Empty seat celebration

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Nov 21, 2010.

1. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I stayed. Amazing.

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Using the same logic, why not leave every movie with 5 minutes left in the movie so you don't get stuck in the aisle leaving the theater with everyone else. You can watch the last 5 minutes when the movie comes to pay per view!

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

NYJets38,

Lol at us not loving football or understanding it.

You're way out of your league here dude.

Enjoy the comfort of your armchair.

BTW, right now I'm on rte 684 North and I still have 2 hours till I get home, at least....

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I live in Florida, so it's easy for me to be like "Oh you should stay" or whatever.

All I have to say is...Is leaving a minute before the game ends really that much of a difference? Why not just stay to see if they lose, so you can voice your displeasure, or stay to enjoy a memorable victory?

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Hey look pal, if a person wants to leave the game that they are paying so much $ to go to - that is their decision. But don't pretend that nobody is entitled to comment on the merits of that decision just because we can't all go the games every week. If you want to walk out early thats up to you. If we want to mock the losers & idiots who gave up on their team too early and now look like suckers because they pay $$$ for the game and then missed the best part of the game - thats our decision. Freaking hilarious to see those empty seats as the J-E-T-S marched down the field to Victory. Congrats to all of you who kept the faith and stayed on to watch the great comeback win. :jets:

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Damn!!! I watched the end of the game from the concourse. Fuck you.

Leave your house at 9, WSW? Try leaving at 4!!!!!

Fucking A!!

7. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Fuck you AbdulSalam you faggot.

Learn to spell his name right asshole!

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Glad you got to watch the end of the game from the concourse at least. Its especially dumb to leave a close game in the final minutes when you have like a 5 hour drive ahead of you regardless. Good move in hanging around the concourse.

9. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

So you love football, but don't care about seeing the end of a close game?

Edit: And if you watched the end from the concourse, what are you even arguing about? People are criticizing those that left. And while some might have been doing what you were doing, certainly not all were.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

LOL at the name thing.

He did offer an explanation for it a couple months back, though.

11. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

I stayed. As I did on that Monday against Miami years ago.
    The fact is, a majority of our fanbase sucks.
    No one in my section was into the game.
    Each week it's a new cast of characters...people who should stay home chit chatting the whole game...then leave with a minute to go.
    FUCK 'EM ALL!!!!

Looking across at the lower 50 yard line seats when the 3rd qtr started was a disgrace.
    Think I counted 40 people, and the section probably holds 3-500 people.

The PSLs uprooted me from the lower bowl, and now I watch as half the stadium walks out with the game on the line.
    Think I may be done with going, it's disheartening. And I've been going to Jet games since the late 70s.
    Blah.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The Monday Night Miracle game was the same way only worse. Thousands of jerkoffs left the stadium and then heard the roar. Then they tried to get back in the turnstyles and no dice. Security was denying them.

I was still in my seat in Row 5 and moved to Row 1 when the assholes left. Man that was some game. Today's game reminded me SO much of that Monday night. Too funny man.

13. sg3

sg3 Banned

I stayed until the end

I always stay until the end

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I wish I was at this game...Those fans knew that this was not your same old jets...They would make plays to put us in position even in situations like we had in defense

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Send me an email tough guy, I'll be happy to let you try and say that to my face.

If you're too clueless to know not to leave your expensive seats before a game is over, I'm not the least bit concerned about your opinion of what my screen name should be.

16. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

This.

filler

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

All the more reason why leaving early makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 8 hours in the car each way and the time spent at the tailgate and the game and you don't stay in your seat for 5 more minutes to witness the come back of a lifetime? I am baffled. If the hassle of being a season ticket holder is too much, you should give them up. I understand the issues. But games like today make it all worth it. What did you gain by leaving early? The ability to watch this great drive in the concourse as if you were in a giant outdoor sports bar??? Face it. You blew it and there is no good explanation other than to save 5-10 minutes. And at the end of the dayy, you did not even save those minutes because you watched the end on the concourse tv.

18. Penning-10

Penning-10 New Member

Ditto: Sec. 106 - as mentioned it was a thrill of a lifetime. Simply amazing.

While the majority of my section bolted after Sanchez's pick under pressure, my brother and I just stood there quiet, not saying anything in utter disgust to the fact that we were going to lose after having a 20-7 lead. I didn't have much hope until we stopped them and then Sanchez split two defenders in one of the most perfectly placed balls down the side-lines to Braylon with 24 seconds.

Place was going bananas.

(Was funny watching the people outside celebrate on the Jumbo-Tron)

These last few weeks is a clear indication as to how money this Sanchez kid is - best footwork in the game.

19. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

[​IMG]

20. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm done with this for now.

I am plenty happy to have watched the final drive from the concourse. Walking out of the stadium with thousands of Jets fans was wonderful after the win. The energy in the concourse was electric.

I'm not bitching about having seasons, I love having them.

I'm bitching about being bitched at by the guy that lives in NJ who doesn't go to the games, that's been my premise all along.

Salam (sp.), we live close. If you really want to meet up, that's fine. Seems silly but hey.... Let me know. You're the one that attacked me for watching the final 2 minutes in the concourse.

As far as saving time, myself and 6 other TGG members celebrated the game in the lot after the Holmes score. Clearly I was not rushing to leave.

Either way, good win. Tix are available and I look forward to seeing you all at the next 3 home games.