early was your way of sending a message. I hope the owner, coaches, and players see all these empty seats. Maybe they will put forth better efforts in the future. I am certain that some fans think this way.

You claimed you were not in a rush to leave. Sending a message to the team and rushing to get home are two reasons to leave a game early. Is there a third?

#71 Cakes, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  12. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Oh yea? Me too, hows about that little kid leading our section in the Jets chant at the end of the game, he never gave up and neither did the Jets.

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

After we scored, they put the image of the folks who left early standing by the gates watching it on the big screen...I couldn't help but start an, "Aaaaasssshooolllesss! Assssshhooolleeeesss!" chant in my section.

That was awesome watching the plays develop in the Stadium. As long as we had a lil' bit of time and Sanchez leading the final drive...I felt confident we could make something happen.

14. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Those of us who stayed seemed to be the loudest; at the end, it was basically louder than the rest of the game.

15. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Dude, nobody even shows up to fucking dolphins games. They dont even sell out their playoff games. (As goes for the marlins) This is typical of all football fans. The diehards stick it out.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

haha what did ^^ he^^ do to get banned?

17. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

HAAAAA, hilarious.

18. JohnnyS2

JohnnyS2 Member

If I've ever had a chance to go (last game I went to was years and years ago against the Pats) I would definitely stay in situations like this (hell, even if it's 42-10 either way). For some people, going to games is a special experience so I'm on the side of "staying until the final buzzer".

19. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Playoffs?are you kiddin me Playoffs dont talk about playoffs!when was the last time the Dolphins made the playoffs??

20. RMorin

RMorin Member

I live 3 and a half hours away and have NEVER left a game early since I got seasons in 2006. I know that I do not have the tenure of some other guys here, but I was on the waiting list for 12 years. There is no way I'd ever leave a game early. I pay a lot for the tix, and regardless of how the team is doing, or the weather I always stay. I remember the Browns in 2007 when it was sleeting and me and my father were LITERALLY the only people in section 306 in the old stadium when the game ended, we lost, but it was one of the most fun I've ever had at a game.

People make excuses about leaving early, and some are legit (work, family, etc.) but the "I'm trying to beat traffic" is garbage. After the pick from Sanchez, over half the stadium left; how the hell are you beating traffic by leaving with most people?? On the games where it is decided with 5 minutes to go, leaving after the game actually ends usually has meant almost no traffic, cause everyone leaves a half hour before the game actually ends! Today was a great example of if you are willing to stick it out for your team, sometimes they reward you in great ways.