Embarrassed to be a Jets Fan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Nov 22, 2012.

1. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

A losing record when you had high hopes is far worse.

2. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

I get people jumping from this franchise and any franchise that is a total joke like the LA Clippers, NY Islanders or Sacramento Kings for example if they they have done absolutely nothing in the past 20-30 years like the Jets. I don't care about the AFC championship games a few years back either. We were the clear underdog in both match ups and I honestly never believed we had what it took to win. Fans want one thing and that is championships. The Jets have never had a championship calibre team in the last 40 years.

What makes anyone think the Jets will turn things around in the next 5 years with the leadership running the ship (I include the owner in this group)? The NFL has become a true elite QB league and we don't have one. Any team without one is in serious trouble and that includes the San Francisco and their vaunted defense.

I am fucking ranting because this franchise is an utter joke..what a waste of my 30 years I have put into following this shit.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

i dont agree with this one bit. and the classy part? got to be kidding me. fuckin cheaters who had no fan base until brady came along. biggest bandwagon in sports.

4. Mac Redstrum

Mac Redstrum Member

unfortunately Mark is taking the brunt of the heat for the loss , heres a few @ replies to Marks twitter account............@mark_sanchez how did brandon moore's ass taste?.....My dad's changing our dog's name to @Mark_Sanchez cause he always has his nose in someone's rear end..........Vote for @Mark_Sanchez on worst of the worst plays of the week #espn......@Mark_Sanchez You douche bag you are the worst QB in the history of the NFL......@Mark_Sanchez yooo you are trash gawd, just retire you bum....El video donde el retrasado mental de @Mark_Sanchez se estrella vs el culo de su compañero, fumblea y además le anotan.... Im sure Mark feels bad enough without these punks sending him twitter slop, pisses me off

5. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

All Internet tough guys.

[​IMG]

6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

idk, ozzie newsome is a great GM

7. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I do not wish to get into a philosophical debate about happiness w you. Anyway I see that you missed the point of the post.

8. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

There is nothing not to know. I lived in Maryland for 10 years and that franchise is elite, they will be fine. Ray has been a figurehead for a while now, he isn't anything like his former self and is probably done for good now.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

One thing I find mildly disturbing is that nobody on our team is pissed as men for losing like that. I see all of these 'we'll try better next time' or 'my bad, I fumbled the ball'. It really gets annoying.

If it's for media, than I do hope we have SOMEONE as a leader in the locker room who gets pissed off and holds people accountable if our coach won't do it. That's the kind of guy this team needs. Honestly, Landry seems to be the closest guy to that.

10. GATA

GATA Member

I've seen brighter days...
    I'm annoyed that everyone, their mother, their unborn children and friends of friends decided to all gang up on me yesterday.
    I had about 30 messages about how much my team sucks...
    I'm like no sh1t I'm watching. THANKS for the info

But what gets to me is the fact they're not even constantly bad. They're so f*cking inconsitant it's ridiculous.
    One game they play well, the next they play like they're in high school playing in the Pro Bowl.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

So what the team sucks. Most of us knew the team sucked before we had smoke blown up our pathetic, optimistic sphincters.

On the plus side I got to turn off my in-laws, my wife and my drunken uncle. I got to watch NFL football with a full belly and although the team is as miserable as I could have imagined on my worse day, I'm still thankful that I can tune out my crazy dysfunctional family, and with a full belly of 1000's of wasted calories sit and watch my team, sucky as they are, without a care in the world.

Be thankful, it could have been worse, if you had been a fan of a team that wasn’t on TV last night you might have had to perform the heimlich maneuver on your old ugly aunt who would have proceeded to give you an open mouth kiss in gratitude for saving her life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

12. Greeny

Greeny New Member

Wow ... Can you spell homer???

I mean are you even serious with this bs? You really like our S's who cant cover for shit? Their both SS's. Its really two of the same guys. Makes no sense at all. You like our linebackers? How about Kyle Wilson? How about our oline? Not to mention we have shit for RB's. And whos this "top receiver" you speak? Because we dont have a top wr on this roster including Holmes. Hes overpaid and nowhere near being a #1 wr.

Sorry man but I think your fuckin crazy. This team is not even close to contending.

13. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I haven't had high hopes since the Parcells AFC champ game in Denver.

Check that. I've never had high hopes for this franchise.

14. wexy

wexy Member

The worse part was watching that schmuck munching on a drumstick after the game.. This was a Black Friday for Jet fans but the leftovers my sister sent me home made for an excellent dinner.
    Tomorrow is another day.

15. rpetrulsky

rpetrulsky New Member

Players looks out of shape and slow

Is it me or does the team look lethargic? It would appear that Rex is more interested in being everybodys friend than being a coach.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Sanchez is at fault for this game obviously but so is, Mcknight,Greene,Schilenz,Lankster,And who ever else fumbled the ball or messed up a play, Clyde Gates has no buisness being on a football field either does Sparano or any other former Dolphin wash out

17. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Until we get an elite quarterback, we will never be an elite franchise.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

As soon as revis went down I revised our record to 7-9 from the 8-8 I thought we were going to do, and I can still see us winning three of our remaining games, so this season is no worse than I expected it to be (in terms of record) but it is much worse than I thought it would be in terms of actual performances.

Every aspect of the team (outside of Cromartie and Wilkerson - and to some extent Coples) has been a disappointment this season.

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I bet this guy is a better qb than Sansuck.:rofl:

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Our passing D is #5 in the league, so yes, I'd say our secondary as a whole is doing well, especially with no Revis. This includes the safeties. Landry has been one of the best guys on D this year. Our defense is a couple good LBs away from being elite.

As Hill and Kerley gain more experience the offense will start to click, especially with Holmes in the mix. All good things take time. Many folks were hopeful Hill would emerge early, but this was not the case, he's still got a lot of work to do. I feel Tanny will make a big splash this off season because he'll be in desperation mode. He might sign another good WR or good RB. If we want to have a top 10 or even 15 offense we need to fortify the line. I believe that is key, but adding another good WR or RB would make a world of difference. We had Braylon and LT in 2010. Their production has not yet been duplicated, and the Holmes injury only compounds that. That seems like a Tanny issue, investing too much money in the wrong places and losing a large chunk of our talent as a result.

Call me happy Homer Sunshine Boy. I'll be that. I don't think we're THAT far off. An elite D would make the offensive issues less impactful, but they can't do everything. We made the playoffs in 09 with Sanchez playing much worse. We just need to replace our missing 2010 production with more than bottom of the barrel UFAs or PS guys.

#160 Barcs, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012